MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hey Guitarists!!!!!!!! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4700)

molotok 2003-01-15 03:31

Hey Guitarists!!!!!!!!

Which guitars do u prefer? :confused:

1) GIBSON
2)JACKSON
3)IBANEZ
4)ESP
5)FENDER

artofnothing6 2003-01-15 06:06

gibson - overpriced and suck anyway
jackson - great
ibanez - very good, especially since they dont cost much
esp - even better than jacksons, but can tend to cost a shitload
fender - gay, but it seems like im the only one that thinks that a strat is shit.

Def 2003-01-15 07:31

Jackson and Ibanez

Gibsons aren't my thing and damn expensive, ESP is nice but the cheaper models with EMG hz's aren't that happening, and I absolutely agree, fender is crap

Clad in Shadows 2003-01-15 09:44

Gibson's suck? Are you a fuckin idiot? Gibson's are great guitars

sprint 2003-01-15 12:11

Ibanez - for the price and durability,

Gibson - for the tone.

EmperorMalignus 2003-01-15 12:11

depending on the models they're all great, even the stratocoaster (put some EMG's on it;) )

PantericA 2003-01-15 12:19

if i were to buy a new guitar it would probably be an ESP or Jackson :cool:
and actually, i think most the people on here don't think to highly of fender, except me. my squire strat seriously isn't that bad.

mrweijia 2003-01-15 13:19

gibson, les pauls are too heavy, sg's are too small
jackson: awesome
ibanez: ok
esp: dont like
fender: too overused

The Doctor 2003-01-15 15:27

B.C. Rich

guitar_demon 2003-01-15 16:01

Quote:
Originally posted by artofnothing6

fender - gay, but it seems like im the only one that thinks that a strat is shit.
no i think there shit too

but i would have to say that jackson is m y favortie i have one and am planinig on getting another one (a kelly) esp are pretty good too.
Quote:
gibson, les pauls are too heavy
i dont think there that heavy but i love les pauls especially the old ones

MechanicalRaper 2003-01-15 16:51

Gibsons- I just prefer the feel and tone
Jackson- if they'd produce a decent midrange axe (right below an SL-3) for around $500, I'd buy it. Good guitars, but I don't like their marketing.
Ibanez- love 'em
ESP- no opinion, really
Fender- not bad

Bones98 2003-01-15 17:11

Quote:
Originally posted by artofnothing6
gibson - overpriced and suck anyway
jackson - great
ibanez - very good, especially since they dont cost much
esp - even better than jacksons, but can tend to cost a shitload

Ur not alone.........
I think Fender and Gibson are so gay, even Elton John would think they're too
much for him!!!

Clad in Shadows 2003-01-15 23:30

If Les Pauls are too heavy for you, youre weak... I'm a skinny fuck and the weight of mine doesnt bother me at all.. of course you can't thrash around stage with them or anything though...

RUSSIANROULETTE 2003-01-16 06:34

HAIL JACKSONS :beer:

:sickface: FENDER

mrweijia 2003-01-16 09:39

Quote:
Originally posted by Clad in Shadows
If Les Pauls are too heavy for you, youre weak... I'm a skinny fuck and the weight of mine doesnt bother me at all.. of course you can't thrash around stage with them or anything though...

i meant that the les pauls were realtivley heavy. a lighter guitar is more comfortable to play with.

sanderinos 2003-01-16 13:08

Im totally in love with gibson

EmperorMalignus 2003-01-16 17:09

Quote:
Originally posted by RUSSIANROULETTE
HAIL JACKSONS :beer:

:sickface: FENDER

fender bought jackson a while ago:(

guitar_demon 2003-01-16 18:50

Quote:
Originally posted by EmperorMalignus
fender bought jackson a while ago:(

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: your fucking right?!?:bawling: :bawling: :mad: :angry:
fenders prtobably gonna fuck up the whole jackson buity and quality :behead: :bawling: :bawling:

metal=life 2003-01-16 19:13

Quote:
Originally posted by sanderinos
Im totally in love with gibson

thats cool to hear from a black metal fan:beer: ...i like a lot of gibsons but nothing compares to a Jackson Soloist 1 with the original Floyd Rose

Ibenez are very good guitars for the money but i REALLY hate the fact that a lot of nu-metal bands play them...i'm thinking about getting an Ibanez though (my acoustic is ibanez but i think this thread is about electrics)

ESP- i love the sound of most but there are better axes out there...

Fender- can suck my knob:)

killingismybiz 2003-01-16 23:34

Ahh! What a galore of choices to choose from!

Well, since I got that over with I'm going to say either... Gibson or Jackson only because Ibanez make guitars of crapwood(most.understand me.) in asia therefore they cut costs and you end up with a crap guitar, and THEN they rip your damn leg off with such prices! 200 -low 300 okay, I can deal with it, but more? No. Again ESP. Ha they should change their name to LTD since that's the what they have, all the good ESP guitars are signature series. But what happens if you DON'T want a signature series? Currently lack of guitar choices that are ESP. Fender are okay guitars, I'm not really a fender fellow, but I could live with it. They have some guitars that really don't appeal to me though...

No?

I couldnt say anything really about gibson and jackson, if I could then I would. I'd point out their flaws like I'd point out a watermelon growing on an apple tree.