MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Obama Deception: New Film (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43691)

BassBehemoth 2009-03-15 17:44

lol @ Bia.

Def 2009-03-15 19:18

I wonder what we'll say after four years. But it can't be worse then Bush for international relations...

moe_blunts 2009-03-15 23:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
lol @ Bia.

iknorite?

The Execrator 2009-03-15 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
I wonder what we'll say after four years. But it can't be worse then Bush for international relations...

Yeah, I fucking hope not.

drawn&quartered 2009-03-15 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
iknorite?

She's always been a tad bit aggressive. probably the vagina blood that does it

PST 88 2009-03-16 02:08

Well, not to belabor an obvious point, but the US electing anything other than a straight white male to the office of president is historical, if only in the same way that the biggest opening gross of a January 7th weekend is technically historical. Whether or not Obama will live up to the rest is yet to be seen. Honestly he's been more leftist on the whole stimulus budget than I expected; I expected he'd be fairly centrist until he got a second term, since he's smart enough to see that our last Democrat president tried to lean left his first few years and lost Congress as a result.

But I stand by my points: It's nothing new that the power structure in the US remains unchanged regardless of who wins our election; it's nothing new that Obama has no substantive track record, or really anything other than some superb rhetoric, to stand on; and it's too soon to really judge if he'll live up to his hype. This is just more hype; negative hype, sure, but it's not substantive enough to make me sit up. But maybe I'm politically jaundiced.

Anyway, if it speaks to you, far be it from me to criticize it. Most filmmakers couldn't accomplish that under more favorable circumstances.

estringrev 2009-03-16 03:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
She's always been a tad bit aggressive. probably the vagina blood that does it

Seems to be more of a vision issue, that or she intentionally commented on his post like that because of his perfectly fair rash generalization, which would make her a bit of bitch.

Paddy 2009-03-16 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Well, not to belabor an obvious point, but the US electing anything other than a straight white male to the office of president is historical, if only in the same way that the biggest opening gross of a January 7th weekend is technically historical. Whether or not Obama will live up to the rest is yet to be seen. Honestly he's been more leftist on the whole stimulus budget than I expected; I expected he'd be fairly centrist until he got a second term, since he's smart enough to see that our last Democrat president tried to lean left his first few years and lost Congress as a result.

But I stand by my points: It's nothing new that the power structure in the US remains unchanged regardless of who wins our election; it's nothing new that Obama has no substantive track record, or really anything other than some superb rhetoric, to stand on; and it's too soon to really judge if he'll live up to his hype. This is just more hype; negative hype, sure, but it's not substantive enough to make me sit up. But maybe I'm politically jaundiced.

Anyway, if it speaks to you, far be it from me to criticize it. Most filmmakers couldn't accomplish that under more favorable circumstances.
Apparently the film was rushed out for the purposes of political timing rather than offering a thorough debunking of Obama's image, so I'm left pissing in the wind somewhat with regards to the film's credibility haha. That said, I don't think the film spoke to me particularly, but I welcomed the break in the climate of seemingly unjustified and universal worship, and as rushed as the film appears to be, and as dubious as its conclusions are, I found it refreshing.

You acknowledged that the power structure essentially remains the same regardless of who's at the helm, but still want to adopt a "wait and see" approach for Obama's administration. Do you have any reason to expect anything other than what history appears to forecast? I'm sure I'll be forgiven if I wallow in my jadedness at this point! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by estringrev
Seems to be more of a vision issue, that or she intentionally commented on his post like that because of his perfectly fair rash generalization, which would make her a bit of bitch.
In Bia's defence, I had to read Pr0az's post 2 or 3 times myself (no offence, chief!) before I was confident that I understood him correctly ;)

Bia 2009-03-20 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Nice way of hacking up his post and turning his intent completely around :rolleyes:
I failed in my attempt at being facetious.

Apologies Mr Sensitive.

:P

blitz906 2009-03-21 09:31

Did anyone see Obama's Special Olympics comment on Leno the other night?

:rofl: :D

Paddy 2009-03-21 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Did anyone see Obama's Special Olympics comment on Leno the other night?

:rofl: :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE0yAEvVsUo

I have now :D I gotta say, I don't consider this worthy of its own YouTube presentation haha. It's hardly the most earth-shattering thing a president has ever said.

Gomli 2009-03-21 13:49

Ahhh come on...!
Hes black he can do things like that!

:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JagB...re=channel_page

Dystopia 2012-02-09 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmahswamp
If the world were "perfect" for everyone...Alex Jones would make a documentary about how "perfection" is a nefarious war waged by the illuminati on your mind and freedom.

That hick will never be content.

I think he's had on police officers that were present at WTC on 9-11-01... could have been the Oklahoma City bombing, or both, that were told to keep crowds away because of a demolition, and then told they weren't supposed to tell anyone by Federal Agents, then they went on Alex Jones, then they were killed.

Alex Jones also predicted the events of 9-11, said something like, "Yeah next thing they'll do is bomb the WTC and blame it on al-Qaeda."