MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Obama Deception: New Film (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43691)

Paddy 2009-03-12 09:21

The Obama Deception: New Film
 
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...780711843120756

I've only watched about 15 minutes of it so far, seems interesting enough. The basic premise is that Obama's administration is business as usual for the global elite. Not exactly the most shocking piece of information I've ever heard.

Discuss!

moe_blunts 2009-03-12 10:00

"they put a black face on the new world order.....krs aint buyin' it."


is this an alex jones movie? if so...i met that dude at a bar and shook his hand. said "thanks." then i sang karaoke. lulz

Paddy 2009-03-12 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
is this an alex jones movie? if so...i met that dude at a bar and shook his hand. said "thanks." then i sang karaoke. lulz
Yeah, one of his less abrasive/hysterical films by the looks of it. I like some of his other work, but I find I need to take several breaks during each of his films; they're just too "loud" or something haha.

What did you sing at the karaoke? :p

Amadeus 2009-03-12 12:33

Well, it's a piece of crap. See, I have this basic demand that if I'm going to have a serious discussion with someone about, say, a new bill I want some kind of reference to where I can read the entire bill itself and not some crackpots' oppinion of it. And come on people, they spend about fifteen minutes showing an overweight guy making an ass out of himself spitting incoherently into a phone, taking meaningless pictures and then finally put the torpedo in the waterline of any remaining credibility as a journalist by filming himself shouting in a megaphone outside the meeting he was supposedly covering...

Paddy 2009-03-12 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Well, it's a piece of crap. See, I have this basic demand that if I'm going to have a serious discussion with someone about, say, a new bill I want some kind of reference to where I can read the entire bill itself and not some crackpots' oppinion of it. And come on people, they spend about fifteen minutes showing an overweight guy making an ass out of himself spitting incoherently into a phone, taking meaningless pictures and then finally put the torpedo in the waterline of any remaining credibility as a journalist by filming himself shouting in a megaphone outside the meeting he was supposedly covering...
If someone mentions a bill you want to read you can just Google it, surely. Given that I don't think you made it past the 5 minute mark I'm assuming that the bill you are referring to is Executive Order 11110, attributed here to JFK. If you want to read this order, or read about it, here's the first result I got from Google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

Something I've come to learn about Alex Jones is that it takes some effort to see past his obnoxious persona and just try to concentrate on the info - info which is usually sandwiched between two hairy bollocks of nonsense - but if you're willing to put the work in there's definitely a fair amount of solid material you can extract from his masturbatory films haha.

As for the megaphone, he's also an activist, and I'm assuming he was using his megaphone in that clip in his capacity as an activist and not as a journalist. Although I'm not sure what difference that would make anyway; are we to assume that any information conveyed via megaphones is, by default, untrustworthy or dubious or unsourced?

Regardless of this film or Alex Jones' involvement, what's your opinion of Obama in terms of his allegiances/motivations/intentions?

moe_blunts 2009-03-12 14:38

I sang The Temptations - Papa was a Rolling Stone. I introduced by saying, "this is for all the bastards in the audience" ...lulz

PST 88 2009-03-12 14:45

Wait, you're saying that the party in power in American politics doesn't significantly affect the world's socioeconomic structure? Surely you must mean some other country, for we are The World's Greatest Democracy and Sole Remaining Superpower, and there's no way that we only select between two marginally different options both of which are more beholden to the existing power structures than to their actual constituents.

It's hard to take a documentary very seriously that claims that Obama's administration is business as usual less than 100 days into said administration. I'm not saying it's any more or less truthful for that, but considering how long it takes to research, shoot, edit, and post-produce a documentary, this is a little premature for it to be doing anything that you couldn't do with some curiosity and access to google.

The Execrator 2009-03-12 16:49

:p

I'll take this more seriously if they decide to re-film it after Obama has been in office for a considerable amount of time.

Chris Rezendes 2009-03-12 17:03

lolz you all lvoe obamas way to much but hes realy not that grate hes just the black bush plus hes muslim fuck you gais

OBAMA HOUSAIN BIN LADEN LULZ

Paddy 2009-03-12 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Wait, you're saying that the party in power in American politics doesn't significantly affect the world's socioeconomic structure? Surely you must mean some other country, for we are The World's Greatest Democracy and Sole Remaining Superpower, and there's no way that we only select between two marginally different options both of which are more beholden to the existing power structures than to their actual constituents.

It's hard to take a documentary very seriously that claims that Obama's administration is business as usual less than 100 days into said administration. I'm not saying it's any more or less truthful for that, but considering how long it takes to research, shoot, edit, and post-produce a documentary, this is a little premature for it to be doing anything that you couldn't do with some curiosity and access to google.
A president's policies and appointee choices, and pre-presidential political career/affiliations, constitute a pretty reasonable overview (maybe more than that) of what you can expect, before any deep research is done. However, the messianic image Obama is enjoying is, to me, more open to the criticism you made about the film than the film is itself. He's black in a country where his fellows couldn't sit where they wanted on a bus 50 years ago, and he's a Democrat after 8 years of Conservatism widely considered some of the worst in America's history, and despite being in office for less than 100 days the world is already sucking his cock. His race and the fact that he's not Bush are basically all we have to go on with regards to how the general public perceive him - at least at this early juncture - yet every single [non-racist] media outlet used the same buzzwords to describe his inauguration - historical, new hope, change, revolutionary, etc. (I'm not ascribing these beliefs to you, PST 88!). This is a pretty vulnerable state for the public to be in; they're basically teasing the powers that be to see how far they can push them. "As long as it's an ethnic Democrat you can do what you like". The "Anyone But Bush" campaign highlights that problem perfectly. As long as he's marginally less tyrannical than Bush he'll be considered better by comparison (which opens the door to other concerns) and that's probably the worry which fuelled the making of this film and the writing of Tarpley's book.

I'm not jumping in with the film makers and saying there's a new world order on the way and that Obama is in the driving seat, but the concerns outlined above are worrying enough on their own - even all the way over here in N. Ireland - without the threat of a global fascist police state to go along with it. In that respect, I think the film is fairly interesting/worth while, if you take the conclusions it draws with a pinch of salt (that is, NWO scaremongering).

L,B'XXX 2009-03-12 20:23

We won't know what kind of President he is until the day after his term is up. All the fanfare about him is just that. I hope he does a good job, but that's the hopes of lots of people.
These people that make their political statements for sensationalism drive me nuts. Even Abbie Hoffman mellowed with age.

Amadeus 2009-03-12 23:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
As for the megaphone, he's also an activist, and I'm assuming he was using his megaphone in that clip in his capacity as an activist and not as a journalist. Although I'm not sure what difference that would make anyway; are we to assume that any information conveyed via megaphones is, by default, untrustworthy or dubious or unsourced?

Regardless of this film or Alex Jones' involvement, what's your opinion of Obama in terms of his allegiances/motivations/intentions?


It's been said already a bunch of times - it is far to early to tell what will become of things. Who knows, maybe some of the promises they claim he has broken was simply a case of overenthusiasm? Once he got into office and was handed all the responsibility he realised it wasn't all that easy? Or maybe he is a puppet, and this guy wastes an important insight making showbiz.
If I'm watching a documentary it's because I want facts in the matter, not the journalist calling himself brave american when he is in no kind of danger whatsoever. If he'd dress up as a waiter, do a bunch of sit-ups to lose the stomach and put a hidden camera in it's place, and actually presented some worthwhile inside fotage, then I'd be interested and perhaps even impressed.
But this film is just sensationalism and Obama is at least still worth the benefit of a doubt.

Pr0az 2009-03-13 04:54

He's black end of story...no one down south likes him, come to think of it the South tried to keep the white ones in to keep our nation pure LOL...god this country is fucked up it least one side of it.... :stoned:

Paddy 2009-03-13 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
We won't know what kind of President he is until the day after his term is up. All the fanfare about him is just that. I hope he does a good job, but that's the hopes of lots of people.
These people that make their political statements for sensationalism drive me nuts. Even Abbie Hoffman mellowed with age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's been said already a bunch of times - it is far to early to tell what will become of things. Who knows, maybe some of the promises they claim he has broken was simply a case of overenthusiasm? Once he got into office and was handed all the responsibility he realised it wasn't all that easy? Or maybe he is a puppet, and this guy wastes an important insight making showbiz.
Hopefully that's the case :D It's just that when anyone is raised up to this level so early on I get a little suspicious. And I don't think it's unreasonable to trust that suspicion, it seems like every president that comes along promises big change and delivers a nice big helping of status quo (or worse), save for a few minor issues which appear to superficially distinguish them from their predecessors. For instance, their stance on abortion, gay rights, immigration, etc. They're not minor issues to the people involved, but on the grand scheme of things they're barely relevant, yet this is where people tend to make their decisions on who to vote for - missing the fact that their major polices are more or less the same (foreign policy, anti-terrorism, etc.).

Bia 2009-03-14 00:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
lolz you all lvoe obamas way to much but hes realy not that grate hes just the black bush plus hes muslim fuck you gais

OBAMA HOUSAIN BIN LADEN LULZ

Yeah no shit d00d and I done herd he done gonna put spinner rims on Air Force One arabterrorist hate-preacher lover!!111ele!!ve1n

Bia 2009-03-14 00:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
He's black end of story...no one down south likes him

Your ignorant mother should have aborted you.

O_o

Pr0az 2009-03-14 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
Your ignorant mother should have aborted you.

O_o

Lol, read the whole statement Bia...its really true(you should head the shit these old white people say down here) but shit I voted for him the lesser of two evils.
:spider:

L,B'XXX 2009-03-14 16:41

Problem is that as much as some whites don't like him because he's black a lot of people voted him just because he's black which is ridiculous, too. I don't care what color you are just do something so my kid, and the rest of America, can get back to work and have normal, productive lives.

Kalmahswamp 2009-03-15 16:51

If the world were "perfect" for everyone...Alex Jones would make a documentary about how "perfection" is a nefarious war waged by the illuminati on your mind and freedom.

That hick will never be content.

MetalThrashingMad 2009-03-15 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
Your ignorant mother should have aborted you.

O_o

Nice way of hacking up his post and turning his intent completely around :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
He's black end of story...no one down south likes him......god this country is fucked up


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.