MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   bc rich warlock (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4368)

kObwEb 2002-12-18 20:51

bc rich warlock

what do u guys think of the warlock? when i first saw it i said "Man i wanna get that fukn guitar!" and when i sat down to play it was so uncomfortable to play. its shape makes it akward to play and u cant really rest ur hand on it.:mad: i guess it just looks cool

MeTalManiac555 2002-12-18 21:03

Well, your not going to be sitting down with that kind of guitar, but yeah it does feel uncomfertable, but it is a nice guitar and doesnt sound bad either it actually sounds pretty nice.

killingismybiz 2002-12-19 00:31

the warlock's cool. It's one of the best looking guitars by bc rich. Except... some of the guitars look 'fake' , plastic like, exspecially the 'red' ones. I've never sat done a played one, so I wouldn't know if it was comfortable or not...

The Doctor 2002-12-19 03:21

i don't think it plays uneasy, i guess i'm used to it.

+--deifiler--+ 2002-12-19 05:18

i got a warlock as a first guitar, its an old one though, before the era of 'bronze' 'NJ' series etc etc

its got a shitty sound and fat neck but i dont hav eprblems playin it

metal=life 2002-12-19 11:11

my warlock is very comfortable playing sitting down...but i NEVER play sitting, i hate it. This christmas, all of my money/girfts are gonna be put into my warlock. Im thinking about putting an EMG-81 for the bridge and an EMG-85 for the neck, and im gonna get an original floyd rose bridge and a fernandaz sustainer. This guitar is gonna always be tuned down 1 step :cool: :beer: ....i think that warlocks (n.j. series) suck when you dont fix them up, or at least mine does.

The Doctor 2002-12-19 13:21

the only problem with my warlock is that it gets false so damn quickly! First i had to get the wham of (now i can't find it back:angry: ) and now its just stayes good for about half an hour. grrrr

terminus 2002-12-19 13:39

Quote:
Originally posted by killingismybiz
the warlock's cool. It's one of the best looking guitars by bc rich. Except... some of the guitars look 'fake' , plastic like, exspecially the 'red' ones. I've never sat done a played one, so I wouldn't know if it was comfortable or not...

Well, which red ones are you talking about? The tranparent red maple quilt top or the Acrylic Series? The Acrylics, they come in red, black, clear and lime green. I've only seen one clear warlock. I love mine. It is a 2000 NJ model painted satin black with black hardware. That was the last year they were painted that color. The others are gloss black, that I do not like because they are too shiny. I'm saving my money to buy a USA hand made warlock. Nothing beats a hand made BC Rich.

MeTalManiac555 2002-12-19 18:14

I'm sure that will bea badass guitar.

Cthulhu0610 2002-12-19 18:32

i got a warlock bass, it's comfortable sitting down with, standing is fine, the only bitch i have about it is where they put the little pegs at both in the back so it really doesn't balance itself too well

Cthulhu0610 2002-12-19 18:33

one thing i forgot to mention though, not trying to chance subject or any but a BC Rich i think was just made great for sitting down with and putting it on your leg is the IronBird, i got one and it's probably the most comfortable guitar to sit down with

terminus 2002-12-19 20:27

I would say the most uncomfortable BC Rich's to play are the Jr. V and the Beast. I think the Warlock feels like a strat-style guitar when played sitting down.

killingismybiz 2002-12-19 21:51

Quote:
Originally posted by terminus
Well, which red ones are you talking about? The tranparent red maple quilt top or the Acrylic Series? The Acrylics, they come in red, black, clear and lime green. I've only seen one clear warlock. I love mine. It is a 2000 NJ model painted satin black with black hardware. That was the last year they were painted that color. The others are gloss black, that I do not like because they are too shiny. I'm saving my money to buy a USA hand made warlock. Nothing beats a hand made BC Rich.

I think it might have been the acrylics, but Im not sure. It was just plain red. Had a more of an orange 'glow' to it though.

MeTalManiac555 2002-12-19 22:13

Oh yeah man I know what your talking about. Yeah they look liek plastic and cheap. I dont like that eiether, and yeah it does kind of have an oragne color to it.

killingismybiz 2002-12-19 22:34

Quote:
Originally posted by MeTalManiac555
Oh yeah man I know what your talking about. Yeah they look like plastic and cheap. I dont like that either, and yeah it does kind of have an orange color to it.

I know. I hate it. (no offense - but I just do). It does look cheap, and I think it costs like 100 -200$ over here, which is kinda cheap. One day , I'll hurl on it.. *nods* or beat someone up w/ it.. and hopefully someone will say "who beat you w/ the ugly stick?" and they'll point to me.. ah yes. :) :D

The Doctor 2002-12-20 11:56

check this rich out.

MeTalManiac555 2002-12-20 12:11

Hahah, nice one killingismybiz, Warlocks are nice but some of them are ugly as hell liek the ones ur saying. My friend has liek the cheaper Warlock without the Widow stock head and I dont care for it. The Customs are pretty nice though or the HAnd Made ones something like that.:D :flame:---- Warlock------ Haha there goes that one shitty plastic looking warlock. That's what I want to do to one of them is burn it.

kObwEb 2002-12-20 15:11

DAMN THATS A BADASS BEAST!:eek:

terminus 2002-12-20 15:23

Quote:
Originally posted by The Doctor
check this rich out.

Ah yes, the Blood Red Beast--I don't particuarly care for that one. I like the black with silver bevels. I also don't care for the acrylics. The only wood on them is the neck which is maple and rose wood. they are basically a Bronze serice made of plastic. They are not worth it. I thing any head stock other that the Widow looks terrible on the warlock.

mrweijia 2002-12-20 19:32

that's a nice guitar. i also heard bc rich uses crap wood