MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Missing my Baby (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42628)

Requiem 2008-12-04 14:17

Missing my Baby

Around holiday season last year I became disinterested in bass and even early than that to be honest. I had no one to play with, my skills were rapidly decreasing due to lack of practice and my rig just plain sucked. Being a whinny little teenager my first response is to quit and sell my bass and amp for a stupidly low amount for stuff I don't want to publicly announce.

But the seasons have returned and with it my will to play bass again thanks to Opeth's Advent. I was on my first listen to Moringrise for the first time in over six months and Advent approached; the first Opeth song I learned on bass giving me strong urges to play again.

So guys, cherish you instruments and gear. For most of you playing music was probably your passion , and playing goes unparallel against enjoyment from other things. I condoned my passion and abdicated my instruments; however, there is new hope. With Christmas coming and me being lucky enough to receive towering amounts of gifts(not really) I could possibly be able to obtain an used bass from a pawnshop.

Yes, this thread is trivial but I just wanted to remind everyone to keep their instruments closer than their family...joking...and hope no one makes the zealous mistakes I did.

BassBehemoth 2008-12-04 23:58

Yes..Bass is fun.

Wolfsherz 2008-12-05 08:29

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

This could have gone in the RTT too.

Know what helps? My first bass is covered in blood, almost entirely, that way I'll never get someone to buy it.

sixsicsix 2009-01-13 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz

My first bass is covered in blood, almost entirely.

explain?

MetalThrashingMad 2009-01-13 19:44

Hahahahhah I never saw this thread. Hahahhahhahah.

Transient 2009-01-13 21:15

requiem learn the meanings of words before you pepper your weird posts with them

MetalThrashingMad 2009-01-13 21:48

Don't say that, it would ruin all the fun :D He's almost as funny as Bob Ze Metallu or whatever his name was.

Wolfsherz 2009-01-14 04:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
explain?

Well actually just the body of the bass. Evading the strings of course.
Because that would make it unsellable. I just don't want to have to sell my first bass.

Oh and it looks cool. It's actually eating through the stickers. Yeah don't punch me, my blood will be like acid on your skin!

Requiem 2009-01-15 20:59

Don't snipe at an idiot. It'll only make yourself look worse.

drawn&quartered 2009-01-16 14:48

did you trade your bass for a maple story account?

Wolfsherz 2009-01-19 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Don't snipe at an idiot. It'll only make yourself look worse.

Don't sell your bass like the fucking retard that you are and afterwards think it's an important enough fact in human history to whine about it on a forum.

sixsicsix 2009-01-20 20:07

Quote:
Well actually just the body of the bass. Evading the strings of course.
Because that would make it unsellable. I just don't want to have to sell my first bass.

Oh and it looks cool. It's actually eating through the stickers. Yeah don't punch me, my blood will be like acid on your skin!

that still doesnt explain HOW it got covered in blood.

lol

Wolfsherz 2009-01-21 06:02

Oh, HOW. Well, I cut open some wounds with a stanley knife.

I told u i was hardcore.

sixsicsix 2009-02-13 15:35

lol

blitz906 2009-02-24 04:10

Christ, I have never lost the urge to play. I'd never sell my goddamn bass even if I owed the mafia absurd amounts of money and my kneecaps were on the line :rolleyes:
Quote:
Oh, HOW. Well, I cut open some wounds with a stanley knife.

I told u i was hardcore.

I hope you're kidding.

Wolfsherz 2009-08-04 04:24

No.

The Execrator 2009-08-07 01:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMetalAkaz
Everyone has their first Opeth album. Everyone has their Opeth album that changed there life as far as music goes and brings back strong nostalgic memories. For me, and maybe for you it was that Morningrise album.

pix or it didn't happen

oddball 2011-05-27 14:13

Pawned a Carlo robalini or something ounce , and the pawnshop burnt down that sucked!!