Last questions before I buy an amp head (and cab)
So, I need to know about the following before I make the purchase.
1. Phase inverter - I did some research about this but I'm not sure whether it's important to know at this stage or not.
2. Number of pre-amp tubes - What effect on the sound, if any, does the number of pre-amp tubes have? (Say 4 tubes vs. 6 tubes.)
3. What's a rectifier?
4. Passive/active EQ? - Is this a pickup thing or is there active and passive eqs on amps as well?
5. Impedance - Do the various impedances affect the sound in any way? (4 ohms, 6, 18.)
6. Frontloaded vs. rearloaded cabs - I read that frontloaded cabs sound tighter whereas rearloaded cabs sound more resonant and warmer. Any opinions?
7. Series vs. parallel fx loop - Any difference in sound? Pros/cons?
Sorry for all these questions. I've been researching about this stuff for some time and I'm at the final stage before making the purchase. Thanks and I look forward to your replies. :beer:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:07.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.