MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Official PC Gaming Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39864)

blitz906 2008-04-10 20:25

The Official PC Gaming Thread

Let's discuss what PC games we love to play. Lately, I have been playing :

Half-Life 2 (For the fifth time)
Sherlock Holmes : The Silver Earring

Anyone else here play Half-Life 2? or any of the expansions/multiplayer games? If you do, add me as a friend on Steam : xaphan906

Dyldo 2008-04-10 20:56

Portal
I use to play a lot of Worms Armegeddon/World Party but I deleted them a long time ago.

I'll probably pick up Starcraft 2 when it comes out (assuming I can run it).

blitz906 2008-04-10 21:03

Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon are fucking sweet :) I used to play those so fucking much back in the day.

Requiem 2008-04-10 21:40

I play Maple Story 8+ hours a day....

blitz906 2008-04-10 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
I play Maple Story 8+ hours a day....

Holy shit. Do you even have a job?

Requiem 2008-04-10 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Holy shit. Do you even have a job?

Nope. I'm an NEET.

timedragon 2008-04-10 21:44

i havnt played very many pc games. i did play this one called They Hunger. kind of weird...

sixsicsix 2008-04-10 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Portal
I use to play a lot of Worms Armegeddon/World Party but I deleted them a long time ago.

I'll probably pick up Starcraft 2 when it comes out (assuming I can run it).

SC2 is probably gonna be like how WC3 was when it first came out..... slow...

and it still kinda is.

drawn&quartered 2008-04-10 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
SC2 is probably gonna be like how WC3 was when it first came out..... slow...

and it still kinda is.

Speaking of wc3, I play that a lot online. not ladder anymore, just shit like footmen frenzy.

I might start up WoW again also.

blitz906 2008-04-10 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
i havnt played very many pc games. i did play this one called They Hunger. kind of weird...

Isn't that a Half-Life mod?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Nope. I'm an NEET.

wtf is a NEET?

sixsicsix 2008-04-10 23:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Speaking of wc3, I play that a lot online. not ladder anymore, just shit like footmen frenzy.

I might start up WoW again also.

since I quit WoW I've gained

20 points in all my grades.
higher self esteem.
a better job.
girlfriend.

coincidence?

timedragon 2008-04-10 23:24

Quote:
Isn't that a Half-Life mod?

yeah. my friend is a half-life fan. ive never really played it, and hes the one that gave me the game to try.

tmfreak 2008-04-10 23:52

We just talk about pc gaming in the console thread. Any real need for this thread? If anything just an official video games thread is in order.

I play alot of strategy games on the comp. Civ 4, Alpha Centauri, shit like that.

I go through phases, in and out of different games. Sims 2, rollercoaster tycoon.

I just get inspired and start playing a game again.(one thats worth playing multiple times years later)

Fallout 1 and 2, need i say more.

blitz906 2008-04-11 00:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
We just talk about pc gaming in the console thread.

PC gaming deserves its own thread, as it is totally different to console gaming.

blitz906 2008-04-11 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
since I quit WoW I've gained

20 points in all my grades.
higher self esteem.
a better job.
girlfriend.

coincidence?

Not a coincidence at all. I know many people who lost their lives to WoW. It's like a drug.

tmfreak 2008-04-11 00:21

Quote:
PC gaming deserves its own thread, as it is totally different to console gaming.

The point was that theres no need to bounce back and forth between 2 threads talking about video games.

Its not totally different. Does control scheme really make it so different that they can't even be talked about side by side? I call bullshit. People often have joysticks and gamepads on their computers. (hell you can use a wireless 360 controller on a computer now) So does that all of a sudden change it into a console?

Also most games on pc are on consoles anyway.

blitz906 2008-04-11 01:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
The point was that theres no need to bounce back and forth between 2 threads talking about video games.

Its not totally different. Does control scheme really make it so different that they can't even be talked about side by side? I call bullshit. People often have joysticks and gamepads on their computers. (hell you can use a wireless 360 controller on a computer now) So does that all of a sudden change it into a console?

Also most games on pc are on consoles anyway.

Most obscure PC games will never see a console. I made this thread for people like me who only play games on the PC... what's the big deal?

Six_Feet_Under_420 2008-04-11 04:43

'bout fucking time there is a pc gaming thread.

My alltime favorite game is "call of chtuhlu" horror/thriller game. other than that I play crysis and supreme commander.

blitz906 2008-04-11 04:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Feet_Under_420
My alltime favorite game is "call of chtuhlu" horror/thriller game.

What kind of game is that? Like mystery? First person shooter? etc

Six_Feet_Under_420 2008-04-11 05:11

Quote:
What kind of game is that? Like mystery? First person shooter? etc

it's a first person shooter. You should do a search on youtube. If you're into horror. you will like this game. It's based on journal that was found. The journal belonged to a patient from a mental institution. And he was living in this "different world" The game just follows the journal they found long ago. ( I'm dead fucking serious, it's based on a true story)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQ-Xqt-d0A

here's a trailer