MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   V-Shaped guitar for bedroom use? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39418)

tripton 2008-02-01 15:39

V-Shaped guitar for bedroom use?
 
I am going to buy purchasing my first "good" guitar here in the next 3-4 months. I really like the look of V-shapes, but don't know if that is going to fit my playing style since i am just going to be sitting in a chair in my bedroom. Currently using a LTD M-100 with a traditional strat-style shape.

I've played my buddy's V shape a while sitting, and it was different - a little weird. He told me also that he usually plays it standing up. Will I get used to it over time, or is that shape always going to be uncomfortable/awkward for a sitting-down player? If it is, i'm just going to forget it and stick with a traditional shape.

Casketcrusher 2008-02-01 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripton
I am going to buy purchasing my first "good" guitar here in the next 3-4 months. I really like the look of V-shapes, but don't know if that is going to fit my playing style since i am just going to be sitting in a chair in my bedroom. Currently using a LTD M-100 with a traditional strat-style shape.

I've played my buddy's V shape a while sitting, and it was different - a little weird. He told me also that he usually plays it standing up. Will I get used to it over time, or is that shape always going to be uncomfortable/awkward for a sitting-down player? If it is, i'm just going to forget it and stick with a traditional shape.



Vs are a bitch to sit down and play with. You can do it but it is akward.

MetalThrashingMad 2008-02-01 16:38

Playing V's sitting down is easy. Either put the bottom V between your legs when you're sitting in a chair, or put the whole guitar on the right side of your right leg (right handed) if you are sitting on your bed. Playing mine like the guy in the first picture below is more comfortable than a strat for me, as it puts the neck at a more ergonomic angle.

With the V between your legs:
http://www.flying-v.ch/nickelback/chad_75_pb.jpg

Sorry I couldnt get a better pic (lolol) but this guy is more or less playing his guitar (significantly larger than any V) with both legs to one side (of course with a V, you would need a strap though):
http://bp3.blogger.com/_g2G9XZSAzPY...ert_johnson.gif

7-string warlord 2008-02-01 17:40

get a rhoads....thaey are easy to sit with.

MetalThrashingMad 2008-02-01 19:09

This one is the same as mine (only mine is red)... it's fucking terrific. If you can find one. Kramer Vanguard PRO FR-202-US

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8027/dsc00992jz9.jpg

Deathmaster213 2008-02-02 16:31

Just sit and play classical style.

I'm sure even with a strap a standard/King V would still try and slide.

Mortal_Lament 2008-02-02 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
This one is the same as mine (only mine is red)... it's fucking terrific. If you can find one. Kramer Vanguard PRO FR-202-US

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8027/dsc00992jz9.jpg

I got the same one man, mine's still black, and i changed the pups to a WB heaven and hell set. But stock it still shredded ass.

the_bleeding 2008-02-02 16:34

i had a kerry king v for a while and classical position (1 wing inbetween legs) was the most comfortable. It was more comfy to play than my RG.

but the most comfortable guitar i have still ever played to this day was a jackson warrior.

MetalThrashingMad 2008-02-02 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal_Lament
I got the same one man, mine's still black, and i changed the pups to a WB heaven and hell set. But stock it still shredded ass.

:beer: No shit!! Where did you find it?? Is it neck thru or bolt on?

Mortal_Lament 2008-02-03 10:45

Neck thru, picked it up off ebay. It was only 500 bucks with the case. i thought it was the Indonesian Musicyo.com version cause of the pickup configuration (H-H-nothing) without the neck pup, and because of the ridiculously low amount of money it cost.

Arsis 2008-02-03 13:15

I have a dean V. It actually feels better for my back when i play in classical posish with a v becouse im not hunching my back over it like i do with "standard" style bodied guitars.

Mordor 2008-02-04 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
:beer: No shit!! Where did you find it?? Is it neck thru or bolt on?


I've got exactly the same guitar as you too. But i decided to keep the stock seymours in there. The pearly gates sounds awesome for clean stuf, sucks a bit though for distorted leads. Kickass guitar for the price, got mine for 80 :beer: :p

Mortal_Lament 2008-02-04 15:44

yours had stock seymours? Mine had those quad rail pickups, with that coil tap thing. Piece of shit electronics, i rewired the whole thing. Badass guitar though, thinking of a new paintjob....don't know what yet

tripton 2008-02-05 13:39

I went and play tested the guitar (ibanez VBT700) i was talking about this weekend. It felt damn good. The comfort was much better for me when compared to a traditional strat shape that I am using right now. I'm definetly getting more serious about this.

Auyard 2008-02-05 13:43

I have the VBT700 and I like it a lot. Can't say much for the pups cause I haven't had time to fully unleash it plugged up but other than that it's awesome.

Comes with a case: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-VBT-700-...1QQcmdZViewItem

MetalThrashingMad 2008-02-05 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auyard
I have the VBT700 and I like it a lot. Can't say much for the pups cause I haven't had time to fully unleash it plugged up but other than that it's awesome.

Comes with a case: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-VBT-700-...1QQcmdZViewItem

+1

I've never seen that before. I want one.

Deathmaster213 2008-02-05 18:01

How about this?

new Gibson :sickface:

or Dean

Mortal_Lament 2008-02-05 18:08

kinda lame that gibson released the splittail...i kinda thought wylde released that for dean basically for dimebag, like that bullseye razorback.
He ripped on that guitar at the show though, 5 minutes worth of solo and beer

MetalThrashingMad 2008-02-05 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
How about this?

new Gibson :sickface:

or Dean

Thats downright nauseating!

Auyard 2008-02-05 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
How about this?

new Gibson :sickface:

or Dean


What are Dean necks like? No one i know has played one and none of the local stores have one. How do they compare to the Wizard II necks?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.