MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bad experiences playing (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38636)

aFarewelltoKings 2007-10-14 18:48

Bad experiences playing

Has anyone in a band ever have a really shitty experience while you were playing? Like booing,being flipped off,etc?

moe_blunts 2007-10-14 18:54

I got my period while doing a Texas T, David Lee Roth style.

YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD 2007-10-14 20:28

one time i got too shitfaced to play and passed out onstage and had to be dragged off. then 5 minutes later i came swimming through the crowd back onstage and tried plugging in and played the wrong song and did some retarded ass bass solo. next thing i knew i woke up at a carls jr. :o

MetalThrashingMad 2007-10-14 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
one time i got too shitfaced to play and passed out onstage and had to be dragged off. then 5 minutes later i came swimming through the crowd back onstage and tried plugging in and played the wrong song and did some retarded ass bass solo. next thing i knew i woke up at a carls jr. :o

That's so fucking thrash it actually hurts :D

xgrafcorex 2007-10-14 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD

hahah that's rough!

i've only played a few garage shows..worst thing that happened was just breaking a string mid song.

ha i went to a punk show that my friend put together in honor of one of our friends that died... a guitarist in one of the bands forgot his guitar! :rofl: how the hell do you forget your guitar!?

Dyldo 2007-10-14 21:22

My first real "show" started off by all of my equipment failing and the first song being clicked off while I was frantically pulling cords in and out. I got my guitar to work quickly but all my effects (which are important in my band - lots of ambient sounds and funky guitar work) didn't. My keyboardist's equipment crapped out for most of the set, too. Awesomelylely we still got a great response.

BOB_ZE_METALLEU 2007-10-14 21:22

we already have a thread about that loll

xgraf: LOLL, what a dumb ass

Dyldo 2007-10-14 21:24

Bump bit, Bob.

Transient 2007-10-14 21:33

ive stepped on my cable and yanked it out mid song.... someone also unpluggedmy amp while i was playing. no huge deal

PST 88 2007-10-14 21:37

One time I asked for a brandy glass filled with blue M&Ms and it turned out one of them was green.

Actually I've never really fucked up live. I can play trashed and don't step on anything dangerous or sound-threatening even when I do my Ian stomp. No problems as a singer either. Pretty boring.

MetalThrashingMad 2007-10-14 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
even when I do my Ian stomp.

You may have to explain this for n00b.

Transient 2007-10-14 22:25

you guys dont moove

at awl

FUCK you

oh you got a beeyoh in your hand dats why

Dyldo 2007-10-15 00:31

I run around like a fucking mad man. Just gotta be mindful of where you stomp.

PST 88 2007-10-15 01:45

I range about as far as my cable and the other people on a usually fairly small stage permit. I'm just coordinated and aware of my surroundings. I could be Batman if I just quit drinking.

CompelledToLacerate 2007-10-15 01:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I range about as far as my cable and the other people on a usually fairly small stage permit. I'm just coordinated and aware of my surroundings. I could be Batman if I just quit drinking.

If you quit drinking, you would stop having these crazy ideas of being batmans and we would stop loving you.

My band hasn't played yet. We've been rehearsing.... for 6 fucking years! <_<

Only shows I've played were in the school symphonic and marching bands. As far as bad experiences, I'd have to say the time the football field was a swamp and I was back sliding and slipped on a muddy patch..... not very comfortable since I played the sousaphone. Was able to get back up within a measure without messing up the formation, but it was just so fucking gay!

The Doctor 2007-10-15 04:48

when im drunk and gigging, i tend to make jokes that arent funny, which causes the crowd to be completely silent for a few seconds.

IT SUCKS

Def 2007-10-15 05:36

No bad experiences what so ever but we had a weird moment when playing a show with a lot of local moshers that went apeshit.

Our other guitarist jumped off stage with his guitar and pulled the guitartop off the cabinet, he had his cord through the handle so the cord wouldn't come out. Smart.. He just continued playing and didn't even notice. Some guy jumped up on stage and put it back on and somehow it was still working :confused:

Playing drunk really isn't a problem. Even if you do fuck up, people barely notice. Just DON'T stand there looking at your bandmates like: 'Oh, I fucked up.'
Just ignore it, I allways count the times other bandmembers fuck up, that's the ammount of beer they owe me.

far_beyond_sane 2007-10-15 06:09

I called someone in the crowd 'the load his mother should have swallowed'.

Later, I found out my special friend was Samoan. And unhappy.

It's times like this you realise shit venues pursue some policies for a reason... like employing bigger Samoans as bouncers.

Zionist 2007-10-15 07:10

I couple of shows ago a tube blew out in my amp mid show. My last show I accidentally wacked my bass player on the side of the head with the headstock on my guitar and made it bleed a little. I have to start being mindful of my playing area.

blitz906 2007-10-15 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
how the hell do you forget your guitar!?

My dad forgot his bass once. He showed up at the gig without it. Boy was he fucking pissed. He phoned home and I had to drive it there.

I've never had a bad experience playing though. And I don't know many others who have. The only other thing that comes to mind is my friend Matt who plays bass in a local punk band. Some drunk guy reached up on stage once and unplugged his bass... Matt kicked him right in the face, broke the guys nose and knocked three teeth out.

The moral of the story : Don't fuck with peoples instruments :mad: