MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   MetalTabs - legal issues (update) (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37081)

BassBehemoth 2007-04-26 10:34

Yes, or an MT Tab torrent site. ;)

Great news nonetheless, cheers! :beer:

Hidrio 2007-04-26 11:49

Merci beaucoup.

Def 2007-04-26 11:54

suck on that nmpa capitalist :p

Soeru 2007-04-26 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Yes, or an MT Tab torrent site. ;)

Great news nonetheless, cheers! :beer:

That's a brilliant idea too, kinda hard to put up a torrent for every single tab though, cuz the torrent files would be bigger than the tabs themselves! :p There must be a way to loophole this shit...

BassBehemoth 2007-04-26 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
That's a brilliant idea too, kinda hard to put up a torrent for every single tab though, cuz the torrent files would be bigger than the tabs themselves! :p There must be a way to loophole this shit...

Yes, but perhaps a torrent per band.

FearFrost 2007-04-26 12:43

wicked news!

Fight The Power!

Dahmers Fridge 2007-04-26 15:40

You are a star Mr Nomad, thanks to your hard work and efforts we can carry on the joy of learning/playing/teaching the songs and music we love by the bands we support! Brilliant! :beer:

lacrymist 2007-04-26 17:41

haha burn in hell

nomad 2007-04-26 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
How about Watain/Marduk/...?

I have permission from Season of Mist so Watain is safe. Didn't contact Marduk yet.

Again, very soon this information will be available on the website.

IcyScythe 2007-04-26 23:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
On the 7th of April 2007 we have received a take-down notice from our ISP. NMPA lawyers contacted them claiming that the tabs on MetalTabs.com infringe upon their copyright and demanding to remove the tabs. We complied to avoid being sued.

Shortly after the tabs were taken down, we started directly contacting bands and their labels, asking for their permission to post tablature. Our attempt to legalise the tabs is very successful so far. The vast majority of bands and labels that replied gave us their permission. Many of them complimented the work we are doing and wished best of luck with the website.

In the coming weeks we will re-open MetalTabs. We will not have as many tabs as we used to have but 100% of them will be legal and the number of tabs will increase as we receive more replies from bands and labels.

Thank you for your continuing support and patience!

Heck yes.

naat 2007-04-26 23:55

Thanks Nomad

Thanks for the hard work Nomad, and hope everything turn fine.

I hope I can keep tabbing Iron Maiden and Tierra Santa, also I wanted to start tabbing Megadeth on Guitar Pro. Anyway, I wish you the best of lucks, and congrats for the website, sincerely, Metaltabs is the best tablature site on the web!

naat. :beer:

Yertle4 2007-04-27 03:24

Yes, I have great respect for this site, what it aims for and how it has gone about achieving this. Accelerating the music industry's long overdue demise is just a big plus.

TangledMortalCoil 2007-04-27 09:56

this site's an important resource.. thanks for your efforts, nomad

Theoldman 2007-04-27 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
I just thought of something, why don't you guys just set up an account-login kind of system for downloading tabs at MT? They can't prove you have tabs up for download unless they sign up for it, which should be controlled and moderated by the mods and admns here, and you could put up a disclaimer like "If you work for any association blabla you are not allowed to register".

I've seen this done on a few emulation-videogame sites with great success.

Could work. But then there would be a lot useless accounts, because they'd use it only to download tabs.

Edit: Btw, what if there is a band that has been on two or more labels? And what if the band has disbanded?

Daniil 2007-04-27 10:55

:beer: :beer:

Darkness-Of-Christ 2007-04-27 14:28

I just hope the tabs are back up soon. Metaltabs is by far the best website for accruate metal tabs. I hope the Slayer tabs won't be taken off - that would be a disaster but what can you do..........

Anyway, keep up the good work. Much appreciated.

GoreZombie 2007-04-27 22:12

Nice!

I hope that it is soon… so that there is nothing as MetalTabs is the best page of tablaturas of Brutal Death Metal. GoreGrind… :uzi: NMPA

DeathCS 2007-04-28 00:12

get the opeth tabs back up fo sho!

Keeping Brutal 2007-04-28 20:42

Good to hear, better legal than closed

Unanything 2007-04-29 06:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping Brutal
Good to hear, better legal than closed

Well, that would kinda be obvious... :D I agree, of course.