MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NMPA letter. Tabs are down. (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36913)

nomad 2007-04-09 22:10

NMPA letter. Tabs are down.

We have received a 'take down' letter from NMPA lawyers. Tabs on MetalTabs.com will not be available for download until we resolve legal issues.

Infinity 2007-04-09 22:18

Wow. This is really no good.

blizzard_beast 2007-04-09 23:17

Nomad's avatar is my reaction.

MetalThrashingMad 2007-04-09 23:24

Shitty!

AaronDonahue 2007-04-10 00:01

It's things like this and recent decisions concerning internet radio that are extremely serious and should not be taken lightly. These media giants are truly and utterly cursed in the highest way.

blizzard_beast 2007-04-10 00:01

Fuckin' Jews.

problematic 2007-04-10 00:26

This is fucking mortifying. Do NMPA laws still pertain to Australian sites? Fucking cunts. Fucking fucking cunts.

johnmansley 2007-04-10 04:58

This is shittier than King Kong's first dump of the day.

I know, why don't we stop kids from learning music altogether?

Infinity 2007-04-10 05:03

music sucks anyway. ban it!

The Doctor 2007-04-10 05:06

ah man this is complete bullshit

Cloaca 2007-04-10 05:47

What the fuck!

I'm not letting them touch Rivers Of Gore.

Unanything 2007-04-10 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Why don't we stop kids from learning music altogether?

I bow before these words.

Paddy 2007-04-10 08:07

Fuck me...I mean, FUCK me...

Nazi mothercocking cunty-fucks :mad:

How can they order you to take down tabs for bands that they clearly don't represent? I'm pretty sure Mourning Beloveth don't have a team of lawyers churning out take down orders, and I'd say that's true for 99% of the bands on this site. What business is it of theirs unless they are directly employed by specific bands or directly employed by publishing groups representing said bands? It doesn't make sense, it's as if there's a generalised onslaught against tabs regardless of who fuckin' owns 'em. In that case, they have no grounds to "order" you to do anything.

I always believed this was one site that was safe from all of this bullshit...

Arse-biscuits.

knives 2007-04-10 09:35

This is SCREWED! (to put it incredibly lightly)
I never thought metal tabs would bow to the bull of the NMPA.
Screw the NMPA.
I say we boycott them, don't buy anything they support. So that probably means buying no sheet music or any $^&% like that until they decide to put an end to this tyranny. And until that works, we need to rebel against them and keep putting tabs up on the internet. If metal tabs is going to stay down, I vote that we make our own websites on something like freehostia.com, where we put up all the tabs we can salvage.
I will be putting up tabs soon on my website, heavymusic.freehostia.com
I would advise everyone to do the same, and we can link to each others sites...

THIS IS SO SCREWED UP

By the way guys, you might be able to get some tabs still with google cache.

JOAMdude 2007-04-10 09:46

THIS IS FVCKED

ThornsOfHeaven200 2007-04-10 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy

How can they order you to take down tabs for bands that they clearly don't represent? I'm pretty sure Mourning Beloveth don't have a team of lawyers churning out take down orders, and I'd say that's true for 99% of the bands on this site. What business is it of theirs unless they are directly employed by specific bands or directly employed by publishing groups representing said bands? It doesn't make sense, it's as if there's a generalised onslaught against tabs regardless of who fuckin' owns 'em. In that case, they have no grounds to "order" you to do anything.

I always believed this was one site that was safe from all of this bullshit...

Arse-biscuits.

+1

philkilla 2007-04-10 10:21

Mother fuckers

PST 88 2007-04-10 10:30

I have a very great deal of trouble believing in the legality of these recent actions.

knives 2007-04-10 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I have a very great deal of trouble believing in the legality of these recent actions.

I do also...

Here is an interesting link about this crap.

Also, it should be of note that ultimate-guitar.com has received one of these letters, and decided to stand up to the douche bags. I think metal tabs should do the same. :flame: :uzi: :flame: :uzi: :kaioken:

Paddy 2007-04-10 11:21

I agree, it sounds like a lot of hot air to me. Most people, when they receive these threats, will shit half a brick and comply. But if you run it by someone who's knowledgeable of such matters they'll probably laugh. For instance:

http://thepiratebay.org/legal - I think MetalTabs is a hell of a lot more innocuous than a P2P website.

Ask a solicitor for advice. It's usually free, and if not it's pretty cheap just for a cursory assessment of the situation. If you have any legal fees, put a donation drive on the front page or something. You've got my cash, that's for sure.