MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vocal Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   My try... (Opeth-Style) (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36745)

Diabolius 2007-04-03 05:17

My try... (Opeth-Style)
 
Listen here, and if you like it I explain how I do it.

Vocal Sample 1

sixsicsix 2007-04-03 14:22

too many effects. didnt even hear "you"

ZRO 2007-04-03 15:01

Sounded like wispering with effects over it.

Diabolius 2007-04-03 16:02

No effects, hot water only, as I already stated on my myspace account.
Same technique like Mikael Akerfeldt. He doesn't use effects either.

sixsicsix 2007-04-03 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolius
No effects

bullshit.

Diabolius 2007-04-03 17:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
bullshit.


@ Sixsicsix: Shall I take that as a compliment or as an offense?
So what you are saying is that anyone who uses the Akerfeldt-technique to growl (including Mikael Akerfeldt himself) uses effects?
I bet he could tell you something different.

Back to topic:
Tell me whether it sounds good or not, and I'll post some quotes from Akerfeldt where he explains how he does those growls without effects.
If you think the sample doesn't sound good, stay at your own technique.

F1R3W0LF 2007-04-03 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
bullshit.


I agree. Because human voices can't emit static like that. Way too many effects. (Unless you just re-recorded yourself over a few times making the most annoying noises possible.)

crustcorestenchhead9 2007-04-03 19:03

i dunno maybe he has a shitty mic. if your too loud in bad mics they make a bunch of static...

sixsicsix 2007-04-03 23:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolius
@ Sixsicsix: Shall I take that as a compliment or as an offense?
So what you are saying is that anyone who uses the Akerfeldt-technique to growl (including Mikael Akerfeldt himself) uses effects?
I bet he could tell you something different.

Back to topic:
Tell me whether it sounds good or not, and I'll post some quotes from Akerfeldt where he explains how he does those growls without effects.
If you think the sample doesn't sound good, stay at your own technique.

I was referring to the static reverb thing... call it what you want, but its an effect.

Pr0az 2007-04-03 23:45

humm your screaming like the dude from LOG so i doubt your using a effects but damn wuts up with like that static shit up in the air around your voice? Cheap Mic? Fucked up sound room?

Cassius 2007-04-04 00:09

There's no way you're not using effects and getting that static reverb. If you can truly make that noise naturally, then I will fly to where ever you live and blow you right fuckin' now.

Infinity 2007-04-04 04:12

A or B or both. Take your pick.

A) Effects are in place such as distortion on the vocals, they have also EQ'd out the low frequencies and up the highs in the vocals.

B) He is using an extraordinarily SHIT MICROPHONE. [Although even then it would pick up the lower frequencies unless it's a phone receiver :rolleyes:]

So, I'm sorry, you're full of bullshit.

Diabolius 2007-04-04 06:11

I read through this and some threads in this forum and I came to the conclusion: I've never seen a forum with so much flaming, rudeness and anti-social behaviour before.

You guys really should get banned for insulting people and assuming things that you don't even have a frigging idea of.

I offered you to post a link to an interview where Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) explains how to form your throat and mouth to get a distorted sound. But after this behaviour you can just go to hell.

Infinity 2007-04-04 06:19

Actually man, I know HEAPS about production, and I'm sorry, your vocals are either under produced, you're using a fucken mobile phone to record the tracks, or you are eq'ing/distorting your voice. So pull your fucken head out of you arsepipe because you aint foolin anyone but yourself.

Diabolius 2007-04-04 06:50

Go suck a muslim!

(Seems like insults are common speech in this forum)

Infinity 2007-04-04 07:13

this forum wins and you lose.

ZRO 2007-04-04 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolius
I read through this and some threads in this forum and I came to the conclusion: I've never seen a forum with so much flaming, rudeness and anti-social behaviour before.

You guys really should get banned for insulting people and assuming things that you don't even have a frigging idea of.

I offered you to post a link to an interview where Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) explains how to form your throat and mouth to get a distorted sound. But after this behaviour you can just go to hell.


I know a forum that is worse than this.

sixsicsix 2007-04-04 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
I know a forum that is worse than this.

*golf clap
Infinity smashed you diabolus. Chances are, most people know what they're talking about when it comes to production on this forum. And you're right, This is a pretty brutal forum, its based on FUCKING METAL. If you want a bunch of people to suck your cock and tell you mommy will always love you then you need to go to the anime fan forums.

Diabolius 2007-04-04 19:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
*golf clap
Infinity smashed you diabolus. Chances are, most people know what they're talking about when it comes to production on this forum. And you're right, This is a pretty brutal forum, its based on FUCKING METAL. If you want a bunch of people to suck your cock and tell you mommy will always love you then you need to go to the anime fan forums.


Fine, that even real-life-noobs like you admit, that this is a playground for increasing flaming-skills.
Actually I think it's quite fun, but no one can ever expect an objective response to a simple question here. It's like playing Counter Strike and having childish "Cheater"-screaming kiddies around.
So try to find some friends, and get your sorry asses out of your computer seats. Maybe one day, you can live without having to compensate your ego in certain forums.

F1R3W0LF 2007-04-04 19:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolius
I read through this and some threads in this forum and I came to the conclusion: I've never seen a forum with so much flaming, rudeness and anti-social behaviour before.

You guys really should get banned for insulting people and assuming things that you don't even have a frigging idea of.

I offered you to post a link to an interview where Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) explains how to form your throat and mouth to get a distorted sound. But after this behaviour you can just go to hell.


The Opeth dude doesn't have static over his voice. Dumbass. (The song is kinda catchy, I will admit.)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:06.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.