MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Neo-classical death metal (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35727)

Beowulf44 2007-02-11 19:53

Neo-classical death metal

I know that alot of people here don't particular care for bands like Necrophagist, but I really dig em. Are there any other death metal bands that use that neo-classical guitar technique that people could recommend to me? I prefer death metal but I enjoy any kind, even 80s stuff like Racer X and Cacophany =P

In_Flames 2007-02-12 18:03

Early Children Of Bodom, perhaps.

drawn&quartered 2007-02-12 19:46

I always considered necrophagist more tech death ;)

Infinity 2007-02-12 20:00

neoclassical sucks

7-string warlord 2007-02-12 20:23

Therion?......maybe

Requiem 2007-02-12 20:33

Dark moor is neocalassic power metal

Chris Rezendes 2007-02-12 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf44
I know that alot of people here don't particular care for bands like Necrophagist, but I really dig em. Are there any other death metal bands that use that neo-classical guitar technique that people could recommend to me? I prefer death metal but I enjoy any kind, even 80s stuff like Racer X and Cacophany =P

Have you heard Emperor's last two albums? They go beyond classically influenced scales. It's full of orchestral wizardry and classically styled songs. Absolutely brilliant work that never fails to frizzle my nut hairs.

Vittu0666 2007-04-12 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
neoclassical sucks

Wow...That's definitely odd. I take it you're not into technical bands?

So anyways, here's some really cool melodic bands:
Imperanon
Kalmah
Wintersun

problematic 2007-04-12 22:39

Spawn Of Possession.

Bryssling is reportedly classically trained and whatnot, I guess so.

Infinity 2007-04-12 23:37

Could this be the most boring genre to grace metal? Tune in next time for the answer...

ImBored 2007-04-13 04:20

it can be very cliche.

Deadborn have their moments.

I cant really think of too many bands like this; I probably forgot most of them if I ever knew any at all.

edit; just listen to decent power metal bro

aka Rhapsody.

davie_gravy 2007-04-13 09:21

If you enjoy the likes of Necrophagist, check out Decapitated!

Infinity 2007-04-13 10:24

Decapitated are really nothing like Necro.

Inaphyt 2007-04-13 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Could this be the most boring genre to grace metal? Tune in next time for the answer...

Let us hear your bands of choice so we can laugh at you, thank you!

Soeru 2007-04-13 11:26

Yeah Decapitated share little to nothing in common with Necro. Decapitated's first 2 full lengths are pretty friggin technical though, and Vogg does resort to harmonic minor stuff in his solos a lot.

+1 on Spawn of Possession. Fucking wacky technical shit with heavy classical influence at times, but they claim they don't really apply any classical theory to their music apparently.

Children of Bodom are not even remotely related to death metal.

Oh and if you want extremely neoclassical-influenced death metal, Arsis is the most accurate depiction of it. Technical death metal with 80's shred, thrash and black metal influence

Infinity 2007-04-13 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaphyt
Let us hear your bands of choice so we can laugh at you, thank you!

Why? Why do you want to laugh at my bands? Will it make you feel better? You have proven more than once you are a fucking idiot and noone on this forum likes you.

Inaphyt 2007-04-14 00:17

Oh no people i don't know and will never meet don't like me isn't that a shame.

If you don't like "neo classical" or "tech" at least write something constructive

Imo Necrophagist are pretty good but despite every song being different, it does tend to get repetitive in terms of writing style.

Some bands like Necrophagist are Without passion, from a second story window and i dno maybe anomalous? Emphasis on the word "like" as no band has cloned necrophagist (yet)

Also infinity "neo classical" is nowhere near as boring as 99% of black metal bands 99% of death metal bands 99% of grind bands, that are all clones of each other and never try anything new, you should be thankful that some bands are actually experimenting and sticking out from the crowd and if you don't like it you can go back to your music that has countless clones and is nothing special.

Infinity 2007-04-14 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaphyt
Oh no people i don't know and will never meet don't like me isn't that a shame.

If you don't like "neo classical" or "tech" at least write something constructive

Imo Necrophagist are pretty good but despite every song being different, it does tend to get repetitive in terms of writing style.

Some bands like Necrophagist are Without passion, from a second story window and i dno maybe anomalous? Emphasis on the word "like" as no band has cloned necrophagist (yet)

Also infinity "neo classical" is nowhere near as boring as 99% of black metal bands 99% of death metal bands 99% of grind bands, that are all clones of each other and never try anything new, you should be thankful that some bands are actually experimenting and sticking out from the crowd and if you don't like it you can go back to your music that has countless clones and is nothing special.

*sigh* Why must idiots constantly confound me?

So you saying that idiots you will never meet not caring about you, does not affect you. Although, when the same idiots that you will never meet say that neoclassical is a boring, boxed in and limited genre, you take offense and come up with some a retarded statement like "Ok list your bands so we can laugh at them." You are one dumb cunt.

Oh, and yeah, I see how your logic works with neoclassical bands being sooo unique and NOT boring in sound! Yes, lets restrict ourselves by calling ourselves a neoclassical death metal band! Lets release albums of nothing but neoclassical death metal from start to finish! Thats so much more original than any death metal band could do. I mean, a death metal band can take any influence from any outide source, black, grind, jazz, doom, stoner, and they can do that all on the one album, but fuck that, that's old and boring! Lets do NEOCLASSICAL death metal every cd without evolution.

Yes you are 100%, every neoclassical death metal band that plays the same boring neoclassical shit is so much more interesting and unique than any other metal genre ever. You are an evil genius.

CannibalXampire 2007-04-14 00:43

You're all fucking faggots. This is why I listen to ska.

Sycophant 2007-04-14 01:42

Gorod, some Cryptopsy (parts of "Crown Of Horns", "Phobophile", "Serial Messiah").
Arsis, Byatis, Agiel, Wormed (I think.) Banisher (from Poland).
There's hundreds more that I can't think of now.

BTW Decapitated has some definite neo-classicisms thrown about, especially on their first album & masterpiece IMO "Winds Of Creation". Just listen to "Nine Steps", the solo is the most blatant example.