MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Linux VS Windows VS Mac (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35654)

Requiem 2007-02-09 14:13

Linux VS Windows VS Mac

Only vote if you have tried more than one of the operating systems. Tell me which you think is better.

After trying them all, I find Linux to be the best for my personal uses.

xgrafcorex 2007-02-09 14:18

i've used some of each..but for me, windows is the best. i pretty much just check out webpages or play video games on my computer..mess around with photoshop a bit too. if i had some other more involved needs from my os..i guess i would swich to some form of linux. if i got heavy into graphic design, i would consider a mac..but those are both ifs that are not realities, so i'm sticking with windows.

Tattered 2007-02-09 15:06

I cant get on with mac's, i havent tried Linux, windows works fine for me..

4d5e6f 2007-02-09 15:12

A few months ago I tried out Linux. It couldn't do anything that I couldn't do on Windows, and the only way to play games was on Windows, so I stopped using Linux.

Blood Red Bass 2007-02-09 15:19

I think the mac commercials speak for themselves. All of you are fat, four-eyed nerds who want to be like us mac users. :D

OS X is way more stable of a system than XP. And if you want to argue with me, please don't use the fact that all games are made for PCs. It would be like arguing with me about automobiles and using the lack of a hydrolic system in my car as one of your major points. Have no interest. :)

Requiem 2007-02-09 15:25

Mac OS X is amazing, I would chose that over windows and maybe even Linux anyday. But I'm not buying a new computer any time in the future. Buying an Apple is the only way to run Mac effiecently, right?

Blood Red Bass 2007-02-09 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Mac OS X is amazing, I would chose that over windows and maybe even Linux anyday. But I'm not buying a new computer any time in the future. Buying an Apple is the only way to run Mac effiecently, right?

I'm not too sure, but I don't think so. I know I have the option to run XP on here if I wanted, but I don't think it's the other way around.

davie_gravy 2007-02-09 16:24

I prefer Windows because it's more widely supported. Linux is secure but a bitch to configure. I'm not a good enough hacker to be running *nix. Unix by far is the most stable OS ever created. Mac OS is pimp as hell but not much support from 3rd party software vendors.

tmfreak 2007-02-09 18:53

I use Mac osx every single day. I voted for Windows.

autumncurve 2007-02-09 19:04

i'm a recent convert to mac. mac all the way! :D

Infinity 2007-02-09 21:21

linux sucks. macos is the most solid, too bads about the compatability issue between windows and mac. mac much better for media.

Pr0az 2007-02-10 00:38

[QUOTE=Infinity]linux sucks.QUOTE]
If i knew you in real life i would laugh at your statement, then punch you in the head.

All are great in various ways i see no point in this thread. Especially considering the maker is a minge fluffer.

Infinity 2007-02-10 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
[QUOTE=Infinity]linux sucks.QUOTE]
If i knew you in real life i would laugh at your statement, then punch you in the head.

All are great in various ways i see no point in this thread. Especially considering the maker is a minge fluffer.

noone cares about you

Dyvim Tvar 2007-02-10 21:45

Windows is just the easiest to get along with for me, I've ued mac at college and it generally ended up with me being ejected from the computer room for swearing loudly.

Infinity 2007-02-10 21:46

hahaha

autumncurve 2007-02-10 22:01

i found mac does everything i do on the PC better, easier and without so much rubbish popping up on the screen. :)

Pr0az 2007-02-10 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
[QUOTE=Pr0az]

noone cares about you

Damn, and i thought my life was bad already. Now i find out no one cares for me on the internet :bawling: .

Dyvim Tvar 2007-02-10 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumncurve
i found mac does everything i do on the PC better, easier and without so much rubbish popping up on the screen. :)

I guess I'm set in my ways now really, though i'd like to check out Linux sometime.

the_bleeding 2007-02-11 01:10

Linux is known as the great incompatible poop chute.

its funny though, because both windows and max run linus under them so they can have something to fall onto when they crash. Prevents your computer from losing EVERYTHING... you just lose most of evrything now... :p

windows > mac for everything except for random artsy wanker things like photo/video/audio editing. :D

xgrafcorex 2007-02-11 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
windows > mac for everything except for random artsy wanker things like photo/video/audio editing. :D

that would be me..yet i still like windows more. i guess i am more used to windows..but my computer runs fine having ps and ill open along with plenty of other programs...so i see no benefit in having a mac.