MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Guitar Pro 3 (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3519)

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-10-12 05:54

Guitar Pro 3
 
I've noticed a lot of you have guitar pro 3, so why not submit some GP3 files to the site, i know theres Mysongbook.com, but that doesn't have EVERYTHING, its just a suggestion, if you dont like it close it, simple

warnerve92 2002-10-14 21:17

sounds like a sweet idea to me too bro

Machinegunman 2002-10-15 12:32

power tab are better;)

Freezer666 2002-10-15 13:14

machinegunman, it depends
guitarpro3 overall is easier to use etc, and has a few features powertab is missing

and the other way around too..powertab has a few nice features gp3 doesnt have

when gp4 is released itll probably be better than PT though:)

both have their use really

nomad 2002-10-15 15:46

Re: Guitar Pro 3
 
Quote:
Originally posted by CtHuLhU DaWn
I've noticed a lot of you have guitar pro 3, so why not submit some GP3 files to the site, i know theres Mysongbook.com, but that doesn't have EVERYTHING, its just a suggestion, if you dont like it close it, simple
that's a good idea but it will require to revamp the website to support gp3 and/or pt formats... may be i will do this, but definitely not in this year (too bad there're only 24h in a day :bawling: )

cheers! :beer: :sleeping:

Machinegunman 2002-10-15 17:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Freezer666
machinegunman, it depends
guitarpro3 overall is easier to use etc, and has a few features powertab is missing

and the other way around too..powertab has a few nice features gp3 doesnt have

when gp4 is released itll probably be better than PT though:)

both have their use really


but there will be a power tab v.2 with similar features, so ... gp is cool though:beer:

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-10-15 18:15

Re: Re: Guitar Pro 3
 
Quote:
Originally posted by nomad
that's a good idea but it will require to revamp the website to support gp3 and/or pt formats... may be i will do this, but definitely not in this year (too bad there're only 24h in a day :bawling: )

cheers! :beer: :sleeping:


dude, my thought was it was just a "right click" "save target as" thing

warnerve92 2002-10-16 07:54

1 Attachment(s)
Woulndt this work? Then just change the .txt to .gp3.

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-10-16 09:57

No, the reason i say this is, with GP3 you can HEAR the tab, so even if you dont have the song you can play it, i can easily find the tabs i want in .txt, but the whole i dea is to get GP3 files on the go, so we can hear the songs

Freezer666 2002-10-16 10:04

and can choose to play the song at 25% speed if youre not good enough to play it at full speed...
the most useful feature in gp3 really:)
i always use it cause im not good enough to play erm any songs at full speed:p

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-10-16 10:15

Yeah, nomad it doesnlt require a "re-vamp"

Just when you click "tab 1" or something
Have

"Tab 1: GP3" or something

Keep all the .txt tabs, Just add the GP3 stuff with a Right click/Save target as

nomad 2002-10-16 14:35

i'm afraid it does require revamping... i will need to change the database schema to support non-textual files, and update a few php scripts...

i'll do this, just gimme some time (a lot of it!! :p )

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-10-17 12:16

Holy fuck, this sites run of a Data Base, Jesus dude.
And php is a cunt :D

I thought you just linked to them, Hmm, in which case take all the time ya need dude, but it will happen yar?

warnerve92 2002-10-18 03:07

Quote:
Originally posted by CtHuLhU DaWn
No, the reason i say this is, with GP3 you can HEAR the tab, so even if you dont have the song you can play it, i can easily find the tabs i want in .txt, but the whole i dea is to get GP3 files on the go, so we can hear the songs

Dude my idea fucking works! The file I posted isnt REALLY a text file, I changed the prefix of a .gp3 file so i could post it. Try it if you dont believe me! download the file and then change the .txt into .gp3 and it WILL work!!:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.