MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Peavey basses (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35087)

SolothurN 2007-01-15 09:40

Peavey basses

Yo.

Some time ago I was reading one thread and I saw someone saying that Peavey Grind (and Cirrus too) bass is easy to play fast on. What did he mean by that? I wanted to know, cause I don't know so much about equipement and I was thinking about new bass. Also, if you know other basses that are 'easy to play fast' or whatever post their names here.

P.S. I'm asking about 'fast' ones, because I would need one like that and I play much death metal and fast stuff

sixsicsix 2007-01-15 10:17

okay, the grind bass is supposedly faster because of the way the body is carved just below the neck.
and its only faster for people who play with a pick.
good strings+good action+smoothe neck+ PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE = fast bass, there are no shortcuts

Tattered 2007-01-15 10:19

Most likely.. he ment that the neck is comfortable and easy to play on.. i havent played on many peavey basses, but the high-end ones do sound quite nice.

SolothurN 2007-01-15 10:48

aight. So, what bass would you recommend for playing death metal using fingerstyle? Maybe there are any certain guitars which would be good for that?

aFarewelltoKings 2007-01-15 10:55

What SixSicSix said was mostly right,Some basses are typically faster than others even within the same brand and model.How much money are u looking to spend?

Cassius 2007-01-15 22:51

Practice, there are no shortcuts. Play as much as you, play until you can't feel your fingers anymore.
As far as the Grind bass..I play a Grind 6, its comfortable, and I'm use to it, so I can play fast on it.

SolothurN 2007-01-16 09:04

aFarewelltoKings: in my case asking me about money has no point. here where I live prices are different and sometimes even weird according to US. ie Peavey Grind bass is somewhere close to my funds, but some guitars that are cheaper in US are more expensive here. So i guess just gimme your ideas, but you know, nothing for 1000$ or something :D

Oh, and I'm looking for 4 strings :)

Cassius 2007-01-16 13:21

Get a Peavey Cirrus bass.

SolothurN 2007-01-16 14:11

what exactly in Cirrus is better than in Grind one?

and do you have any other propositions?

sixsicsix 2007-01-16 18:20

cirrus has better wood, pickups, electronics, hardware, tuss rods, prettier, last a HELL of alot longer, sound better, and I believe theyre hand crafted but I could be wrong.

Cassius 2007-01-16 21:06

And they are a LOT lighter. It's just an all around better bass.

Valtiel 2007-01-16 22:04

Well not always, Cirrus' basses can be made out of any number of different woods, meaning their weight can very greatly. And when it comes to bass, lighter does not equal better. Typically you want a bass to have more weight to it.

SolothurN 2007-01-17 06:01

Ok. Now, what is the difference between Peavey Cirrus BXP and normal Peavey Cirrus?

sixsicsix 2007-01-17 16:27

Can you read?
yes?
go look for yourself, goddamn!

blitz906 2007-03-04 18:06

Cheap Peavey instruments are shit, the expensive ones are alright though.
And don't even get me started on Peavey amps :mad:

sixsicsix 2007-03-04 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
And don't even get me started on Peavey amps :mad:

+1 fuck that shit.
Go with a fender combo if your poor.

blitz906 2007-03-05 04:24

Yeah...the Fender bass amps aren't all that bad. Just be sure to stay away from Peavey and Behringer, both are shit. Hartke isn't all that good either IMO. But whatever, each to their own.

aFarewelltoKings 2007-04-05 19:20

Talking shit about Peaveys and Hartkes? Like the Peavey Basses and Hartke bass amps? You guys a fucking nuts,the clarity of hartke aluminum cones is unmatched(cept mesa) and peaveys are the best bang for the buck basses out there.

sixsicsix 2007-04-05 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings
Talking shit about Peaveys and Hartkes? Like the Peavey Basses and Hartke bass amps? You guys a fucking nuts,the clarity of hartke aluminum cones is unmatched(cept mesa) and peaveys are the best bang for the buck basses out there.

besides fenders and almost everything besides esp's?
I really don't care for hartke amps, personally I'd say they're as clear as mud.

SolothurN 2007-04-06 07:52

yeah, and what about Peaveys made in Asia? Anyone got/played on one? I'm asking that cause these are only ones I can get here (Europe) and as far as i know there is a big price difference between those Asian and USA made. What about sound and such? Is there big difference too or are they close with those?