MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear & Recording (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Seymour Duncan Livewire METAL Humbuckers (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34578)

the_bleeding 2006-12-22 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by underaserpentsun
Heres what a seymour duncan tech guy said about them.

Hi Jason,
It looks like you have two bridge models. But they can still be used in
the same guitar.
Production codes can vary, but it’s safe to say they’re both bridge models.
Live Wires whether used alone or in a pair require 18volts. Also, the values of potentiometers they require are different (100K for ours and 25K for EMG).

So I think I will keep one, sell the other, and try to find an EMG60 for my neck position. Will that be a bitch to wire up because of the difference in voltage and pots required for the two pickups?


it wont be a bitch, it will just sound like shite. For pickups, high impedance pots = more output, and more trebel. So, with 100k pots, the duncans will sound normal, and the emg will fucking scream, and be a bitch to get anything clean out of. If you use 25k pots, the duncan will sound like shit, it will lose alot of trebel definition. This only applies if you use mastervolume/tone, if it has 2xvol 2xtone, then each pcikup can be matched to its respective impedances.

IF you're at 1xvol and 1xtone, i would say rip out the tone and turn it into another volume knob... but thats because i dont use tone knobs anyway...

And please dont put actives into an LP, its a waste of an LP :p

underaserpentsun 2006-12-22 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
IF you're at 1xvol and 1xtone, i would say rip out the tone and turn it into another volume knob... but thats because i dont use tone knobs anyway...


Good idea I think I'll try and do this. Right now my soloist has an inactive tone knob and I don't care. I guess the previous owner bypassed it.

rapeandruin 2006-12-24 03:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Dave Mustaine....

dave uses/used jb/jazz last i heard. awesome stuff

the_bleeding 2006-12-24 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
dave uses/used jb/jazz last i heard. awesome stuff


He switched from the jb/jazz to Dave mustaine signature livewire pickups, NOT the livewire METAL set.

rapeandruin 2006-12-24 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
He switched from the jb/jazz to Dave mustaine signature livewire pickups, NOT the livewire METAL set.

oh ...i remember reading about his jb/jazz set up which is why i bought a jb for my jackson...oh well i love my jb another cool pickup is the quadrails by kramer...

the_bleeding 2006-12-24 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
oh ...i remember reading about his jb/jazz set up which is why i bought a jb for my jackson...oh well i love my jb another cool pickup is the quadrails by kramer...

dont worry... he only made the switch in the last 2 yeras... so jb will get all of his older tones.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.