MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34460)

Infinity 2006-12-13 19:34

:birthday:

Infinity 2006-12-13 19:41

Oh ok, now that I read the thread, seems like everyone contributing lyrics from Death, so here's one of the less talked about songs [on Metaltabs anyway] that's one of my fav's.

From above and around,
observations are collected
Knowledge is taken in by curious life forms
That may bring hope from beyond
Beneath the giver of life, our sun
An examination of another kind is done

A view from those who stood high
And breathing the sky
An opinion from below and from above

Some were decided, some were not
A few looked away, but none forgot

Misanthrope
Hater of all mankind
There is some hope
For those who own their mind
They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous

Stay where you are, don't get consumed
By what they created from sheer neglet
In denial of years and years of
shattered souls
That were lost to the power of
Fragile, frightful minds

A view from those who stood high
And breathing the sky
An opinion from below and from above

Some were decided, some were not
A few looked away, but none forgot.

ThornsOfHeaven200 2006-12-13 22:18

I went through all of Death's discopgraphy today. Man, I really love them. Too bad Chuck's not around anymore. Like someone in this thread already said, hes one of metal's greatest losts along with Dime IMO. What a shame...

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
Support music, not rumors!

MeTal 805 2006-12-13 22:24

RIP

and "Let the Metal Flow"

tmfreak 2006-12-13 22:31

I don't know why i haven't thought of listening to death today. I shall begin now!

7-string warlord 2006-12-13 23:00

I know this will make me sound like a pretty big loser, but I just got into death. Awhile back i bought a dvd with scavenger of human sorrow, and i was pretty excited about them. Then I got The sound of perseverence last weekend. I'm really greatful Chuck was around to create such amazingly inspiring lyrics and riffs, he has in the last week completely obliterrated my old methods of writing music.

tmfreak 2006-12-13 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
I know this will make me sound like a pretty big loser, but I just got into death. Awhile back i bought a dvd with scavenger of human sorrow, and i was pretty excited about them. Then I got The sound of perseverence last weekend. I'm really greatful Chuck was around to create such amazingly inspiring lyrics and riffs, he has in the last week completely obliterrated my old methods of writing music.

And the amazing thing about your case is exactly what Chuck has done even in his death. He continues to inspire and awe new people everyday.

travI56669 2006-12-14 01:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycophant
who was metal 100% of the way and yet defied the trappings and conventions of what a 'metalhead' was supposed to be.

True that. One reason I like him so much. I'll definatly jam some Death the next few days. I remember the first time I heard Death, it was the Philospher video and I was fucking blown away!
:eek:

R.I.P.

Dyldo 2006-12-14 01:51

Ah, Chuck.

I might put some Death on right now, but I find it hard to have it playing while trying to study because I keep having to stop to play air-guitar. Meeh, what the hell!

Sure his music is great, but he was a babe too

powersofterror 2006-12-14 02:00

Hahaha, darko. He always talked and posed like a faggot, and I think it's hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I don't know why i haven't thought of listening to death today. I shall begin now!

:pwhat a douche....

powersofterror 2006-12-14 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
PAH you stole mine!
A story to tell by Death is the shit beyond shits. One day i'll actually finally finish ear tabbing that 1st solo.

It's very easy, I can do both solos of that song.:lhdevil:

tmfreak 2006-12-14 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
It's very easy, I can do both solos of that song.:lhdevil:

Well please enlighten me. I've been trying to figure it out for like 5 years haha. Not straight obviously. I have a few key notes but thats about it.

powersofterror 2006-12-14 13:39

I'll see what I can do in g pro 4.

The main thing is to tell you that I improvize parts of chuck's solo, like the lick going down after the initial eighth note run. It's all just random notes downward of the same harmonic minor scale.

Hidrio 2006-12-14 18:55

R.I.P. Charles :(

tmfreak 2006-12-14 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I'll see what I can do in g pro 4.

The main thing is to tell you that I improvize parts of chuck's solo, like the lick going down after the initial eighth note run. It's all just random notes downward of the same harmonic minor scale.

I can believe that, and i definately feel that. Hey i write solos too, unless its something individual i do quite a bit of improv, especially the faster you get.

powersofterror 2007-01-04 10:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrU7KRbbrM

Next best thing....I don't feel like writing out improvised shreds so you can just watch me play them with my new fucking digital camera.:lhdevil:
As you can see, the only parts I really improvised were those two fast runs in chuck's solo. Hahaha, notice...in the first one, at 1:02-1:05 I'm not even looking at my guitar when I do it.