MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tenacious D (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33890)

basstendencies 2006-11-15 15:59

Tenacious D

does anybody else find this shit hilarious? my apologies if this belongs in the bands forum, i was torn.

Blood Red Bass 2006-11-15 16:34

Don't think so, it is a movie.

moe_blunts 2006-11-15 16:44

jack black is one of my favorite human beings....ever. i've got the first cd memorized, and bought the dvd of all the HBO episodes....

can't wait to see the movie.

Transient 2006-11-15 17:33

i hate jack black more than i hate tom hanks and thats saying something. the other fat bald guy is depression in human form

Requiem 2006-11-15 17:41

jack black is okay not my favorite

sqol 2006-11-15 17:52

Tenacious D.... Tenacious Rubbish if you ask me!

Blood Red Bass 2006-11-15 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
i hate jack black more than i hate tom hanks and thats saying something. the other fat bald guy is depression in human form
Geeze, I'm not a fanboy like moeblunts but I don't know why you would feel that negative about him.:confused:

BassBehemoth 2006-11-15 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient

I'm not a fan of Jack Black...but how can you hate Tom Hanks? Seriously, he's a godsend.

Except I fucking hated "The Terminal"..I saw that bullshit in theatres. :mad:

timedragon 2006-11-15 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth

HAHA! same!

I think Jack Black is badass, but i have no interest in Tenacious D, i hate joke/funny "music"... i just dont think music should be a joke. at all.

Ten Ton Alien 2006-11-15 20:01

Jack Black has got to be the most unfunny, annoying human alive today.

Transient 2006-11-15 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
Jack Black has got to be the most unfunny, annoying human alive today.

EU AMO-TE

L,B'XXX 2006-11-15 21:36

I think it's hilarious that the people my age calling to win stuff on the morning news coffee quiz are getting ticket s to this movie. They really sound like they'd be interested in seeing it. Now if I was called I'd probably be cool about it, but I'm not registered for it.

wally and his buddy did every single thing they played along with TD when they played it between bands at the Satriani concert a few years ago. I was dying. :D

tmfreak 2006-11-15 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'm not a fan of Jack Black...but how can you hate Tom Hanks? Seriously, he's a godsend.

That movie rocked you ass. That shit actually happened somewhat recently too haha. I think it was in europe maybe africa i can't remember. but there was like this african guy who was stuck at the airport for similar reasons. He didn't stay there nearly as long as tom hanks did but long enough.

BassBehemoth 2006-11-15 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
That movie rocked you ass. That shit actually happened somewhat recently too haha. I think it was in europe maybe africa i can't remember. but there was like this african guy who was stuck at the airport for similar reasons. He didn't stay there nearly as long as tom hanks did but long enough.

I liked the concept...but the love story was horrible and predictable.

xgrafcorex 2006-11-15 22:26

honestly i wasn't a fan of jack black at all but i actually sat down and watched some dvds over at steves house and it was pretty funny. he is in some movies that i have no interest in seeing, and i can see what people are getting at. the stuff i watched had me laughing pretty hard. though i was drinking and smoking..which usually helps haha.

Arsenal_420 2006-11-15 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
HAHA! same!

I think Jack Black is badass, but i have no interest in Tenacious D, i hate joke/funny "music"... i just dont think music should be a joke. at all.

i agree, jack black is a funny dude, but his music is pathetic... :rolleyes:

The Doctor 2006-11-16 03:12

tenacious d is the probably the second best band in the world. solid music, hilariouss lyrics and Jables is an amazing vocalist (no denying here guys). I also have the DVD which is awesome, and i preordered the soundtrack to the ick of destiny

Cunty Shunt 2006-11-16 03:16

They try way too hard. I don't find them funny.

brainsforbreakfast 2006-11-16 06:40

I'm not a fan, but there is some good songwriting and humour in that band.
I don't like Jack Black as an actor though..

L,B'XXX 2006-11-16 07:24

I don't like funny songs either. They piss me off. There's no room for them in the world of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (<---sarcasm)

Another reason why I like here as opposed to other lyric forums. A rule against fun lyrics is a BIG BLACK MARK in my book.