MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   melodic death (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3387)

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-28 13:54

melodic death

im looking for more melodic death metal bands like in flames, dark tranquility, arch enemy, and soilwork. any suggestions?

no bands that have low growlers please........screaming like the bands mentioned above is good........

slayme_returns 2002-09-28 13:57

try Unearth.

memnoch 2002-09-28 16:17

Enter My Silence. That's the best i can do.

They do have somewhat of a growler, but nothing worse than In Flames.

Midnight 2002-09-28 18:44

Beyond the Embrace, NonExist, Callenish Circle, Carnal Forge, Newer Crowbar (kinda) Anything after Sammy joined, Some new Kreator, Gardenian, some Hypocrisy, Overkill (kinda), Poison The Well (kinda), Shadows Fall, Skinlab, Soilwork.. I know some of these guys are more thrashy.. But I think they kind of cross the line between Trash/Melodic Death sometimes.. That's my opinion anyways..

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-28 19:43

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight
Beyond the Embrace, NonExist, Callenish Circle, Carnal Forge, Newer Crowbar (kinda) Anything after Sammy joined, Some new Kreator, Gardenian, some Hypocrisy, Overkill (kinda), Poison The Well (kinda), Shadows Fall, Skinlab, Soilwork.. I know some of these guys are more thrashy.. But I think they kind of cross the line between Trash/Melodic Death sometimes.. That's my opinion anyways..

shadows fall ruins their band with that really bad growler. they should just use the guy that sings clean. the song "the first noble truth" has a catchy chorus, but its ruined by that growler saying "hey! hey !" or whatever,

everlost23 2002-09-28 20:06

hmm... where to start
Enter My Silence (fucking great!)
Callenish Circle
Dimension Zero
Armageddon
In thy Dreams
Auberon
Beyond The Embrace (fucking great!)
Gardenian
Without Grief
Gates of Ishtar
At the Gates
Julie Laughs no more
Ablaze my Sorrow
Eucharist
Solar dawn
etc.
etc.

Darkenelf 2002-09-29 01:00

re

Add
Skymning
Unanimated
Aura
Imperial Domain
Mental Home
Embraced

to that list!!

morbid_death 2002-09-29 04:57

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
Enter My Silence. That's the best i can do.

They do have somewhat of a growler, but nothing worse than In Flames.

ya, Enter My Silence are fucking awsome.

also my turn to add;

how about At the Gates?

and possibly Soul Embraced?

A Drowning Mind 2002-09-29 09:07

you should check out:

construcdead.

still kinda unpopular, swedish melodic death / trash, a bit like soilwork / in flames... quite heavy..

darkest hour is another band worth checking out

desultory is kinda melodic, too (check out left behind)

diabolical (could be that you dislike the vocalist a bit)

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-09-29 10:38

No-ones mentioed Children of bodom?
FUCK YOU ALL!

mrweijia 2002-09-29 12:16

CoB is good. maybe Kalmah?

Midnight 2002-09-29 12:26

What are you talking about? I agree CoB is good.. but they're Black Metal with more of a power metal feel..

DerMeister 2002-09-29 14:57

Yes, Children of Bodom are like black meets death. And Kalmah too, but they are both great. Also try Norther, if you want another band that sounds excactly like CoB. Their version of Final Countdown is......entertaining....

everlost23 2002-09-29 19:18

If you want the ultimate black metal band check out SUIDAKRA. far from your typical black metal band, no annoying blast beats, plenty of fantastic melodies, a lot of folk influence. They a FUCKING GREAT!! go here HTTP://WWW.SUIDAKRA.INFO
its well worth it!

Dyldo 2002-09-29 19:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight

dear lord most of those bands are hardcore, i mean posion the well? what the hell, no affense but learn your genre of music. and i dont think anyone mentioned arch enemy.

everlost23 2002-09-29 19:57

Actually, Gigantic Penis mentioned it in the very first post of the thread.:D

Dyldo 2002-09-29 20:47

oops must of skipped it, anywho great band but opeth and darktranquillity are just the gods of melodic death metal.

Midnight 2002-09-29 21:19

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko
dear lord most of those bands are hardcore, i mean posion the well? what the hell, no affense but learn your genre of music. and i dont think anyone mentioned arch enemy.

Yeah no shit.. I knew what they were when I typed them.. I thought he might like them.. they tend to have a melodic type sound to them in some songs.. That's why I put the kinda.. I even mentioned the bands were more "thrashy" look before you stick your dick on the railroad tracks

Dyldo 2002-09-30 00:57

He asked for melodic death metal. Not fucking hardcore bands, which 70% are just pure hardcore. and im sorry but i hate hardcore.

actually im not sorry hardcore can suck a fuck.

SandBlastedSkin 2002-09-30 01:08

......At The Gates......The Haunted