MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Melodic Death Metal (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33757)

ZRO 2006-11-09 09:27

Melodic Death Metal
 
Its kewleo yo.

Arch Enemy
The Absence
At The Gates
In Flames

etc..

Ten Ton Alien 2006-11-09 10:22

ummmm... what.... is it morning already? :confused:

Carl 2006-11-09 10:35

The Duskfall
Amon Amarth
Carcass Heartwork and Swansong

CompelledToLacerate 2006-11-09 12:51

I was just listening to Dark Tranquility's "Exposures; In Retrospect and Denial." Awesome CD. Sucks, thought, because it started skipping on the 7th track.

timedragon 2006-11-09 13:03

here i was thinking, "bah, this shmuck should have used the search function", then i tried it, and didnt find another thread :o (on the first page anyway)

quo vadis
garden of shadows
blinded by faith
asguard
demonoid
darkside
dark tranquillity
dissection (reinkaos only ;) )
death
enforsaken
god dethroned
In ruins
insomnium
shadow
warblade

BassBehemoth 2006-11-09 13:29

lol NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hypocrisy
Children of Bodom
Omnium Gatherum
Imperanon
Blind Stare
Skyfire
Soulscar
Beyond Within
Mygrain
Suidakra
Mors Principium Est
The Haunted(their new shit is terrible though)
Kalmah
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Shades of Dusk
Into Eternity(somewhat..?)
The Wake
Vehemence
Augury(somewhat)

Etc., Etc.

timedragon 2006-11-09 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
lol NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hypocrisy
Children of Bodom
Omnium Gatherum
Imperanon
Blind Stare
Skyfire
Soulscar
Beyond Within
Mygrain
Suidakra
Mors Principium Est
The Haunted(their new shit is terrible though)
Kalmah
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Shades of Dusk
Into Eternity(somewhat..?)
The Wake
Vehemence
Augury(somewhat)

Etc., Etc.

haha, 8 of those were going to be on my list, but i didnt feel like seeing someone bitch about how its something other. for ex. "skyfire isnt melo-death!!! its melodic symphonic orchestral neoclassical deathblack LOZ"

Carl 2006-11-09 13:50

Zonaria
wintersun
the plauge
the crown
svart
cant you call death's symbolic melodic death metal
cipher system
gates of ishtar
sacrilege
avatar
Dimension Zero
Cant you call Opeth Melodeath sometimes to?

BassBehemoth 2006-11-09 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
haha, 8 of those were going to be on my list, but i didnt feel like seeing someone bitch about how its something other. for ex. "skyfire isnt melo-death!!! its melodic symphonic orchestral neoclassical deathblack LOZ"



haha, yeah I know what you mean...

Oh, NORTHER.

There are so many bands of this genre, the best bet is too look it up at metal archives or the Metal Observer.

davie_gravy 2006-11-09 14:21

Let's not forget Insomnium

timedragon 2006-11-09 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
Let's not forget Insomnium

i didnt ;)

and yeah, Norther.

im sure there are more that need listing. well, more that i like.

Carl 2006-11-09 15:50

Tiamat's Old albums - melodic death

Cannibal Carcass 2006-11-09 17:29

I'm not 100% sure they count, but if they do, Dismember put EVERY other melodic death metal band to shame.

HAAAATTTEEE CAAAMPPAAAIIIIGNNNN!!!!



If they don't count... then At The Gates.

Infinity 2006-11-09 19:13

Hey hey hey hey hey hey WAIT!

Ominium Gatherum? I just got a track from them last night on this brutal death/black/grind compilation and they were definately some fucking crushingly heavy brutal death band. Are there 2 or something? Maybe I'm just wrong and should have looked at this before I posted.

BassBehemoth 2006-11-09 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Hey hey hey hey hey hey WAIT!

Ominium Gatherum? I just got a track from them last night on this brutal death/black/grind compilation and they were definately some fucking crushingly heavy brutal death band. Are there 2 or something? Maybe I'm just wrong and should have looked at this before I posted.


No Idea...but it's these guys I was talking about.

http://www.omniumgatherum.org/

I have their first album(special edition with a lot of bonus songs) and it's pretty badass. A lot of solid catchy songs.

Infinity 2006-11-09 20:03

Haha, I meant these guys:

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=188

http://www.myspace.com/omnium1

BassBehemoth 2006-11-09 20:20

Get that crap out of a decent thread! ;)

Aussie's are known for their thievery. :p

Infinity 2006-11-09 20:45

i would but i cant find the good thread LOLz

Lord Vehemence 2006-11-10 09:59

Embryo, you tossers.

belphegor79 2006-11-10 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesadpartofthestory
Tiamat's Old albums - melodic death

Yes. Awesome stuff.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:28.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.