MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mosh while playing? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33651)

SolothurN 2006-11-03 14:10

Mosh while playing?

Guys, do you mosh your head while playing bass? If you do, what style do you use? Do you have problems with loosing coordination or to miss sounds on the guitar or whatever? :D

Sounds pretty ridicolous, but I wanted to know how you do on that things ;D

Cassius 2006-11-03 14:24

I've crowd surfed while playing. That was fun

BassBehemoth 2006-11-03 14:50

Mosh your head? That would probably give you a head ache. I bang my head though. :D

sixsicsix 2006-11-03 17:35

im pretty fat...so if I windmill, i throw off my center of gravity and fall over.
but i do the martin mendez style headbanging pretty well.

SolothurN 2006-11-04 03:10

anyone here does windmill? :D cause i've got one problem, i don't know where to look while I mosh. Any advices? :D

VolVox 2006-11-04 05:58

Well its not that difficult, i do it playing guitar aswell as while playing bass. However, it is easier on bass if you pick fingerstyled. There is no advice to be given except starting with easier stuff and, of course, bang your head correctly to the rhythm, i tend to have the downbeat when my hair is at 6 o clock, if you know what i mean ;).

bassist_of_light 2006-11-06 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolothurN
Guys, do you mosh your head while playing bass? If you do, what style do you use? Do you have problems with loosing coordination or to miss sounds on the guitar or whatever? :D

Sounds pretty ridicolous, but I wanted to know how you do on that things ;D

hmm i would probably stab somebody with my headstock if i moshed while playing .....

(no0b, its called headbanging!!!)

Cassius 2006-11-06 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassist_of_light
hmm i would probably stab somebody with my headstock if i moshed while playing .....

What kind of bass do you have?

bassist_of_light 2006-11-07 09:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius
What kind of bass do you have?

esp, its pretty pointy he he....

SolothurN 2006-11-07 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassist_of_light

guess that's not big difference beetwen mosh or headbang - it's about the same thing though ;P

Bones98 2006-11-07 18:41

U mean Mosh as in for getting in the pit?

Cuz i do that while playing guitar and doing vocals with a headset mic.
But when there are venues without em, I would go during the parts w/o vocals and start shoving with my shoulder.

As far as windmills, DONT LOOK DOWN, ur balance will be fucked and there is a chance u will fall.

Just look straight at the crowd.

bassist_of_light 2006-11-09 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolothurN
guess that's not big difference beetwen mosh or headbang - it's about the same thing though ;P

um it it is?? i didnt realize pushing people around in a pit and banging your head were the same! :idea: :stoned:

The Doctor 2006-11-09 10:57

haha, indeed, completely different matters

SolothurN 2006-11-09 11:17

ok, i give up, you're maybe right, i don't know how you call those things in english ;P
here headbanging is called mosh, and moshing in the pit is called different ;P

Bones98 2006-11-10 13:43

well let this be a lesson to u and ur people. LOL.

Dude, I doubt what u said is true. Alot of people into death metal in Poland are very proficient in english.

YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD 2006-11-13 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
As far as windmills, DONT LOOK DOWN, ur balance will be fucked and there is a chance u will fall.

Just look straight at the crowd.

wait what are you talking about? are those 2 different statements?

SolothurN 2006-11-15 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
Dude, I doubt what u said is true. Alot of people into death metal in Poland are very proficient in english.

you seem to misunderstood me. I meant it's like people in poland say word mosh, but they mean headbanging by that. They say 'mosh' same as they would in english, but they mean something else :P

VolVox 2006-11-15 13:06

In germany we say mosh and mean headbanging, too.

At least in my area.

bassist_of_light 2006-11-15 14:30

hmmm, people need to learn that mosh and headbang are two seperate entities.... i know what you mean though, thats what you were taught that it meant :stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :homer:

SolothurN 2006-11-15 16:17

you see, i'm not the only one!! :D
maybe it's because american found that term, and europeans changed it meaning for them, but i'm not sure - that's just a stupid idea