MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Keyboard tabs (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3315)

Cthulhu0610 2002-09-23 22:01

Keyboard tabs

ya know what i wish there was more of, and i'd love to see it on this site...even though i know most metal doesn't include but hey it'd still be cool, is if they had some keyboard "tab"..it'd really just be posting what notes and such but hey it'd be cool to see..just a thought:stoned:

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-09-24 01:40

If anyone posts a Key tab, Nomad might put it up,, but no-one does.
Nomad can only put up whats asubmitted, there for, all tabs here are done by MetalTab users

memnoch 2002-09-24 05:22

NOT ANOTHER KEYBOARD FUCKING TAB REQUEST!!??!?!?!

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?!?!??!?!?!

Keyboards shouldn't be aloud anywhere near metal.....same thing with singing women. It's like taking your fresh turd right from the bowl and spreading it on a piece of toast, and enjoying it. It just won't work....ever.

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-24 15:47

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch

Keyboards shouldn't be aloud anywhere near metal.....same thing with singing women.

.....that goes against everything i like...

Father Death 2002-09-24 22:57

no keyboards or songing women...well not for death metal...give me doom metal anyday over death though...DOOM!?!?

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-25 18:03

jeez memnoch, you really believe women shouldnt sing in metal? are you serious? cmon, be real, and keys also?!?!?!?!?!?!

be fair to both sexes!!!!!!!!

memnoch 2002-09-25 18:15

I'm serious.....women don't belong as singers in metal, unless it's extremely emotional stuff like DOOM metal where she's actually SINGING and not screaming like she's being raped by my huge cock.

Keyboards (IMO) don't belong anywhere near a distorted guitar either. One of the big reasons why i hate Black Metal.

Freezer666 2002-09-25 18:26

so memnoch you dont like CoB?:(

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-25 23:43

cmon memnoch, i still cant believe you are being serious. a few questions though.

whats the difference between angela from arch enemy screaming, or the fag from krisiun growling? either way they both are not "singing" the difference is only in the gender.

also, im sure that many metal bands you listen to use keys. even if they dont have a keys player, MANY bands from iced earth to arch enemy have a session keyboardist that arranges some parts for their music. in the back of the cd booklet, it will usually say: "keyboards arranged and played by ____"

i think women do great in metal bands.........

Lord Malphas 2002-09-26 00:07

Quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic Penis
i think women do great in metal bands.........

yeah I do too.

and I also love keyboards

memnoch 2002-09-26 05:19

Freezer, i've never listened to CoB, but i assume i won't like them since they're blakc metal.

Penis, i am serious, get used to it. I don't listen to Arch Enemy or Iced Earth....i listen to Brutal shit that would get ruined with keys.

And about the singing thing......well, i think someone screaming or growling sounds a lot better in death metal than some chick screaming at the top of her lungs and making the whole feel of death metal turn to shit. A women's voice is a beautiful thing, it shouldn't be used in death metal......but things like Doom metal where beauty and emotion is needed, then yes.....or normal rock/pop music, for example i think Avril Lavigne has a pretty good voice for what she does.......but she would be complete shit in death metal.

Darkenelf 2002-09-26 07:30

re

Quote:
I'm serious.....women don't belong as singers in metal, unless it's extremely emotional stuff like DOOM metal where she's actually SINGING and not screaming like she's being raped by my huge cock.

Keyboards (IMO) don't belong anywhere near a distorted guitar either. One of the big reasons why i hate Black Metal.

you should listen to bands as: Hades Almighty, Forgotten Woods, Enslaved, Mordaehoth, there no keyboards in, and still it's black

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-09-26 15:10

Quote:
Freezer, i've never listened to CoB, but i assume i won't like them since they're blakc metal.

there not black!
They are Melodic Death!

Get your facts Straight, And what about Dream Theater?

memnoch 2002-09-27 05:16

When someone makes an assumption, it's not a fact.:rolleyes:

And all i've heard is one Dream Theatre song, not enough to base an opinion on.

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-27 09:35

really though, if someone were to listen to arch enemy without any knowledge of the line up, i bet they wouldnt be able to tell if the singer was a guy or girl.....

hey memnoch, doesnt Gorguts use keyboards?

walpurgis 2002-09-27 14:21

Children of Bodom sure as fuck don't sound like death metal to me...sounds like black metal to me...and I don't like em that much, so I highly doubt that memnoch would.

I haven't heard a female voice in a metal band that I've liked, and I've never heard Arch Enemy, and not planning on doing so anytime soon, so don't throw Angela Gassow at me.

Dream Theater uses a lot of keyboards, I should know, saw em live, but I'm not quite a fan of theirs either, unless two songs out of virtually 4 albums makes me a Dream Theaterhead :p

And 'noch, if most of what you listen to sounds like Immolation, you're right, it probably would be ruined with keys and/or females.

I like the way Dimmu Borgir uses keyboards, check out Mourning Palace and Indoctrination for anyone who hasn't heard them that's interested, and I like the way Morbid Angel used keys in Dreaming and a few other short instrumentals, but that's about all for me.

memnoch 2002-09-27 15:21

As far as i know, Gorguts doesn't use keys. They might have it in a couple intros before any guitars actually kick in, which is fine.....because it's not "metal" yet.:cool:

Like wally, the only Black Metal band i will listen to is Dimmu Borgir. I own 2 of their albums, and i like both very much. But liking one band doesn't make me a black metalhead.....i just like the heavy sound they have, reminds me of death metal sometimes.

Gigantic Penis 2002-09-27 21:30

i only got 1 dimmu album, and its really great

mrweijia 2002-10-05 14:30

Quote:

what about bands where the female singer sings like nightwish?

memnoch 2002-10-06 01:05

Who the fuck is Nightwish?

Stop naming goddamn black metal bands. You all know i fucking hate it, and i'll hate it even more with a women singing.