MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tours & Concerts (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   band you need to see live before you die? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32966)

SkelatorOfSteel 2006-10-06 00:41

band you need to see live before you die?

for me definately manowar and rhapsody.

and when i heard they were touring TOGETHER, i crapped my pants and concidered flying to germany. and i would have too, if it weren't for those meddling high prices.

helloween and nuclear assault also would be great to see

cellador too.

problematic 2006-10-06 05:16

Good thread.

Definantly Necrophagist. Hopefully one day they might tour here, I really hope so.

You Euros and Yankees are lucky barstards, we get jackshit here.

Theoldman 2006-10-06 12:29

Kagerou. Too bad they're disbanding next year. They're still doing last tour in Europe. I hope they'll come to Finland.

Dyldo 2006-10-06 13:41

Down
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Disillusion
Caphaurnam
Lykathea (Aflame)
King Crimson
Augury
Aphex Twin
Leng Tch'e
Emperor
Fantomas

Thats all I can think of for now. I'm assuming we're not posting bands that are not possible to see (broken up, old line ups). If thats the case then I've got about 10 others to add.

Requiem 2006-10-06 13:43

Necrophagist
Battlelore
Finntroll
Death(jk)
Cryptopsy
Korpikaalni

blizzard_beast 2006-10-06 14:04

Seeing Necrophagist in nine days, so I've got them covered. Apart from that:

Pink Floyd reunion type thing
Pentagram
Spirit Caravan
Iron Savior
Cannibal Corpse
Blue Cheer

SHIV 2006-10-06 22:41

Arsis (which will happen by the end of this month)
Tool
Impending Doom
Opeth
Meshugga
Liquid Tension Experiment (do they even do ANYTHING anymore?)
Frost Like Ashes
The Red Chord
Glass Casket
Norther
The Mars Volta
Lordi
Finntroll
Into The Moat
The Ocean

Transient 2006-10-06 22:53

necrophagist
malevolent creation
negativa should they tour
devin townsend band

PST 88 2006-10-06 23:05

No way in hell you'll see Pink Floyd reunion. They won't reunite until they're in their 100s, by which time you'll have been murdered by somebody on this site you made fun of one time too many.

If we're taking the word 'need' as seriously as possible in a thread about going to concerts, then my list would be the following:

King Crimson
Something with Mike Patton
Secret Chiefs 3
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Tom Waits
Clutch

Everything else is just incidental.

Transient 2006-10-06 23:43

isnt waits done touring forever?

amerok 2006-10-07 00:39

im going to be lame and say necrophagist and nile

Soulinsane 2006-10-07 01:10

I've seen everyone that I will ever need to see live and die without regret, although some bands are getting better the older they get. The Megadeth show I seen a few days ago was unlike any Megadeth I've ever seen. One I will remember the rest of my life. I would like to see Anthrax and Morbid Angel before my time is done though.

If I could go back in time I would like to see Pantera one more time though. Pantera had some of the best shows. While I was back in time I would have also seen AIC and Death. Even our heros don't life forever on earth.

See it while you can and live the best you can, folks!

PST 88 2006-10-07 01:31

Waits just toured in August. I doubt he's done forever. He just doesn't tour often.

mrs. malicious 2006-10-07 05:32

....equilibrium!! >.> we might be going to europe for a while next summer, and i would seriously plan an overseas vacation around an equilibrium show and wacken. wacken would probably take care of every other band i would want to see before i die :D and i'm going to see cannibal corpse and necrophagist one way or another this december, either at the memphis show or the atlanta one. oh yeah, and i'd also like to see...every other band i enjoy listening to. ;)

deanguitars 2006-10-07 09:22

cryptopsy
cannibal corpse (with barnes and fisher)
megadeth
huh... pantera, ive been wanting to see them since i was 7

wizard of the chords 2006-10-07 11:18

I have seen so many bands so many times, i am sick of them :p

Best bands I saw:

Iron Maiden (3 times)
Judas Priest (3 times)
Slayer 2 x
megadeth 2 x
cradle 3 x
Arch Enemy 4 x

I always went to graspop, one of the best metalfestivals, saw all the best of the best in couple of days. Every year a lot of the same bands come back.

The only band I wanted to see and I never saw was Deicide, I was supposed to see them here in Belgium, but then they cancelled. I actually took the day off for that one. Then they were supposed to play on Graspop festival, they cancelled that one too. Then they revisted Belgium with the new line-up, where did they play? The other part of the country :mad: :mad: :mad:

I once had the chance to see Metallica but ended up not going.

k13m 2006-10-07 11:43

id like to see sotajumala oneday, or maybe just a video clip of them, i cant find any video stuff of them :(

Transient 2006-10-07 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Waits just toured in August. I doubt he's done forever. He just doesn't tour often.

ah really, cool then. i'd have loved to see warren zevon play as well

i would really like to see vader now, i am hoping that they tour america in support of impressions

Dahmers Fridge 2006-10-07 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
If I could go back in time I would like to see Pantera one more time though. Pantera had some of the best shows. While I was back in time I would have also seen AIC and Death. Even our heros don't life forever on earth.

Saw Alice in Chains support Megadeth in 1990-91. I found them rather average, not crap, but I wasn't blow away by them. Though I do recall pissing myself at Jerry Cantrell who didn't switch his wah off properly and then nearly fell arse over tit as he ran back to switch it off! :D

Don't mention Death!!!! I was supposed to go see them in 1990 I think it was, and I got struck down with food poisoning so couldn't go! :mad: My mates went and they say it was brilliant(played Black Magic as encore)

Pantera saw them in '93 and '96, kicked ass everytime :beer:

I have far too many bands I need to see before I die.....and the clock is ticking!!!

Requiem 2006-10-07 16:37

Bands id like to see before i die continued...

Iron Maiden
Slayer
Opeth
Nile
Judas Priest
Limbonic Art
Borknagar