MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drums Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Who thinks Joey Jordison is overrated? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32706)

Clarissa 2006-09-22 09:04

Who thinks Joey Jordison is overrated?

I think he his, people go about saying he's the best drummer in the world, he may be the most famous drummer..

:confused:

Demogorgon 2006-09-22 09:19

How about learning to make a good sentence, before starting a thread?

problematic 2006-09-22 09:52

asl babe

mwuh :love:

CompelledToLacerate 2006-09-22 10:14

He's really good, but certainly not the best.

Cloaca 2006-09-22 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
He's really good, but certainly not the best.

Even though he certainly has a fair bit of skill, you can't say he's really good after watching players like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Vinnie Colaiuta etc.

Clarissa 2006-09-22 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgon
How about learning to make a good sentence, before starting a thread?

how about not being so rude

low-tech 2006-09-22 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Even though he certainly has a fair bit of skill, you can't say he's really good after watching players like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Vinnie Colaiuta etc.

i think jordinson is a good start for a drummer interested in metal, overrated,yes, but its by the uninitiated. annoying but forgivable

the guys you mention are far more overrated, imo, however. you might as well of dropped buddy richs name. those guys are who what alot of the advanced drummers worship.

its like me saying steve vai and malmsteen are the real deal.

good doesnt always mean skilled. this is not to imply the joey can lay down some tasteful playing. but there is something to be said about playing what a song needs moreso than what polyrythymn and 64th note bombast can be thrown in at every bar.

just food for thought

Edit:mangini would be a sick death metal drummer, too bad he has that bereklee rep to uphold.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-09-22 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca

He would blow my ass out of the water with this drumming. But yeah. Many more better drummers.

BUDDY RICH to be exact.

The Doctor 2006-09-22 17:15

vincent paul abott

CompelledToLacerate 2006-09-22 17:16

Him too.

The Execrator 2006-09-24 14:14

Joey is a very good drummer, but in a way, most good drummers are overrated somewhat. There is no good or fun in argueing an opinion over someone else's. I could sit here and argue that Gene Hoglan kicks Vinny Pauls ass on drums, but how can you prove it? You can't. Nobody fucking wins, why waste your time.

Casketcrusher 2006-09-24 19:29

Hey how about Gene Krupa? He was a kick ass drummer.

Joey is very good but it's all a matter of oppinion. There is much better out there like Frost from Satyricon/1349. That guy can blast or lay down some jazzy beats in the blink of an eye. But I feel being a good musician doesn't mean being an extreemly tallented one. To me the tallent comes in the songwritting department not the playing department. I know I will be bashed to death for this but take Pat O Brien for example. Very tallented guitarist but he is not a very good song writter. He tries to make every riff extreemly technical with every song he writes it gets very repetative. But it's all a matter of oppinion.

Requiem 2006-09-24 20:59

He is fucking trash his shit isnt even techinal

Casketcrusher 2006-09-25 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
He is fucking trash his shit isnt even techinal

Doesn't have to be.

MorbidGuitar 2006-09-25 22:25

He's just good at his style of music, thats all.

Valtiel 2006-09-25 23:18

Joey is obviously a very talented drummer. The only thing that makes him overrated is Slipknot maggots. Slipknot is obviously very high school oriented metal so when some 15 year old kid you just started playing drums hears Slipknot he thinks "OMG, this is like the best drumming EVAR!!!" just because Joey does more than basic metal drumming. Its all about perspective, im sure a lot of people here idolized musicians that they later realized werent anything special when they first started.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-09-25 23:22

That's basically what Joey is best known for; bringing fast heavy drumming to the mainstream audience (MTV and FUSE fanboys and girls to be specific).

Casketcrusher 2006-09-27 13:08

Remeber Joey was also in Anal Blast and was a session drummer for Satyricon.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-09-27 14:36

I didn't know that, actually.

I only know that he played for Metallica one time. And, of course, he plays guitar in Murderdolls

BrokenCrimson 2006-09-28 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissa
how about not being so rude

How about shut the fuck up and die in a fire?