MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   eBay banning sales of Black Metal related items... (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32539)

Sycophant 2006-09-14 05:35

eBay banning sales of Black Metal related items...

Just got this from from Blabbermouth, I know lots of people here get their shit from eBay so I thought you should at least be informed on what the fuck is happening:
Quote:
Paula Hogan of MANIC Music & Distribution and Candlelight Records USA has contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET to report that "eBay is [allegedly] currently starting a ban on black/extreme metal. A few of our vendors who have sizeable eBay stores are now finding their items pulled down by eBay directly. The list we have compiled so far that have been pulled for sale via any eBay stores or auctions is noted below. I'm sure there are more."

Added Dan Ferguson of Indianapolis, IN's Abyss Records: "I had a number of items removed and account suspended by selling black metal. It seems a group of so-called Christians have been reporting black metal bands (even though eBay has black metal as a search genre) as all racist and hateful and discriminatory."

The items that were allegedly removed by eBay because they "violated the eBay Hateful or Discriminatory policy" are as follows:

BURZUM - Complete 6 LP SET
EMPEROR - IX Equilibrium ORIG. LP
WOTANORDEN - From The.. CD
BURZUM - s/t / Aske DOUBLE LP
1349 - Beyond The CD
DARKTHRONE - Panzerfaust CD
MAYHEM - Collection 4 LP SET
PANTHEON - Krihapentswor CD
DARKTHRONE - Total Death CD
BURZUM - Draugen CD DVD
BURZUM - Daudi Baldrs LP
BURZUM - Daudi Baldrs CD
ZYKLON B - Blood Must Be Shed CD
ARMAGGEDON - Imperium CD
EMPEROR - Demo LP
1349 - Hellfire DOUBLE LP
DARKTHRONE - Hate Them CD
BURZUM - Filosofem DOUBLE LP
BURZUM - Hlidskjalf LP
BURZUM - Det Som Engang Var DIGI CD
CAMULOS / AINSHVAL - Split CD
BURZUM - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss LP
BURZUM - Det Som Engang Var LP
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - Weltanschauung CD
SATYRICON - Now, Diabolical CD

In eBay's e-mail to Ferguson explaining their decision to remove his listing, they write, "eBay doesn't permit sellers to list items that promote or glorify hatred, violence, or racial intolerance. Items that promote organizations with such views are also prohibited.

"eBay will judiciously disallow listings or items that promote or glorify hatred, violence or racial intolerance, or items that promote organizations (such as Nazis, neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation) with such views. This policy also applies to listings that offer shipping to countries where certain items may be illegal."

Fuck the christian agenda. I hope there's no legal way they can do this.
\m/:mad:\m/

Agent-Orange 2006-09-14 05:43

You have to be kidding...........

far_beyond_sane 2006-09-14 05:55

I agree with you, but am not going to cry any time soon. EBay is a private company - there is no right to free expression on their website. They no doubt have a policy clause which says "We can do what we like, so up yours". If they think it's a viable commercial decision, they'll make it.

(Also, a lot of that list is RAW TR00 OLD SK00L BL4CK M3TAL that sounds like cats fucking in a tin box.)

BUT. As little as I think of old-school black metal, that list is a pile of shit. Satyricon? Read this and decide for yourself if it in any way qualifies at 'hate-filled'. The album art? No fucking way.

Perhaps 1349? I think this stuff is pretty mild but that's just me... I'm almost entirely immune to it.

By their own standards, they need to ban this, or perhaps
this, certainly this , and any number of other things.

Witch-hunt bullshit.

Infinity 2006-09-14 05:57

What a joke.

Infinity 2006-09-14 06:03

Ok yes well banning violence take away every gore death or metal band other than like 80s thrash that was against the war and involved with politics, take away all the korn and all the nu metal, take away every form of aggressive music ever.

HELLBLASTER-666 2006-09-14 06:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
take away every form of aggressive music ever.

that's what they should do,at least be fair

Dahmers Fridge 2006-09-14 06:21

Well I hope they're banning gangster rap also!

johnmansley 2006-09-14 06:59

Maybe they should ban Christian music due to its overwhelmingly turgid quality. Oh, and it offends people who don't want religion rammed down their throat.

"Mummy, mummy! That bad man is selling black metal that I'm never going to buy anyway! Make him stop hurting my eyes, mummy!"

What a group of tossers. Just because they would rather sit and listen to scriptures being read by Scott Stapp doesn't mean everybody else does.

xgrafcorex 2006-09-14 07:42

maybe they are still getting around to it all..but of the one album listed that i searched: http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...URZUM+-+Draugen

moe_blunts 2006-09-14 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Perhaps 1349? I think this stuff is pretty mild but that's just me... I'm almost entirely immune to it.

isn't chasing the dragon smoking crack after shooting heroine?

anyways, yea, this is pretty ridiculous. i know for some people out in the middle of fuckin nowhere, ebay is their only source of metal media. someone should right a e-petition. i would be more than happy to sign it.

BOYCOTT EBAY UNTIL THEY ALLOW BLACK METAL!

L,B'XXX 2006-09-14 08:55

That's ridiculous, but they banned used underwear sales so my income went back down again. ( <--sarcasm) You know if they do that another place will spring up that does sell that stuff and you guys will probably be first to spread the word. Where there's a will (or a market) there's a way.

Transient 2006-09-14 09:29

FUCK ANYBODY WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Dahmers Fridge 2006-09-14 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
That's ridiculous, but they banned used underwear sales so my income went back down again. ( <--sarcasm) )

I nearly choked on my cuppa tea when I read this! :D

CompelledToLacerate 2006-09-14 09:33

I don't go on ebay, so this probably doesn't affect me as much as some of you, but yeah, I think it is bullshit. But also, as Far Beyond Sane said(I think it was him), they had to have some little thing in the terms of agreement that cancels out your freedom to speech in a way. Kind of like on youtube; this one dude made a videodescribing how our 1st amendment rights pretty much mean shit when we post a video on there.

Can these cd's be bought in stores?

Ten Ton Alien 2006-09-14 09:38

they should just ban Black Metal from the freakin planet.

Transient 2006-09-14 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
they should just ban Black Metal from the freakin planet.

HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE :sleeping:

Blood Red Bass 2006-09-14 10:18

Amazon.com has Burzum stuff. I would assume they have the other bands mentioned but I don't have time right now to check all of them. Is there something wrong with amazon.com I don't know about?

johnmansley 2006-09-14 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
anyways, yea, this is pretty ridiculous. i know for some people out in the middle of fuckin nowhere, ebay is their only source of metal media.

It's ridiculous but not because of availability issues; it's the freedom of expression aspect that worries me. They can always get CD's from another website after all.

Amadeus 2006-09-14 10:37

If we ever meet, FBS, I shall have to shoot you, because I can't stand someone beating me to the good point every bloody time.
He is entirely right, and I can't help get that feeling that yes, some kind of new fangled witch hunt is happening in the US. But HEY, dear metalheads, if you have to place yourself in a genre that makes shock value an everyday jargon, guess what, that's right, you're going to UPSET people.

xgrafcorex 2006-09-14 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
isn't chasing the dragon smoking crack after shooting heroine?

i'm pretty sure chasing the dragon is a reference to smoking opium. i could be mistaken though.