MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nose bleeds (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31612)

BlackRoseImmortal 2006-08-03 10:15

Nose bleeds

Before a few months ago I hadn't had a nose bleed in nineteen years (my entire life), and I've been trying to figure it out. There is the first possibility, which is the strain I've recently been putting on my eyes from using the PC, or the other, which is the reason I posted it here and not another forum, which could be from excessive headbanging. Consider I know you all use computers aswell, has anybody else had this problem, and know if it is due to one of these things?

Dahmers Fridge 2006-08-03 10:21

Picking your nose can make it bleed :idea:

CompelledToLacerate 2006-08-03 10:38

Nose bleeds for me are caused by dryness in my nose. And since I'm taking Accutane, which is an acne drug that drys up all the oil in your skin ALL over your body, my nose bleeds have been occuring more often.

Use vasaline or some lubricant on the inside of your nise, or use a saline spray. The vaseline works better, though.

sqol 2006-08-03 18:13

I used to get a lot of nosebleeds, for about a year i was having probably at least 1 a day for no reason at all, i went to the doctors and they didn't really do anything, i was going to have my nose quaterized to stop it from happening, but i haven't had one for a few months now. I wouldn't connect it to watching the computer, possibly headbanding but i wouldn't have thought so :)

L,B'XXX 2006-08-03 18:38

I'd doubt it was from the computer use or I'd have a monsoon from my nose. (And you should see my nose!) Headbanging might do it, but I highly doubt it. But if your air is dry where you are due to lack of humidty, if you're taking anything to dry or open your sinuses, not getting enough water, or something like that those I'd check out first. If you smoke that may be drying your nose out if you inhale the smoke through your nose.

I've used flonase to open my sinus passages for a couple years now and had no trouble with it, but when I was able to get a cheaper generic I got a slight bloody discharge the first couple days I used it. It went away though.

If you were about 13 I'd tell you it's just a guy thing from hormonal changes, but since you're older I doubt that's it. If it's persistent or really a problem then call the doc.

ImBored 2006-08-03 19:18

well if the only choice to pick from is computer use and headbanging, id say definitely the head banging is the more likely reason

I use a computer way too much for years now, and it doesnt make me have a nosebleed. but of course, none of us are the same.

On a nose related front mine still hurts after last weeks fight. Worrying, but defo not broken

timedragon 2006-08-03 19:35

it used to happen to me, and i think it was dry air, and heat. both of those things can burst blood vessels in your nose, causing the blood to run from it.

Zionist 2006-08-03 20:37

Stop doin' lines. Lol

In 3rd grade, everyday we came in from recess my nose would start to bleed and I just remember everyone used to feel sorry for me, lol. Kids.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-08-03 22:41

Another thing that helsp severe nose bleeds is putting some ice to it. This also helps in moistening it. But then you got all the water and blood all over your hands and... well, actually, it isn't too bad, so yeah. Try it out.

Transient 2006-08-03 23:34

dry air (AC) or high blood pressure ?

Robbie Filth 2006-08-04 04:10

I've never had a nose bleed. I use my computer alot and i been headbanging to the best of 'em since i was like 7. ]

So it's probably some other reason.

fatdanny 2006-08-04 05:11

It's just a nosebleed... these things happen.

Soulinsane 2006-08-04 06:42

It could be a brain aneurism :eek:

Last time I had a nose bleed was on my 21th birthday. I was more drunk then I've ever been in my life. I slipped in the bathroom, my arms didn't work, I smashed my face on the floor, broke my nose, had a nose bleed.

Sweet memories :love:

L,B'XXX 2006-08-04 08:10

Ouch! I'm glad you weren't the one I had to pick up off the bathroom floor. I'd probably have just let you lay there. hehe

When the doc was talking about me having surgery on my sinuses she said they don't pack gauze in there anymore. They use nasal tampons. If it gets too bad raid a female person's stash. Light for a little blood and heavy for those days that are really bad. :) Just trying to help out. Just don't use the kind with an applicator. That might make it worse.

DeathCS 2006-08-04 13:16

i sometimes get nosebleeds from unconciously rubbing my nose when i'm sleeping.
Put a little bacitracin on a que tip and swab it in your nose. that helps for me.

Shreddist 2006-08-04 13:17

Stop pissing people off to where they punch you. I think WebMD might help a little bit more than metal tabs...

Zionist 2006-08-04 13:23

Holy shit this is odd. I was playing my bass about ten minutes ago and I felt a strange tingling in my nose and I felt a splash of blood on my right hand. What a coincidence.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-08-04 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
Holy shit this is odd. I was playing my bass about ten minutes ago and I felt a strange tingling in my nose and I felt a splash of blood on my right hand. What a coincidence.

Happens to me sometimes when I"m just sitting down.

Sometimes, I can just tap my nise a little and I get a little nose bleed.

A long time ago, in like 3rd grade or something, some girl threw a puch at me, missed my nose, yet it started bleeding anyways. everyone thoguht I got hit by a girl. :bawling: Of course, she was Mexican... I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Blood Red Bass 2006-08-04 16:40

I'm not gonna throw out any random percentages or anything but most of the time, it is caused by the air you're breathing being drier than it should be and abrupt temperature changes. All you can really do is blcok it up with some cotton but DON'T tilt your head back in an attempt to keep more form leaking out, tilting your head back will only cause it to leak back into your stomach, which is not a good place for a lot of blood to be.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-08-04 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
I'm not gonna throw out any random percentages or anything but most of the time, it is caused by the air you're breathing being drier than it should be and abrupt temperature changes. All you can really do is blcok it up with some cotton but DON'T tilt your head back in an attempt to keep more form leaking out, tilting your head back will only cause it to leak back into your stomach, which is not a good place for a lot of blood to be.

I never understood that. Why is it bad for blood to be in your stomach?