MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Christ Illusion Leaked (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31416)

philkilla 2006-07-25 23:43

I've listened through it once. It will take some time to get used to.

It sounds nothing like season in the abyss though....more like GHUA with a little more attitude (ehhh....)

Whats with their fucking guitars though? You can hear em flopping around like 3/4 of the time...that shit pisses me off.

KERRY STOP BEING A PUSSY AND USE BIGGER STRING GUAGES!!!

Just to back that comment up: He uses .042 for Eb, .046 for Db, and a .056 for
Drop B..(coincidently, those are the tunings they used on the new album)

I'm pretty sure jeff uses the same guages as well...hence the SUPERFLOP sound.

Doktorskell 2006-07-26 00:05

how come whenever someone mentiones a band in a thread a whole bunch of cocksuckers feel they need to mention a band they think is better?

philkilla 2006-07-26 00:26

because you are at metaltabs.

travI56669 2006-07-26 02:05

So are you too, Phil, you assclown.. :beer:

Valtiel 2006-07-26 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
It's a thrash album...done by Slayer. Back into the basement you go!

Meh, that still dosent mean its any good.

Infinity 2006-07-26 03:21

BASBEHEMOTH I LOVE WHEN YOU SAY "BACK INTO THE CLOSET NOW!" and like "back into the basement with you!" it's sooo funny. [no sarcasm]

fatdanny 2006-07-26 05:12

Mediocre at best.

Jihad and Black Serenade both have a couple of decent riffs, but apart from that, this album has some of the poorest riffs I have ever heard. There were literally only 2 riffs on the album that made me go "niiiiiiiiice..." and start grinning (which is what I do when I encounter a particularly good riff).

I listened to the whole album, but if it wasn't slayer I would have switched it off after 3 songs.

I do like the solos though, they're all good (if you like slayer solos).

I'd give it 5/10

philkilla 2006-07-26 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by travI56669
So are you too, Phil, you assclown.. :beer:

yah, thats only so I can trashtalk you fucks that live by ''the green screen''

You think it makes a difference whether I stay or not?

I'm not dependent upon this site. I have my own site to keep me busy...oh yeah, and my site isn't full of a buncha faggots either (I don't mean you either, you are cool)

obrien20 2006-07-26 08:48

I'm with Bassbehemoth here. Definitily a thrash album.

You keep bashing later Slayer releases because you suck, Slayer owns your goddamn life and Christ Illusion is fuckin badass. period.

fatdanny 2006-07-26 08:51

I forgot to mention, the drumming is really dull too. It's lombardo isn't it? I was expecting much better from him.

obrien20 2006-07-26 08:53

hahaha, DULL? it fuckin rule.

SUPREMIST, take that blast!

philkilla 2006-07-26 08:56

On second listen, its growing on me more. I listened to it quiet last night...but HE STILL NEEDS BIGGER FUCKING STRINGS!!!

obrien20 2006-07-26 09:30

shut up whore. get Zakk, Karl or Pat for big strings.

PST 88 2006-07-26 10:00

Kerry played both rhythm tracks, so any flopping you hear there's all him.

Some of it's a welcome change (back to the familiar) and some of it's the same old bullshit that you'd think Kerry would get tired of forcing out. In any case I severely doubt that this will be one of the albums I think of when I talk about how great Slayer is; and while second-rate Slayer may be better than a lot of the shit out there, I don't feel much need to listen to it when I've got first-rate Slayer that can scratch the same itch.

newHELLonEARTH 2006-07-26 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
I'm with Bassbehemoth here. Definitily a thrash album.

You keep bashing later Slayer releases because you suck, Slayer owns your goddamn life and Christ Illusion is fuckin badass. period.

:beer:

BassBehemoth 2006-07-26 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
BASBEHEMOTH I LOVE WHEN YOU SAY "BACK INTO THE CLOSET NOW!" and like "back into the basement with you!" it's sooo funny. [no sarcasm]

Thanks man, I love you.

I'd give the album at least a 7/10.

newHELLonEARTH 2006-07-26 10:46

I'd give it a 7 or 8. It got me headbangin so that's good enough for me.

obrien20 2006-07-26 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'd give the album at least a 7/10.
Yeah, probably thats my rate either.

NuMustDie 2006-07-26 13:00

For waiting five years, I say this album is PURE SHIT!

Dissection 2006-07-26 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Kerry played both rhythm tracks, so any flopping you hear there's all him.

Some of it's a welcome change (back to the familiar) and some of it's the same old bullshit that you'd think Kerry would get tired of forcing out. In any case I severely doubt that this will be one of the albums I think of when I talk about how great Slayer is; and while second-rate Slayer may be better than a lot of the shit out there, I don't feel much need to listen to it when I've got first-rate Slayer that can scratch the same itch.

I had this whole long ramble written out, but PST basically summed it up. Stop bitching about how bad new Slayer is, and look back at all of their great work and focus on that. Shit, I think you'd rather people focus on your good work, rather than your darker moments.

I haven't heard it, and if anyone wants to send it to me, I'll be on AIM (I also need some of the classic albums, alot of my music got deleted :(). I won't trash the album if its bad, but I will already say it does probably blow.