MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dominique Di Piazza (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31397)

Hez 2006-07-24 04:23

Dominique Di Piazza
 
You all probably know him, but i just thought id throw him in here for the people who dont.
I think hes made a solo album or two, and a couple of albums (Front Page & Manring) with some other guys.
Anyway, hes uses a technique where he uses his thumb to pick and his other fingers to pick on the higher strings.

Heres Dominique playing a beautiful solo:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...nique+Di+Piazza

Playing Dinello a track from album Front Page
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...nique+Di+Piazza

His latest album:
http://carbonne-dipiazza-manring.com/

I think he hasnt been mentioned, so i posted this up. :D

MegaBassPlayer 2006-07-25 10:38

there is a thread for this, it's called "Pictures of some of the best bassits". or "Bass Videos"

Hez 2006-07-25 21:33

Im not posting "cool" videos. Im informing people about his music.

Discuss please? Im no expert on this guy.

sixsicsix 2006-07-26 19:28

your being redundant, it is a video about him playing his music, correct?
and it is on a bass?
bass videos, dont be a cunt
plus, he plays with a pick
And pst, Ive revoked my past acceptance of pick bassists as legit musicians, its an excuse not to practice :behead:

Hez 2006-07-27 07:26

IMO music is more important than whether someone uses a pick or fingers. That solo is absoloutly beautiful, you obviously didnt listen to it.

Moderators can move this post if they see it as a problem.

problematic 2006-07-27 07:35

You guys are fucking cunts. Hez just tried showing you guys a bassist who he thinks is cool, he went to the trouble of getting links and whatnot for you guys, to maybe extend your bass knowledge that one little notch, and you fucktards go on how he should have posted in another section in the forum.

You fuckers make me sick.

MegaBassPlayer 2006-07-27 10:12

yes but he should have posted in another thread. he doesn't need to make a thread just for one bassist. i'm sure if he posted in "Bass Videos", more people would care.

BassBehemoth 2006-07-27 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBassPlayer
yes but he should have posted in another thread. he doesn't need to make a thread just for one bassist. i'm sure if he posted in "Bass Videos", more people would care.


There have been many threads about shitter bassists. Fuck off and stop ruining the thread with nonsensical ideas.

Valtiel 2006-07-27 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
your being redundant, it is a video about him playing his music, correct?
and it is on a bass?
bass videos, dont be a cunt
plus, he plays with a pick
And pst, Ive revoked my past acceptance of pick bassists as legit musicians, its an excuse not to practice :behead:


Oh no, he has revoked his acceptance of pick playing, we're all fucked now!

Give me one logical reason why they arent legit musicians, and if you do, post in the pick vs finger bassist thread.

problematic 2006-07-28 00:50

Thank you bassbehemoth.

Just because a bassist uses a pick makes them not even worth a listen? That is just fucking retarded. I agree with hez, his work is fucking beautiful.

MegaBass, and SIXSICSIXFUCKINMAGG0T4LIF, you guys are both fucking idiots,I hope you guys don't even respect yourselfs as bassists, i'm disgusted.

Valtiel 2006-07-28 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Thank you bassbehemoth.

Just because a bassist uses a pick makes them not even worth a listen? That is just fucking retarded. I agree with hez, his work is fucking beautiful.

MegaBass, and SIXSICSIXFUCKINMAGG0T4LIF, you guys are both fucking idiots,I hope you guys don't even respect yourselfs as bassists, i'm disgusted.


Dude, they are both 15 and 16 years old respectively, you cant expect much more.

Hez 2006-07-28 03:42

What part of the pick makes the music bad?
It plays the same note a finger would, so stop thinking so 2 Dimensional!

There are no rules to playing the bass, just guidelines.

problematic 2006-07-28 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
Oh no, he has revoked his acceptance of pick playing, we're all fucked now!

Give me one logical reason why they arent legit musicians, and if you do, post in the pick vs finger bassist thread.


Haha, well thanks for the alert, but i'm 16 aswell.

But then again i'm not so insecure about myself as to write in my profile how much I can bench and curl, MegaBass is really gay, it really shows you something about his reaction to issues such as pick vs. bass, and generally being a dickhead, not even caring about the thread, only caring about putting someone down for something as insignificant as posting in a slightly misplace area.


Anyway, Hez, what's that song you sent me? Dinello or some shit?

Im sure most bassists should know this record well, from what i've heard it's just pure grand insanity.

Hez 2006-07-28 05:54

Apparently not, im suprised no one has heard of him

(im 17 btw)

Tattered 2006-07-28 07:25

Ive come across this video before, excellent piece, for people who didnt notice, hes playing with his pick and his fingers, i dont blame him either for using both at the same time, the piece does look a tad tricky.

MegaBassPlayer 2006-07-28 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Thank you bassbehemoth.

Just because a bassist uses a pick makes them not even worth a listen? That is just fucking retarded. I agree with hez, his work is fucking beautiful.

MegaBass, and SIXSICSIXFUCKINMAGG0T4LIF, you guys are both fucking idiots,I hope you guys don't even respect yourselfs as bassists, i'm disgusted.

whatever you say pal, whatever you say

MegaBassPlayer 2006-07-28 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Haha, well thanks for the alert, but i'm 16 aswell.

But then again i'm not so insecure about myself as to write in my profile how much I can bench and curl, MegaBass is really gay, it really shows you something about his reaction to issues such as pick vs. bass, and generally being a dickhead, not even caring about the thread, only caring about putting someone down for something as insignificant as posting in a slightly misplace area.


Anyway, Hez, what's that song you sent me? Dinello or some shit?

Im sure most bassists should know this record well, from what i've heard it's just pure grand insanity.

wow, now that wasnt nice pal. you make me laugh.

epitaph 2006-07-28 11:50

I feel that he could've played the first solo more accurately,
it was a great piece nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
MegaBass, and SIXSICSIXFUCKINMAGG0T4LIF, you guys are both fucking idiots


Something I have to agree for once

John Holland 2006-07-28 12:44

To people who hate pick bassists :

Jason Newsted and John Murray are probably better than you.

sixsicsix 2006-07-28 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Thank you bassbehemoth.

Just because a bassist uses a pick makes them not even worth a listen? That is just fucking retarded. I agree with hez, his work is fucking beautiful.

MegaBass, and SIXSICSIXFUCKINMAGG0T4LIF, you guys are both fucking idiots,I hope you guys don't even respect yourselfs as bassists, i'm disgusted.

i respect myself and my bass by not destroying the strings and the finish on the body by scraping it to shit with a pick
edit: NEVER reference me to slipknot


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.