MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Grind (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31148)

low-tech 2006-07-16 00:51

getting signed isnt the end all be all. it doesnt validate peoples virtue, most of all it doesnt validate musical integrity, it never had and never will

i myself dont like anal cunt. the shit was interesting in like 1988 or something, AC and GG almost toured together in like 91? somewhere around there, GG would chase the crowds away naked covered in his own shit and blood, it wouldve been the most fucked up travelling show in the history of music. nowadays seth putnam being as he is now crippled and recovering from a massive pill OD is a self parody,walking contradiction, the guy wrote songs making fun of cripples for christs sakes.

as far as being a joke band i dont think they are, they are pretty sincere in being the most offensive assholes ever, i know people who have kicked thier ass and others who've witnesses thier asses being kicked, like in multiple states. joke bands dont last about 20 years and invite that kind of reputation and still,no matter how many line-up changes,beatdowns,overdoses,arrests,persist.

ill agree that thier rep and the violence of thier shows supercede thier music, but they are total lo-fi, 5 second song kind of band doing it in the 80s. AC formed a little after napalm death who are like the fucking pioneers of brutal music. grindcore at that time wasnt about technical,well composed ability,digital recordings and drum triggers,everything tight as hell etc.<that all came later>. it was the direct opposite. this was a time when most bands took a bizzare pride in not knowing how to play thier instruments, the word arpeggio is something most of the old grind bands wouldnt know about or much care about anyway. i love alot of the old lo-fi bands and i think others have done better than AC at that time, but i wouldnt say thier sound goes without merit, thier influence on underground music is unquestionable.

im not trying to change your mind here, i just think your logic about not liking them is kinda odd. but i do hear you out in wanting to hear bands who really put effort into thier work, try to make music that is complex,meaningful and creative. and i do agree with alot of what you said

CompelledToLacerate 2006-07-16 01:29

Well, thanks. I'm glad we have some common ground. :beer:

MoonRaven 2006-07-16 15:20

WAH WAH WAH, MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN SETHS, BLAH BLAH BLAH

music is different for everyone, i also happen to take music very seriously, but i would love to do a fucking acoustic mayhem type of group. its music, it should be more fun than anything else in the world, it shouldn't become work, when that happens, you get burnt out, i saw it happen to countless freshmen in the music program at central washington university. i personally love anal cunt because of the fact that it is TOTAL bullshit, its funny, its obnoxious, but it also, probably inadvertantly, pushes the boundaries of what people consider to be music, which, IMO, is the point of grind in general. but hey, thats my opinion, you dont like it, fuck off, : )

Jon 2006-07-16 20:28

Shouldn't someone post a grindcore band?

Casketcrusher 2006-07-16 20:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Shouldn't someone post a grindcore band?

I like this dude. (Not in a gay way!)

low-tech 2006-07-16 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven

music is different for everyone, i also happen to take music very seriously, but i would love to do a fucking acoustic mayhem type of group. its music, it should be more fun than anything else in the world, it shouldn't become work, when that happens, you get burnt out, i saw it happen to countless freshmen in the music program at central washington university. i personally love anal cunt because of the fact that it is TOTAL bullshit, its funny, its obnoxious, but it also, probably inadvertantly, pushes the boundaries of what people consider to be music, which, IMO, is the point of grind in general. but hey, thats my opinion, you dont like it, fuck off, : )

dude you are talking about a band that breaks up every two weeks and reforms witha new line-up each time for years. they are the epitome of burn outs.

Cunty Shunt 2006-07-16 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
If I wanted to go to Europe, I would go to Europe. I take music , among other things, very seriously, and I hate it when people make a joke out of it. People who lack disipline, poeple who would rather get piss drunk and scream into a mic than commit themselves to performing a great show.And I'm not just talking about metal music.

When I was in school, I was in the marching band. Contrary to popular belief, it is hard work to rehearse each movement, put it on the field, and perform it. I was proud of the work we did BECAUSE we put hard work into it. People shouldn't have that sense of pride and that feeling of acomplishment handed to them on a platter without working for it. Anal Cunt performs, like, what, how many half assed shows and gets signed? I understand the whole "slap in the face to the whole conglomerate of music." And I know music is a form of expression. But for me, music is also something that I want to push myself with. Reach my potential.

If I wanted to be a "funny" little asshole, I would just shit in a bucket on stage and throw it into a crowd.

I meant got to Europe and play.

You shouldn't take something like other people's music so seriously (your own music is a different story, go ahead and do you're best, I respect that whole-heartedly).
Plus, do you know how hard it is to play noisey-grind or improvised shows like AC does and actually keep it fairly tight? Not that terribly easy.

P.S. They put on a very great show, at least to me. I see nothing more entertaining that a drunken crackhead getting in a fight in the middle of his set. Now that he is cripple it's still great because he still perform the songs "Brain Dead" and "You're In A Coma."

CompelledToLacerate 2006-07-16 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven

Having fun is one thing. But you usually aren't pushing yourself if you're just having fun. Music is hard work, but it's worth the hard work.

Not just in music, but in other fields too. YOu'll find other people who love what they do but work very hard doing it. Science, Math, English, Visual art, theater, and so on. All of these subjects along with music have oppertunities in them. You can be a scientist, Writer, Teacher, anything, and all of them involve hard work. It all depends on if you feel it is worth all the hard work.

For the longest time, I couldn't decide if I wanted a life in music or visual art, likepainting, drawing, and so on. So I took an AP Studio course which is the hardest art course in my school. Only passed it because the teacher was nice. 6 projects, and I could only finish 3 because I couldn't keep up with everyone. Not because I sucked, but because I was good at observation... a little too good.

Well, anyways, a little into the semester, this lady who graduated from the school, who also helps in creating the artwork for Southpark (yeah, hoo, fuck), explained how it was working in that sort if area. Granted, South Park has some really cheap artwork and graphics, but even so. She explained how her and the people who do that stuff practically stay up all night and work until the Wednsday when the episode airs working on just that one episode. And then they do it again. I think about this, and I just can't see myself working on art all the time like that. And I decided I could do more with music than art.

Doktorskell 2006-07-16 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
I meant got to Europe and play.

You shouldn't take something like other people's music so seriously (your own music is a different story, go ahead and do you're best, I respect that whole-heartedly).
Plus, do you know how hard it is to play noisey-grind or improvised shows like AC does and actually keep it fairly tight? Not that terribly easy.

P.S. They put on a very great show, at least to me. I see nothing more entertaining that a drunken crackhead getting in a fight in the middle of his set. Now that he is cripple it's still great because he still perform the songs "Brain Dead" and "You're In A Coma."

The first show he played after he got out of the coma. He opened up with you're in a coma

At least he has a sense of humour however fucked. his dreams dont involve castles and dragons but going to liqour stores.

MoonRaven 2006-07-16 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Having fun is one thing. But you usually aren't pushing yourself if you're just having fun. Music is hard work, but it's worth the hard work.

Not just in music, but in other fields too. YOu'll find other people who love what they do but work very hard doing it. Science, Math, English, Visual art, theater, and so on. All of these subjects along with music have oppertunities in them. You can be a scientist, Writer, Teacher, anything, and all of them involve hard work. It all depends on if you feel it is worth all the hard work.

For the longest time, I couldn't decide if I wanted a life in music or visual art, likepainting, drawing, and so on. So I took an AP Studio course which is the hardest art course in my school. Only passed it because the teacher was nice. 6 projects, and I could only finish 3 because I couldn't keep up with everyone. Not because I sucked, but because I was good at observation... a little too good.

Well, anyways, a little into the semester, this lady who graduated from the school, who also helps in creating the artwork for Southpark (yeah, hoo, fuck), explained how it was working in that sort if area. Granted, South Park has some really cheap artwork and graphics, but even so. She explained how her and the people who do that stuff practically stay up all night and work until the Wednsday when the episode airs working on just that one episode. And then they do it again. I think about this, and I just can't see myself working on art all the time like that. And I decided I could do more with music than art.

but anyone who does jobs like that and loves whta they do doesnt feel like its work if they love to do it, its like music theory for example, i love theory, i loved the class, it was hard as all get out, but i had so much fun applying that shit to guitar that it wasnt "work", the same with math, its hard but i have so much fun doing it that it isnt work

CompelledToLacerate 2006-07-16 23:55

I'm not saying anything against what you just said. Of course if you like something, it doesn't feel like work. But whether you feel it or not, if you are committed to something, you do hard work, even if it doesn't feel hard. If you in the marching band and you and your mates are perfecting the show for the next competition, it's hard (esspecially if you have either a tuba on your back or a drum hanging off of you), but if you like it and enjoy it, you get over the fact it's hard and do it.

Also, even if you do like your job, there's always moments when it is hard. Like a composer who is having a dry spell and can't think of anything to write. I currently am trying to write an outro to this one song, and I'm very good at outros, but I can't think of anything.

low-tech 2006-07-17 00:11

99% time spent being in a band fucking sucks, forget hard work.

its almost not worth doing it, but the very good moments on stage cancel out the huge stinking pile of bullshit you went thru to get there.

CompelledToLacerate 2006-07-17 00:13

Exactly. You recognize what you are working for and you get over all the shit. You don't whine and you get shit done.

Infinity 2006-07-17 02:22

YOU'RE FIRED
Anal Cunt
Spazztic Blurr
OLD Napalm Death
Drop Dead
The Locust
NASUM

low-tech 2006-07-17 02:35

if you like drop dead

I,destroyer

features the singer of drop dead. they are a local band

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...riendid=8803173

Infinity 2006-07-17 02:39

sweet ill have to check them when im near real internet. you like Youre Fired?

Cunty Shunt 2006-07-17 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
99% time spent being in a band fucking sucks, forget hard work.

its almost not worth doing it, but the very good moments on stage cancel out the huge stinking pile of bullshit you went thru to get there.

Exactly. That's why every show I've ever played has been completely improvised. No work and every show turned out to be what I was looking for.

newHELLonEARTH 2006-07-17 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumncurve
Nasum and Lacerated Shit Mongering Ass Belonker

;)

low-tech 2006-07-17 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
sweet ill have to check them when im near real internet. you like Youre Fired?

never heard of them, ive been out of the loop on this type of music for a while

Cunty Shunt 2006-07-17 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
never heard of them, ive been out of the loop on this type of music for a while

It's Seth's hardcore band. Decent.