MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Grind (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31148)

johnmansley 2011-06-07 20:15

Ha, Anthems is one of my "go to" albums when I don't really have a craving for a specific album or band. Its awesomeness pervades :vampire:

The next PD album is very hotly anticipated but the most I can find is that they're currently in the writing process. Late 2011 or early 2012 would be my guess.

Dyldo 2011-06-11 09:59

Aw yeah, I'm with you. Unfortunately I can't really get into any Emperor after Anthems. Its not bad by no means, it just doesn't grab me at all like the first two releases.

johnmansley 2011-06-12 20:15

I love IX Equilibrium, but I can't get into Prometheus.

Spun Wormrot's new record, Dirge, the other day. It's as feral as I expected! Thank Darwin for Wormrot; they're the only band filling a massive Insect Warfare-shaped hole in my musical heart.

DameFraMorkum 2011-06-13 06:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Aw yeah, I'm with you. Unfortunately I can't really get into any Emperor after Anthems. Its not bad by no means, it just doesn't grab me at all like the first two releases.

I'm with you on this one. There are a few later songs I like off of equilibrium and Prometheus like that song where he's all like "iiiiiiicaruuuuuus I daaaaaaaare youuuuuuu" and the other one where he's all " and after years in dark dungeons... They came to silence......................... der was nawfing." plus the cool piano intro. As a whole though, both albums are pretty boring and repetitive.

Dyldo 2011-06-13 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
I'm with you on this one. There are a few later songs I like off of equilibrium and Prometheus like that song where he's all like "iiiiiiicaruuuuuus I daaaaaaaare youuuuuuu" and the other one where he's all " and after years in dark dungeons... They came to silence......................... der was nawfing." plus the cool piano intro. As a whole though, both albums are pretty boring and repetitive.

Hahaha! Sometimes when I hear someone say the word "nothing" I have to say under my breath "der was nawfing" because it sounds so fucking hilarious and cracks me up every time. Norwegian accents don't really sound like that so I don't understand why Ihsahn does. Maybe its only when they whisper things or talk to children.

But yes, I think Prometheus and Equilibrium both lack that awesome magic atmosphere that prevails through Anthems and Nightside. I respect that they're not just trying to reproduce those two albums, though, as I think that'd be worse. Who wants to hear the same story over and over as it becomes less epic every time?

Cunty Shunt 2011-06-13 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Spun Wormrot's new record, Dirge, the other day. It's as feral as I expected! Thank Darwin for Wormrot; they're the only band filling a massive Insect Warfare-shaped hole in my musical heart.

One of the best grind bands at the moment. Basically what grind should be.

Dyldo 2011-06-13 09:44

I have not heard Wormrot. I'll check out Dirge sometime soon.

johnmansley 2011-06-13 20:01

Their first album Abuse is pretty mega too.

And, Cunty, yep; at the moment they're pretty much the standard bearers for grind, at least in my eyes.

Dyldo 2011-06-16 12:05

Haven't heard it yet, but I just have to say again that the new Gridlink has been melting my fucking face off over the last week. I love it. Its been part of my morning routine. Grindcore and coffee! I also really enjoy the recording quality. It isn't compressed to hell, isn't trigger-happy, and all the instruments are mixed very well.

johnmansley 2011-06-20 20:13

Orphan is fucking great stuff. Just wish there was more of it.

johnmansley 2011-06-22 19:47

Just checked out Worthless, the new album from Weekend Nachos. Despite the ridiculous name, there's some pretty decent grindy-powerviolence going on.

Cunty Shunt 2011-06-22 20:23

Gridlink is great. Good to see members of Discordance Axis working again.

Weekend Nachos is one of the worst names ever. They are Chicago guys so I see them every so often. Always good live.

Dyldo 2011-06-23 09:54

Weekend Nachos? Haha, fucking come on.

Gomli 2011-12-06 12:13

Nasum reformed for some farewell shows. Looks like I'm going to see them next year


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:01.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.