MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Suffocation is back together! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3070)

Disciple 2002-09-03 16:39

Suffocation is back together!

All you need to know.

It'll be the Effigy lineup but without Doug Cerrito. Awesome news.

memnoch 2002-09-03 17:07

Cool. New album in the works?? Or just touring?

Disciple 2002-09-03 17:09

First a tour and then they plan to do a new album. Great,eh?

Hellhammer 2002-09-05 14:08

F'in fantastic! Best news I've heard all day. Or week, I dunno. Despise the Sun was immense, but not long enough - hopefully we'll get a follow up now... :D

Hello, I'm new by the way.

DELETE79 2002-09-05 15:06

IS THIS A FUCKIN JOKE !!!!!! SUFFOCATION !!!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

WE'LL THIS IS A GREAT NEWS BUT THEY'LL MISS CERRITO ALOT.

slayme_returns 2002-09-05 15:24

i read this a couple weeks ago, too bad Cerrito isn't in the line up.

The Crying Orc 2002-09-05 16:59

Holy shit.

The Crying Orc 2002-09-08 16:17

Suffocation

I'm sure most of you have heard the news that Suffocation is getting back together to tour and write a new album.
But it's going to be a little bit different of a line-up.
Doug Cerrito (one of the Guitarist's) isn't coming back, and neither is Josh Barohn (Bass).
the Bassist of Internal Bleeding is joining, and I think Chris is going to be the second Guitarist (I forgot what album(s) he was on).

I think this is good, and bad.
First off.....
Bad thing is, Mike Smith (Drums), and Terrance Hobbs (Guitars) aren't really into Death Metal anymore.
You can check out Mike Smith's current project titled "Grimm Evil" on mp3.com

And I don't think they will have that much attack as a Grind band as they did before, but then you have to think, they're old too.
The good thing is, that SUFFOCATION IS BACK TOGETHER!

I want all your thought's, and opinion's on this... whoever is interested.

Hellhammer 2002-09-08 16:45

Anything less than "Despise the Sun" part 2 may well be a bit disappointing. If Mike's got a project on the go then would he mind reverting to his Effigy style? Hard to tell, but it's always sadder to see great bands come back with a lame effort than to go out in a 15 minute blaze of glory.

The Crying Orc 2002-09-08 17:05

I was thinking if Mike is going to go back to his Effigy style Drumming as well, I hope he does, he fucking shreds (or used to).

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing them again, I'm sure they will play the classics, and they might do a good job at it. I'm still going to see how they are now, live.

Hellhammer 2002-09-09 15:58

He he, looks like it's just us two on this one.

Good point about playing the classics - if they're reforming to tour initially, then I guess they're kinda obliged to play the back catalogue ;). No bad thing at all. I think they're sensible enough not to then come out with something that's completely at odds with what they've done before.

If I hear that they've hired a female vocalist then ignore everything I've just said...

This link is of no real use at the moment, but it might get more interesting:
http://www.teufelstomb.com/suffocation/

The Crying Orc 2002-09-09 21:19

Yeah, I was kind of expecting INVERTED and Memnoch to post here, guess there isn't that many people here that know of good music like Suffocation, but oh well. Their loss....
:p

I'm looking forward to them playing their classics, I know they will, because they know we want them to!

memnoch 2002-09-10 05:12

http://www.metaltabs.com/forum/show...=&threadid=3070

I already posted about the new Suffocation in this thread started about a week before yours.

I only have one Suffocation CD, and it's "Human Waste". I like it a lot, but i'm no Suffocation expert, so i don't really have much else to say except that i'm looking forward to this new album.

Brutal metal rules!:cool:

Disciple 2002-09-10 12:04

"Human Waste" is just a demo.

Buy "Effigy of the forgotten","Breeding the spawn" and "Pierced from Within" before they're out of print like most early nineties roadrunner/roadracer deathmetal releases seem to get lately.

"Despise the sun" was re-released by Relapse recently,that one crushes too allthough it's only 5 songs. I have the original Vulture records version.

memnoch 2002-09-10 15:11

I think Human Waste was the only Suffocation album at the store. But i'll try getting my hands on one of those.

This is a little off topic, but i'm sure you or orcy would know. Are Gorguts' first 2 albums out of print? They were on RoadRunner (i think) and those albums were in the earlier 90's......but i can't find em anywhere, only the newer 2.

DELETE79 2002-09-10 16:57

I REALLY LIKE SUFFOCATION... IF I'M INTO DEATH METAL NOW IT'S BECAUSE OF THEM. ALL THEIR ALBUM ARE GREAT BUT FOR A NEWER FAN I WOULDN'T SUGGEST
BREEDING THE SPAWN... THE PRODUCTION SUCK REALLY BAD...IT'S SAD BECAUSE
IT COULD HAVE BEEN THEIR BEST ALBUM. IT TOOK ME AGE TO LISTEN TO IT
OBJECTIVELY AND TAKE THE PRODUCTION ASIDE.

The Crying Orc 2002-09-10 22:08

"BUT FOR A NEWER FAN I WOULDN'T SUGGEST
BREEDING THE SPAWN"

True.

Effigy of The Forgotten is one of the best albums I think. I love those triplets on Inbreeding The Spawn. :cool:

Raven427 2002-09-11 00:11

I like Perced From Within best. I havn't heard Breeding the Spawn yet but I will pick it up soon.

Disciple 2002-09-11 15:13

Breeding the spawn sounds good to me,except for the bassdrums which don't sound as nice as on the other albums. The guitars sound a little more trebblier too. The bass sounds absolutely awesome though. It's a deathmetal classic.

As for the Gorguts albums: I don't know,they could be out of print or close to it. Anyway Roadrunner stopped printing most of those death metal records in the late nineties,the ones that are still made have been re-released like the Sepultura,Obituary and Deicide albums. But the original Roadracer of those releases are rare too (I have them though :D ).

The Crying Orc 2002-09-11 17:39

Yaeh, it's hard to find some Gorguts albums.
Well, all of them except From Wisdom To Hate.

Same goes for Immolation, you can only find Close To A World Below.

Even though I have all the Suffocation albums, I just don't see them in stores when I'm looking around in S catagories. That's a bummer man.