MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hahaha...Joey DeMai of Man-O-War (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30587)

Cunty Shunt 2006-06-11 21:28

Hahaha...Joey DeMai of Man-O-War

I was just reading about him on wikipedia.org and came across this gem:

"DeMaio is a practitioner of martial arts and weightlifting, and is also a great fan of motorcycles (Manowar frequently ride on to stage on Harley's). He is also considered by fans to be one of the most extreme heavy metal musicians to ever live, shown with his amazing 8-string piccolo bass skills. He also has a glass eye."

Why would it mention his glass eye so randomly like that?

moe_blunts 2006-06-11 22:49

even though it IS made up, this is one of my favorite manowar articles:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/in...?newsitemID=100

also, the quotes from joey on wikipedia are hilarious

Cunty Shunt 2006-06-12 04:23

That was great. I wish it was real. Man-O-War = comedy.

Ten Ton Alien 2006-06-12 05:40

Manowar are gods sent to earth.

HAIL AND KILL!!!

far_beyond_sane 2006-06-12 11:55

Other bands PLAY!

Manowar CROSS-DRESS!

obrien20 2006-06-12 13:22

Manowar is fun.

Anubis 2006-06-12 18:12

Manowar are quite possibly the shittiest actual metal band in the sort of straight metal genre. Maybe not as bad as some of the really bland ones, but their lyrics are so horrible that they're not even laughable, and the music is the same thing, over and over and over and FUCKING OVER again.

However, I will say that Demaio's ability to play flight of the bumblebee is impressive.

Transient 2006-06-12 18:14

blood of the kings is a great song

and pleasure slave

Panda 2006-06-12 18:23

Quote:
come to us, to our studio, and we will teach you the primitive ways of hunting, gathering, conquering and pillaging. These old ways of survival will be useful soon, as it has become obvious that Manowar's uncompromising Sonic Savagery is too strong for civilization itself to endure. Once the Blood-Forged Might of our Victorious Anthems cause this weak-willed Society and its trappings to crumble, the World's Loudest Band will lead you all to a new era, where Real Men hunt for their meat in the woods, and Fuck their Metal Maidens with Lust and Pride near a roaring fire next to a cave, while drinking their Beer from a hollowed horn and bellowing praises to the Old Gods

I never laughed harder. This is so funny. I laughed for like 20 mins and I haven't calmed down yet. Prolly the most stupid thing I have heard from a musician until now. oh my god :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

moe_blunts 2006-06-12 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Manowar are quite possibly the shittiest actual metal band in the sort of straight metal genre. Maybe not as bad as some of the really bland ones, but their lyrics are so horrible that they're not even laughable, and the music is the same thing, over and over and over and FUCKING OVER again.

However, I will say that Demaio's ability to play flight of the bumblebee is impressive.

pure blasphemy. manowar is the result of washed up roadies for black sabbath having a good time with a ridiculous theme. so theatrical, so fun to lip synch, so fun to interpretive dance to in a leotard.......

Cunty Shunt 2006-06-12 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
but their lyrics are so horrible that they're not even laughable,

Oh they're laughable alright.

Anubis 2006-06-13 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
Oh they're laughable alright.

At first I guess, but eventually it just pisses me off that they actually get praise for that shit.

The Doctor 2006-06-13 02:58

manowar is defenetly cool. wheels of fire is a real thrasher

Robbie Filth 2006-06-13 10:28

These guys are proper gay and you can't deny it.

http://ochoblog.canalblog.com/images/manowar.jpg

:idea:

Dahmers Fridge 2006-06-13 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
pure blasphemy. manowar is the result of washed up roadies for black sabbath having a good time with a ridiculous theme. so theatrical, so fun to lip synch, so fun to interpretive dance to in a leotard.......

But some how they've made a career out of it!! :confused:

And they signed their record contract in their own blood!

BLLLLAAAAACCCCK WIND FFIIIIRRRREEEE AND steeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL!

I think it's great that future generations can enjoy the mirth this band create!

far_beyond_sane 2006-06-13 13:06

Hahahahahahaha this is even worse than I thought.

Cunty Shunt 2006-06-13 14:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

Hahaha, awesome.

Ten Ton Alien 2006-06-13 14:13

devoid of any sarcasm or irony, i have to say that Manowar is indeed my favourite band of all time. i own every single full lenght, as well as countless bootlegs and DVDs. i have 4 shirts and on my bedroom's door there's this huge poster of Manowar's Triumph of Steel.

i know all lyrics and i've seen them at least 5 time live, both in Portugal and Spain.

when i'm lost on some strange place, i always scream SIGN OF THE HAMMER... BE MY GUIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.

i love Manowar that much.

Dahmers Fridge 2006-06-13 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
devoid of any sarcasm or irony, i have to say that Manowar is indeed my favourite band of all time. i own every single full lenght, as well as countless bootlegs and DVDs. i have 4 shirts and on my bedroom's door there's this huge poster of Manowar's Triumph of Steel.

i know all lyrics and i've seen them at least 5 time live, both in Portugal and Spain.

when i'm lost on some strange place, i always scream SIGN OF THE HAMMER... BE MY GUIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.

Okay phhwww phhhhwww*whistles nonchalantly* step away from the keyboard :p

Cunty Shunt 2006-06-13 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien

Wow, just wow. Your seriousness just took away a lot of the fun I was having.