MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vocal Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   what style is this considered? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30262)

Lillums6969 2006-05-27 22:12

what style is this considered?

before you flame me i did search about this-
hey guys, ive been searching around here and im not sure what style this screaming is considered in the song numchucknorris by moorland on purevolume.com/moorland

if anyone could tell me what it is and if it requires anything in particular to be done differently than say 'guttoral' screams etc. then you have my many thanks

Transient 2006-05-27 22:42

ill tell you how to do it

bend over and take it like an inmate

generic hardcore forced garbage.

MorbidGuitar 2006-05-27 23:24

its called "The little em0 boy scream"

also known as the "I wear too much hair gel scream"

Lillums6969 2006-05-28 01:53

anyone care to offer a bit more information on my actual question rather then referring to it as 'garbage' and 'emo'?
otherwise, if anyone knows any other forums more geared towards that [i know moorland isent exactly metal] let me know because this is about the only forum i can find on screaming.

The.Jester.Race 2006-05-28 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
ill tell you how to do it

bend over and take it like an inmate

generic hardcore forced garbage.

rofl :D

mortpayne 2006-05-28 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillums6969
anyone care to offer a bit more information on my actual question rather then referring to it as 'garbage' and 'emo'?

No.

newHELLonEARTH 2006-05-28 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillums6969
any other forums more geared towards that

http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

MorbidGuitar 2006-05-28 20:07

who the hell keeps deleting my posts??????

Lillums6969 2006-05-29 01:03

lol that link was funny.

well does anyone like unearth, whatabout them?

mrmastodon32690 2006-05-29 18:45

Hmmm.

It's definitely a metalcore twist.

I think many people have their heads up their ass and need to expand their horizons. It's a form of metalcore. The fact is, the emocore/hardcore/metalcore genre was evolved from Thrash and Punk bands, so if you're a Slayer or Megadeth fan, you shouldn't be dissing it. Dave Mustaine approved the newest Norma Jean album as 'A Work of Metallic Art'.

If you like it, try listening to

-Poison the Well
-Norma Jean
-Between the Buried and Me

Transient 2006-05-29 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmastodon32690
It's definitely a metalcore twist.

I think many people have their heads up their ass and need to expand their horizons. It's a form of metalcore. The fact is, the emocore/hardcore/metalcore genre was evolved from Thrash and Punk bands, so if you're a Slayer or Megadeth fan, you shouldn't be dissing it. Dave Mustaine approved the newest Norma Jean album as 'A Work of Metallic Art'.

mustaine also didnt want to share with stage with dissection cause they're anti-religion. i really respect HIS opinion.he fully understands what metal is about these days

mrmastodon32690 2006-05-29 19:19

I'm sorry, I can't tell if it's sarcasm since there is no vocal tone in typed words.

Transient 2006-05-29 19:36

its bitter sarcasm intended to reflect my distaste for mustaine. if his opinion on metal is so skewed as to prohibit playing on the stage as dissection his recommendation means absolutely nothing to me. so far as to actually take his recommendation as a kiss of death

mrmastodon32690 2006-05-29 19:40

alright. well, that's your opinion. my point was, that metalcore is a good genre, "pure" or "unpure" as far as metal goes. I just don't see why it's hated on so much, but i respect your opinion

Requiem 2006-05-30 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
who the hell keeps deleting my posts??????

You?

newHELLonEARTH 2006-05-31 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmastodon32690
alright. well, that's your opinion. my point was, that metalcore is a good genre, "pure" or "unpure" as far as metal goes. I just don't see why it's hated on so much, but i respect your opinion

it's hated on because, no matter what it was influenced by.. it sucks.

ImBored 2006-05-31 17:09

why do people on this site always flame out against stuff that isnt necessarily death or thrash etc? Its not called DEATHMETALTABS.COM or shit its metaltabs.com. Its just a little annoying when someone posts something like, maybe concerning metalcore, and the threads devolve in to a discussion about how they shouldnt like it.

God damn

newHELLonEARTH 2006-05-31 17:26

Ehh, I guess I'm being a little ignorant, but I'm not saying Death and Thrash are the only good metal genres, I'm not gunna bash everything that's not brutal, but goddamnit I just really hate metalcore.

Lichmistress 2006-06-08 14:52

Agreed.
But before you diss any genre of metal(except numetal), just remember that its better than everything else.

The.Jester.Race 2006-06-09 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichmistress
Agreed.
But before you diss any genre of metal(except numetal), just remember that its better than everything else.

o0?