MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Superman Returns looks fuckin lame! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30202)

Cyberwaste 2006-05-24 05:22

Superman Returns looks fuckin lame!

I was just watching the trailers for this movie & every scene i saw was dumb as fuck! Its like they are trying to cross that gayass Smallville show with the old Superman movies. I grew up on the original Christopher Reeve movies & those were cool as hell, but in this one all the actors are real young & to me it just doesnt look right. The new costume looks stupid also & they are using the old music too! WTF, Ok thats it im done ranting about it. After watching the trailers i got a little pissed, lol!

Transient 2006-05-24 05:28

ALL MOVIES look fucking lame

Cyberwaste 2006-05-24 05:45

Its like they are taking all the old cool retro stuff & severely fuckin it up! Im fuckin tired of it!

OpethFan 2006-05-24 05:47

Ever notice how superman is a really lame superhero name?

Super Man...

almost as bad as

Action Man

Of course its going to suck, when they try re-create old movies, they are cheesey as fuck. Cheesey as fuck was tolerated in those days, and when you bring it to cinema again, its bollocks.

Look at King Kong for an example

Dahmers Fridge 2006-05-24 06:17

Best thing is to avoid any film that is being touted as a summer blcokbuster or has the tag line 'This years must see movie' or is a remake of any kind, a comic book adaptation, stars Tom Cruise, has more special effects crew than cast members..infact if it comes from Hollywood avoid it! I hear hollywood is remaking the Pulse, but they've had to give it an audience friendly ending because the original was too dark :mad:

Go with the independant film makers or foriegn films where the people involved are not bound by pop-corn, eye candy rules!

metal_monkey 2006-05-24 06:38

don't watch it if you think its lame shit

ImBored 2006-05-24 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
ALL MOVIES look fucking lame

OOOH CONTROVERSIAL! Take THAT, movie industry as a whole!

PST 88 2006-05-24 08:15

Transient doesn't know the pleasures of the unexaggerated statement. He also doesn't like things that other people like. He stands off to the side, in that herd of clever, commentating non-conformists.

And yeah, it looks lame. I doubt you could ride it for more than 20 feet before it gave out.

mortpayne 2006-05-24 09:05

Any superhero whose disguise is "glasses? or no glasses? oooo WHO AM I?!?!" is lame.

Transient 2006-05-24 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
He also doesn't like things that other people like. He stands off to the side, in that herd of clever, commentating non-conformists.

that itself was an exaggerated statement. i love the sopranos, family guy and curb your enthusiasm. all of which are very well liked by other people

popular movies i liked?

not so many. i havent been to the theaters since the latest starwars and that was out of grudging duty

but they are out there

thanks for putting your words in my mouth though. i know its sometimes difficult to use them all in your posts, but god knows you try

PST 88 2006-05-24 19:05

Actually it was a sarcastic statement, along the lines of claiming that Norwegians are allowed to kill somebody so long as they come up with an unused motive. And, in that sense, it's a statement I still stand by. Unlike your quick step back from the 'all movies are lame' stance you first held in this thread.

Not being to theaters mean precisely nothing in the world of the quick-to-DVD release and the home theater system. Seeing something three months later than everyone else doesn't constitute not seeing it. Especially as you've said in your posts in the movie thread that you liked various movies that were well-received. Don't lie to me just because this is the internet.

Transient 2006-05-24 19:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Actually it was a sarcastic statement, along the lines of claiming that Norwegians are allowed to kill somebody so long as they come up with an unused motive. And, in that sense, it's a statement I still stand by. Unlike your quick step back from the 'all movies are lame' stance you first held in this thread.

it WAS an exaggeration and i proved it. i have no problem with that at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pst

Not being to theaters mean precisely nothing in the world of the quick-to-DVD release and the home theater system. Seeing something three months later than everyone else doesn't constitute not seeing it. Especially as you've said in your posts in the movie thread that you liked various movies that were well-received. Don't lie to me just because this is the internet.

well ok, ill clarify. i dont rent DVDs either. i like some movies as i already gladly admitted to

im not lying to you pst

PST 88 2006-05-24 23:34

Clarify further. Few of those sentences make much sense.

Robbie Filth 2006-05-25 02:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
Ever notice how superman is a really lame superhero name?

Superman is a lame bellend anyway.

http://www.superdickery.com/dick/1.html

powersofterror 2006-05-25 16:39

Haven't seen the trailers, but I liked the 4 original movies.

newHELLonEARTH 2006-05-25 17:29

Fuck, every movie coming out seems to be a remake or something along those lines.

brainsforbreakfast 2006-05-25 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
Fuck, every movie coming out seems to be a remake or something along those lines.

Because they finaly realised that original scripts aren't orginal annyway, so they could just skip the story making process,

Cloaca 2006-05-26 02:36

ya reckon.

brainsforbreakfast 2006-05-26 11:52

Christopher Reeves, the guy that did the old superman, was lame, litteraly..

PST 88 2006-05-26 15:04

Very true.