MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classified Ads (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   LONDON BASSIST needed in Prog Band!! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30180)

Root_of_it_all 2006-05-23 11:47

LONDON BASSIST needed in Prog Band!!

Hey guys I just joined! But basically, this is the story.
A band has been going for quite a while and is nearly complete. It is currently two guitarists, a drummer and a keyboardist, and so we are still in need of a bassist. Loads of material has been written. (mainly instrumentals up to this point because we are still in search of a signer). We are situated in London, normally jamming in South west London (Kingston) and west London (Acton), but will travel as long as it is reasonable. We need a bassist who can fill in that essential part of the music, and someone who can adapt to things quickly. We are an epic progressive band, with heavy, jazzy and funky grooves and we write mainly progressive rock/metal, but also ambience, jazz, blues, funk, anything that feels right!! If you’re interested in joining the band as the bassist, email me for info at mrbeekle@hotmail.com. Material can be given to those interested, so get training and let us know if you want to join!

Influences include: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, Opeth, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Devin Townsend, Threshold, and SO many artists from all of the different genres i mentioned! Get back to me! Peace
Pete

P.S i hope this is the right place to post. I did search around before posting so i think it is!

Disincarnate 2006-05-23 12:26

Classified's

Root_of_it_all 2006-05-25 04:23

ah sorry :P i looked in here and i thought it was just for selling gear! thanks

far_beyond_sane 2006-05-27 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_of_it_all
Hey guys I just joined! But basically, this is the story.
A band has been going for quite a while and is nearly complete. It is currently two guitarists, a drummer and a keyboardist, and so we are still in need of a bassist. Loads of material has been written. (mainly instrumentals up to this point because we are still in search of a signer). We are situated in London, normally jamming in South west London (Kingston) and west London (Acton), but will travel as long as it is reasonable. We need a bassist who can fill in that essential part of the music, and someone who can adapt to things quickly. We are an epic progressive band, with heavy, jazzy and funky grooves and we write mainly progressive rock/metal, but also ambience, jazz, blues, funk, anything that feels right!! If you’re interested in joining the band as the bassist, email me for info at mrbeekle@hotmail.com. Material can be given to those interested, so get training and let us know if you want to join!

Influences include: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, Opeth, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Devin Townsend, Threshold, and SO many artists from all of the different genres i mentioned! Get back to me! Peace
Pete

P.S i hope this is the right place to post. I did search around before posting so i think it is!

Retarded queerfucks who like posting crap in this forum - the above post is exactly how you are supposed write these things.

Hope you find a decent bassist, you pommy bastard.

Root_of_it_all 2006-05-27 10:43

excuse me, i dont know what i've done, but was that insluting me?

MetalThrashingMad 2006-05-27 10:47

It was a compliment, by someone who does not give compliments.

Root_of_it_all 2006-05-27 10:52

compliment? i cant see it. but ok

Soeru 2006-05-27 12:28

Damn, I hope you find one mate, I think you won't have much trouble though. You'll surely be able to see something in newspaper ads, especially in the capital. Good luck.

Root_of_it_all 2006-05-28 08:47

cheers dude. it isn't easy though. Trying to find someone in London, who is willing to be committed, and who is into the same style. we will keep searching though!

Soeru 2006-05-29 08:50

I figured those kinds bands are very big in the UK, I'm sure you'll find a load of people, just look at the right places like gigs and metal clubs/bars/etc.