MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Gutteral Secrete (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29855)

Dissection 2006-05-07 16:15

New Gutteral Secrete

http://www.unmatchedbrutality.com/

Mp3 can be found on the main page.
Its sick.

Sadly the album is called "Reek of Pubescent Despoilment." Which is probably why no matter how good these bands are, they'll never really be taken seriously.

Transient 2006-05-07 16:31

OOOOOOOOOOLD news but i love this band

cant wait for the whole album

MetalThrashingMad 2006-05-07 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Sadly the album is called "Reek of Pubescent Despoilment." Which is probably why no matter how good these bands are, they'll never really be taken seriously.

You're right, and it is a real shame sometimes, because they make it more difficult to keep metal alive.

Transient 2006-05-07 16:47

sure blame GS' lack of mainstream acceptance on having "pubescent" in their song title. its definitely not the vocals! damn lyrics

as for the rest of the metal scene taking them seriously.... most of the people who like the really really brutal stuff DO take it seriously. ever go to a devourment forum? its odd.

MetalThrashingMad 2006-05-07 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
as for the rest of the metal scene taking them seriously.... most of the people who like the really really brutal stuff DO take it seriously. ever go to a devourment forum? its odd.

Hmm, I haven't, maybe I'll look in to that :/

Transient 2006-05-07 17:20

google devourment, scroll down a few links and look for devourment fan forum

theres a dude who idolizes some serial killer to the point of having sig/screename/ etc..

Zionist 2006-05-07 20:09

I was almost in this band, but I didn't feel like going to Oregon. Sweet new track though.

Dissection 2006-05-08 06:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
I was almost in this band, but I didn't feel like going to Oregon. Sweet new track though.

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
You're right, and it is a real shame sometimes, because they make it more difficult to keep metal alive.

Yes, and with the majority of newer metal being "core", I'm doubting how long good old brutal death metal will be alive. Granted, I love metalcore, but it seems to be inadvertantly destroying good Death Metal. At least its acceptance, if you get what i mean.

Transient 2006-05-08 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Yes, and with the majority of newer metal being "core", I'm doubting how long good old brutal death metal will be alive. Granted, I love metalcore, but it seems to be inadvertantly destroying good Death Metal. At least its acceptance, if you get what i mean.

now you just sound like a retard

devourment
arsebreed
severe torture
prostitue disfigurement
dim mak
disgorge
sarcolytic

all bands that have new albums within a year or less. all brutal death. NO core

you dont know what youre talking about, something tells me you bought the new job for a cowboy EP and a shirt (size xx small of course) and think thats a good representation of the modern dm scene. music hasnt changed, you still have to LOOK for brutal bands. goratory are a good example of mingling core with brutal dm and they are wayyyyy closer to brutal DM than they are anything metalcore so i really don't get understand where you got this concept of metalcore seeping into brutal death metal and eliminating it

Dissection 2006-05-08 15:12

No, now YOU look like the retard.
Most of the newer and more popular acts are "core."
I didn't say that they didn't exist, I was just pointing out that it was being eclipsed by "core" bands. Christ.

Transient 2006-05-08 15:17

lol worst reply ever

NO.U SUCK! IM STILL RITE

K!

younguitarist 2006-05-08 17:25

Quote:
sarcolytic

I like their EP.

Transient 2006-05-08 17:31

props to you for sharing. perfect example of modern , 2005, pure brutal death metal. and theyre newly formed, further disproving bill

Dissection 2006-05-08 20:05

Friggin hell.
I didn't say there wasn't any good Brutal Death out there.
I said its been overshadowed by other things.

Now stop picking fights. This isn't elementary school.

Transient 2006-05-09 05:36

please, i am not picking fights i am showing you how terribly incorrect you are

you said brutal dm was going to dissappear, i punched you in the face with my list of modern active new brutal dm bands

the new guttural secrete song has bene out forever, same with the resection song,and neither seem to be released any time soon

obrien20 2006-05-09 06:58

Quote:
now you just sound like a retard

devourment
arsebreed
severe torture
prostitue disfigurement
dim mak
disgorge
sarcolytic

all bands that have new albums within a year or less. all brutal death. NO core

you dont know what youre talking about, something tells me you bought the new job for a cowboy EP and a shirt (size xx small of course) and think thats a good representation of the modern dm scene. music hasnt changed, you still have to LOOK for brutal bands. goratory are a good example of mingling core with brutal dm and they are wayyyyy closer to brutal DM than they are anything metalcore so i really don't get understand where you got this concept of metalcore seeping into brutal death metal and eliminating it

plus...

Stench Of Dismemberment
Degrade
Infested
Defeated Sanity (new album is in the works)
Wormed
Emeth (new album came out recently)
Severe Savior (new album is in the works)
Odious Mortem (new album is in the works)
to name a few.

johnmansley 2006-05-09 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
Defeated Sanity (new album is in the works)
Severe Savior (new album is in the works)

Cool, any more details on these, Marino?

Transient 2006-05-09 15:02

hey john check the forums at www.smnnews.com/board , memebers from both severed savior (mike gilbert) and defeated sanity (dont know) regularly post. i know you'd like it there

johnmansley 2006-05-09 15:18

Yeah, I think I've been there a couple of times but I generally don't get the time to browse anywhere but here (I only check out RoG once a week, well, did).

Cloaca 2006-05-11 09:20

Transient: That's Lille (drummer) from DS on the forums you testicle.

Mansley: Ze ROG forum is back up after its mysterious dissapearance.