MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Change of style (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2920)

DerMeister 2002-08-22 14:45

Change of style

I've just listened to Sentenced, and I wondered: weren't they death metal? It was just ordinary heavy metal I heard. And I've heard the same thing about Anathema. Have they just completely changed style?
I know Theatre of Tragedy did.
BTW, the vocalist of The Black League is the same as the one in Sentenced?

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-22 14:52

many metal bands change their style, i guess they get bored with one style. however, i'd say most style chnages have been good.

Anathema- very mellow and alternative now, with lots of acoustic guitar

Moonspell- with Darkness and hope they went way more mellow with catchy choruses and such

Theatre of Tragedy- Assembly rules...its quite techno though........

Amorphis- still heavy, but with a clean voice and catchy songs

memnoch 2002-08-22 14:54

Slayer kind of changed styles....i liked it on Diabolus....that was a kick ass album, but i think they went (or Kerry) a little too far on GHUA.

Testament seems to have changed a bit...or at least tuned their guitars a lot lower than they did before.

Meta....i mean.....that's all i can think of.

walpurgis 2002-08-22 14:57

I wouldn't be listening to Slayer if they wouldn't have changed, but that's just me, I know...

I just wanted to say, before it got brought up, not to bring up the band that always starts arguments around here. M*******A. This should be the only time they're mentioned.

slayme_returns 2002-08-22 15:10

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis
I wouldn't be listening to Slayer if they wouldn't have changed, but that's just me, I know...

I just wanted to say, before it got brought up, not to bring up the band that always starts arguments around here. M*******A. This should be the only time they're mentioned.

nice wally.

walpurgis 2002-08-22 15:17

Um....thanks?

slayme_returns 2002-08-22 17:33

i meant that in reference to the artist formerly known as M*******A

morbid_death 2002-08-22 19:58

wat about Ulver. wat the fuck happened there.

Arcturus changed when Simen (ICS Vortex) left to work on Dimmu fulltime and he did the same with Borknagar...now that i think about it, coincidently Arcturus and Borknagar have both gone down the same style track kinda...nice and classy. doesn't Borknagar now have the guy from Vintersorg?

CC changed to more a of a death-grind style with Fischer

Theatre of Tragedy went from being a cool sorrow/doom band to an electro pop/industrial pop band

i'm sure theres many more

OpethRules 2002-08-22 20:07

Quote:
Originally posted by slayme_returns
i meant that in reference to the artist formerly known as M*******A

lol, I have no business here then.

atifman 2002-08-22 21:48

i'm not sure, but i think fear factory changed their style a little bit. it's weird but on obsolete they kinda sound more nu-metallish then before.....i don't know about after obsolete

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-23 10:13

Quote:
Originally posted by atifman
i'm not sure, but i think fear factory changed their style a little bit. it's weird but on obsolete they kinda sound more nu-metallish then before.....i don't know about after obsolete

they did a lot on digimortal...the main thing i noticed was their song structures were made very more mainstream:

verse-chorus-verse-chorus-VERY short interlude-chorus

it still was a good album though........

although it had a song with rap in it.....which really sucked........