MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nickelback walk off the stage after gettin pelted with bottles, rocks etc. (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2917)

slayme_returns 2002-08-21 22:46

Nickelback walk off the stage after gettin pelted with bottles, rocks etc.

hahaha, saw this shit at blabbermouth. they've even got a video of it. It's in Portugal by the way.

Never really seen this band before, but the frontman is doin his best James Hetfield stance.

http://66.250.116.11/Nickelback_-_Q...1p0n3.pt.vu.zip

morbid_death 2002-08-22 01:32

ahahha :D

Disciple 2002-08-22 07:07

"this is how you remind me of what i really am..."

pfff they're just a weak alternative rock band,good riddance.

far_beyond_sane 2002-08-22 08:11

Adam, your taste in good stuff precedes you...

Tee hee. The singer looks like Jesus. And I know where the hammer and the nails are!

far_beyond_sane 2002-08-22 08:51

Why did that crowd all pay to go see that concert? Did they all value the experience of shutting those twits down that much? How strange.

morbid_death 2002-08-22 09:05

maybe they were just a support act and nobody liked them :D

Disciple 2002-08-22 09:20

Who wouldn't pay to throw rocks at them :D

far_beyond_sane 2002-08-22 09:30

I feel a little sorry for them though, even if their music does suck. Guess it's actor's sympathy. Getting booed off is a really, really shitty experience.

uuuuhhhhhhh 2002-08-22 09:54

that made my day....:D

memnoch 2002-08-22 13:22

Quote:
Originally posted by far_beyond_sane
I feel a little sorry for them though, even if their music does suck. Guess it's actor's sympathy. Getting booed off is a really, really shitty experience.

Yeah that's true. I'm not hugely against nickelback so this does sadden me a little. They're just a rock band....rock is good.

MetalPoldi 2002-08-22 15:41

Woo, that happened to a german band (some sort of a boy band like Natural) at the 1.-may-festival. The singer was hitted (grammar?:) ) by a bottle and had a huge wound on his neck.

But that goes to far i think. You can hate a band, but it has not to mean that you have to attack them.

walpurgis 2002-08-22 15:43

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch

Yeah that's true. I'm not hugely against nickelback so this does sadden me a little. They're just a rock band....rock is good.

At least they're better than most of the mainstream shit that comes around nowadays...I don't listen to their songs very often, but I don't go out of my way to change it if I hear something of theirs.

memnoch 2002-08-22 16:07

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis

At least they're better than most of the mainstream shit that comes around nowadays...I don't listen to their songs very often, but I don't go out of my way to change it if I hear something of theirs.

Yeah, they don't really bother me at all.

The only song that's starting to piss me off is the Spiderman song he did with some other guy. It's overplayed....i hear it about twice or 3 times a night at work.

walpurgis 2002-08-22 16:20

I've only heard it a few times, that's why it doesn't really bother me. And that song How You Remind Me or whatever it's called is actually rather catchy.

atifman 2002-08-22 16:37

i disagree, and i have a feeling you haven't listened to their songs enough. i just don't like how their songs are set up. bad song structures and stuff.

powersofterror 2002-08-22 19:48

i think nickelback sucks goat balls, because they "remind me"hehehe of
alternative, and i can't stand alternative.

hey, how do you guys get that under your name, is it because ya'll
have over a 1000 posts or something.

slayme_returns 2002-08-22 20:11

its a mod privilege.

OpethRules 2002-08-22 20:23

Quote:

I actually agree with Memnoch here. There are a lot of worse bands out there than Nickelback.

OpethRules 2002-08-22 20:24

Quote:

Yeah, they don't really bother me at all.

The only song that's starting to piss me off is the Spiderman song he did with some other guy. It's overplayed....i hear it about twice or 3 times a night at work.

Yeah he did it with the dude from Saliva.

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-22 21:51

Quote:
Originally posted by atifman
i disagree, and i have a feeling you haven't listened to their songs enough. i just don't like how their songs are set up. bad song structures and stuff.

EXACTLY! i hate the way "how you remind me" is set up

verse1-chorus-verse2-chorus-verse1-chorus

there really is no interlude.........that sucks