MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Requesting a "Compositions" forum section (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29001)

Defiant Mind 2006-03-28 21:17

Requesting a "Compositions" forum section

I know there is already a thread for posting riffs and songs.. but it tends to get overflowed and no one actually pays attention to the songs..

I think (and probably other members too) that there should be a section reserved for invented songs (compositions) and that we could make "individual threads" about our songs..

If anyone else agrees on this.. please post.. Thanks for reading.

Transient 2006-03-28 21:18

maybe...but if someone has 20 songs thatd get annoying fast

maybe one thread per user?

Defiant Mind 2006-03-28 21:20

Yeah that would be a good idea.. let's see what the mods think..

Transylvania__ 2006-03-28 21:23

I completly agree with Defiant. I like to see other people's compositions, and I find going through the whole "post your riffs/songs" thread horrendously long, due to the enormous amount of posts (comments, conversations, etc.).

It would be a great idea if a new forum section was created especially for songs and compositions (not just riffs) , and going through individual threads would be much smoother and easier for everyone to take a look at each and everyone's songs.

PST 88 2006-03-29 01:04

I don't see a problem with 20 or more songs being written by the same person, each having its own thread. The poetry forum operates under that principle and I haven't had any complaints, and would ignore them as childish internet crap if I got them.

Sounds fine by me, so long as it doesn't just turn into a lot of 'this sucks' bullshit.

johnmansley 2006-03-29 02:38

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea.

Transient 2006-03-29 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I don't see a problem with 20 or more songs being written by the same person, each having its own thread. The poetry forum operates under that principle and I haven't had any complaints, and would ignore them as childish internet crap if I got them.

Sounds fine by me, so long as it doesn't just turn into a lot of 'this sucks' bullshit.

well a lot more people write music than lyrics though

Defiant Mind 2006-03-29 09:45

Good point Transient..

Also, the "authors" of the thread (the song writers) could ask for what kind of comments and suggestions they want.. like if they want negative feedback or if they want help to make the song better ..

Requiem 2006-03-29 15:36

That would be a very good idea

PST 88 2006-03-29 15:48

I wouldn't have a problem with more people writing poetry either. They should be getting specific feedback on specific songs; it makes sense to have specific threads for each song. Again, the same principle of the poetry forum.

newHELLonEARTH 2006-03-29 16:11

I think that's a pretty good Idea. I do notice songs getting forgotten when someone posts after you or something along those lines.

BeastOfCarrion 2006-03-29 16:42

Let us all go to
The poetry forum to
make threads on crap.

Transylvania__ 2006-03-29 17:09

Well, it would be most appreciated if such a forum section would be created as soon as possible. I have a new song that I'd like to show you! :)

Transient 2006-03-29 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
Let us all go to
The poetry forum to
make threads on crap.

lol haiku

guitar_demon 2006-03-29 18:43

whatever happened to the good old days when only long time member could get away with posting their songs, and now we want a song forum :rolleyes:

Infinity 2006-03-29 19:01

I think good idea, I think it's also a cool little custom personal touchto have your own thread for all songs cos it is true that there are alot more songs than lyrics and I'm sure that cos some people upload like 4 songs in the one post that they wouldn't wanna go thru the thread making process 4 times, where they can make one post in their one own thread. I think it's interesting and cool.

MetalThrashingMad 2006-03-29 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88

Yeah, good luck with that one. We ARE talking about a forum, here, at metaltabs, correct?

blizzard_beast 2006-03-29 21:32

I think it's a great idea. One thread doesn't really lend itself well to critique.

Robbie Filth 2006-03-30 15:25

Yeah i think its a cool plan aswell.

PST 88 2006-03-30 17:49

It's not hard to lock down on that type of crap in the specialized forums.

I don't think it should be compulsory to have one song per thread, or have one thread per songwriter. Whatever the person wants to do.