MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Most Representative Band from Each Country (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28783)

Lord_Seth 2006-03-20 17:06

Most Representative Band from Each Country
 
Metal it's listened in all over the world it has different styles, lyrics, themes, languages that make it's sound to be different and original.

So every country has it's most representative band, from mine i go for

Cenotaph

BeastOfCarrion 2006-03-20 17:13

Ac/Dc > Alll


On a more interesting note, it is a difficult question. Take a country like Germany - do you want representative bands like Rammstein wich everyone recognises as german, and represent the german music scene as a whole, or a band like Gut, which is porngrind and generally nobody knows about.

GOTE 2006-03-20 17:18

My country has a metal movement, most of it is bullshit, our culture
is so twisted, most Aus metal bands end up elsewhere
This country is lacking.
one would be SEGRESSION

Lord_Seth 2006-03-20 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion


On a more interesting note, it is a difficult question. Take a country like Germany - do you want representative bands like Rammstein wich everyone recognises as german, and represent the german music scene as a whole, or a band like Gut, which is porngrind and generally nobody knows about.



Actually i'm asking which band you think it's the most representative from each country i mean for you not for the rest of us someone may say for U.S. cacophony while others metallica while others megadeth .....

rapeandruin 2006-03-20 17:46

US...
80s
slayer, megadeth

90s
pantera, death

now
nile, immolation

just a guess...

Transient 2006-03-20 17:49

finland-bodom

holland-pestilence

germany-sodom

norway-darkthrone

czech-tooh

poland-decapitated



for their respective scenes (melodic metal, thrash etc)

BeastOfCarrion 2006-03-20 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTE
My country has a metal movement, most of it is bullshit, our culture
is so twisted, most Aus metal bands end up elsewhere
This country is lacking.
one would be SEGRESSION

I hope you are joking, otherwise that is the bigges pile of bulshit I have ever seen.

NuMustDie 2006-03-20 18:15

CANADA-CRYPTOPSY
These frenchman over here sure know their death metal!

Transient 2006-03-20 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMustDie
CANADA-CRYPTOPSY
These frenchman over here sure know their death metal!

nay, gorguts

NuMustDie 2006-03-20 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
nay, gorguts

Well if popularity has nothing to do with it I would have chose MARTYR

Zertonshfits 2006-03-20 18:42

Those were the 3 Canadian bands I was gonna put here.

timedragon 2006-03-20 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Seth
Actually i'm asking which band you think it's the most representative from each country i mean for you not for the rest of us someone may say for U.S. cacophony while others metallica while others megadeth .....

kind of seems the title doesnt really fit the topic. "representative"? oh well.

Austria-Summoning
Romania-Agathodaimon
Italy-Mourn in Silence
Germany-Falkenbach
Belgium-Ancient Rites
Denmark-Illnath
Ukraine-Nokturnal Mortum
New Zealand-Demoniac
Slovakia-Essence of Existence
Netherlands-God dethroned
United Kingdom-Cradle of filth
Canada-Cryptopsy
Sweden-Mithtoyn
Finland-Thy Serpent
Norway-Einherjer
United States-Death
France-Mirrorthrone
Greece-The elysian fields

that was easy, i already typed this up for another topic... just erased the ones i didnt care as much for, and the ones with two bands.

IlikeRiffseveryone 2006-03-20 19:38

Beneath the massacre.

sqol 2006-03-20 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
kind of seems the title doesnt really fit the topic. "representative"? oh well.

Austria-Summoning
Romania-Agathodaimon
Italy-Mourn in Silence
Germany-Falkenbach
Belgium-Ancient Rites
Denmark-Illnath
Ukraine-Nokturnal Mortum
New Zealand-Demoniac
Slovakia-Essence of Existence
Netherlands-God dethroned
United Kingdom-Cradle of filth
Canada-Cryptopsy
Sweden-Mithtoyn
Finland-Thy Serpent
Norway-Einherjer
United States-Death
France-Mirrorthrone
Greece-The elysian fields

that was easy, i already typed this up for another topic... just erased the ones i didnt care as much for, and the ones with two bands.


Cradle......CRADLE??

Maiden or Sabbath definately!

timedragon 2006-03-20 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Cradle......CRADLE??

Maiden or Sabbath definately!

hah, i own Vempire, Dusk and her embrace, Cruelty and the beast, From the cradle to enslave, Midian, Bitter suites to succubi, Damnation and a day, and Nymphetamine. and i love a couple, or more, songs of every one of them (and there is sentimental value included for many). so yeah, its either Cradle of filth, or Hecate enthroned :D

TruthDevoid 2006-03-21 01:10

I could be wrong, but i don't think he wanted your favorite bands from each country. I THINK he was asking for the band who's sound most....i can't think of the right word. like if someone were to ask you what american death metal sounds like, you could have them listen to suffocation to get a good idea of american death metal. I dunno, maybe not. fuck it

Transient 2006-03-21 06:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
I could be wrong, but i don't think he wanted your favorite bands from each country. I THINK he was asking for the band who's sound most....i can't think of the right word. like if someone were to ask you what american death metal sounds like, you could have them listen to suffocation to get a good idea of american death metal. I dunno, maybe not. fuck it

thats what my list was all bout

problematic 2006-03-21 07:04

Australia - Psycroptic (well, theyre from Tas, so it half counts)

New Zealand - Dawn of Azazel

mortpayne 2006-03-21 10:19

Maybe Meshuggah for Sweden? That's what came to my mind at least. And hopefully Slayer pops into peoples' heads when they think of American metal. :beer:

newHELLonEARTH 2006-03-21 10:49

Yeah, Cryptopsy Gorguts and Martyr


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.