MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Work? Study? Nothing at all? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2864)

far_beyond_sane 2002-08-17 03:39

Work? Study? Nothing at all?

I'm starting to wonder about the education level of certain people here.

But beyond that I'm just curious what everyone does with their lives...

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-08-17 06:23

During the school holifdays, i wish as little contact with people as possible, so its pretty much in here, on computer, listening to music, or Playing guitar, or Composing music...:D
And no i'm not dumb i passed my exams in may, so becuase i just wanna do fuck all and be alone, doesnlt mean i'm not clever :D :D

Rockabilly 2002-08-17 07:32

i kicked outa college, i rule. :D

Nemo 2002-08-17 10:43

Well, I'm in my 11th year in school. With awsome grades and all.

Tattered 2002-08-17 10:50

Boffin :D

DerMeister 2002-08-17 10:51

I start my studies at the University on monday. Planning on getting the Master degree in history. And perhaps philosophy, we'll see.

Tattered 2002-08-17 11:13

Boffin no.2 :D

AngelOfDeath 2002-08-17 11:27

I'm still in school... and it sucks. Work is piss easy and the teachers hate me. :( all I wanna do is listen to metal and play guitar, dude :D

OpethRules 2002-08-17 11:33

Still in high school.........school starts again on wednesday:(

AngelOfDeath 2002-08-17 11:40

Quote:
Originally posted by OpethRules
Still in high school.........school starts again on wednesday:(

gutted... school in UK starts again in a few weeks :D Only i have to come back from nice Greece tomorrow... arrrrrgh :mad: fuckin england sucks donkey ass and I don't wanna come home!!! and there's cheap metal-band shirts here! *goes off in mood*

OpethRules 2002-08-17 11:42

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelOfDeath

gutted... school in UK starts again in a few weeks :D Only i have to come back from nice Greece tomorrow... arrrrrgh :mad: fuckin england sucks donkey ass and I don't wanna come home!!! and there's cheap metal-band shirts here! *goes off in mood*

Heh, well I'm hoping school wont be such a total drag this year.

AngelOfDeath 2002-08-17 11:45

School in general is a drag :mad: Next year for math, i got the teacher who wants to butcher me, and kick me out of school in 1248358 tiny pieces in a Tesco carrier-bag. Help.

Head_split_Open 2002-08-17 12:03

between goin to school, band practice, playing shows, spending what little time i have left with my friends and my girlfriend, being on the internet quite a bit, and sleeping...... thats about it...

mrweijia 2002-08-17 13:05

i work 2 nights a week, hit the gym 3 times a week, play guitar, listen to music. once school starts, i'll be studying(not really, school's been getting easier every year yet i still have good grades) and as soon as december hits, i'll be playing rugby!!

mrweijia 2002-08-17 13:06

oh yeah, and as soon as my band gets organised and everyone's in the same city, we'll be having practises.

mrweijia 2002-08-17 13:14

hey man, i've got the same problem. i have an average drummer, but she's not really into metal and a bassist who's into stuff like the vines and the hives and etc.. but he likes acdc. and we dont have a singer either so this band is kinda fucked up.

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-17 14:07

dont be so sad about going back to school, i just graduated last year, and i wish i had another year of high school. after you graduate, you may miss it like me.....

walpurgis 2002-08-17 14:07

Graduated last year. Leaving for the Navy in probably a month.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, I'm sure many of you already know.

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-17 14:09

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis
Graduated last year. Leaving for the Navy in probably a month.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, I'm sure many of you already know.

you miss school?

walpurgis 2002-08-17 14:27

Quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic Penis

you miss school?

The only people I actually miss are two of my teachers. Mr. Ranck, because he was like a 28 year old version of me, he was awesome, and Mr. Ranta, because he is probably the smartest person I've ever known in my life.

I hated most of the people I went to school with, and I didn't learn a whole lot in school, to be honest with you. Couldn't keep my mind occupied enough to enjoy myself, so it sucked.

I guess this comes across as a No, but I'll also be basically in school for the Navy for a year. Nuclear Power school, which I'm sure will be much more challenging.

...of course, now that people are starting to leave for college and all, it's getting a little more depressing. It seems kinda weird that a lot of people you've known for years you might never see again. Just said goodbye to Dieff_54, my friend Brad today. I'll miss some people, but I won't miss many.