MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drums Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fruity Loops and Drumkit From Hell (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27668)

JacksonGuitars07 2006-02-07 19:24

Fruity Loops and Drumkit From Hell

OK, I now have both of these, but I am baffled. I just wanted to import the set so I can use the samples and whatnot, but now in my project theres a channel for each of the samples instead of only the ones I want. And also, how can I understand which sample is which? I've tried reading the manual.

Thanks

PS I have searched already but didn't find any similar topics.

NZ black metal drumm 2006-02-07 19:44

so you are saying that the channels aren't labelled as like 'kick, snare' etc and you have imported too many to know which ones are *Just* the ones you wanted?

well the solution is program a beat in that hits everything once, but in succession, not unison, so you will know what sample is being used on waht channel!

JacksonGuitars07 2006-02-07 20:05

My problem is not knowing which samples are which. And when I did select the ones I liked, how do I know which ones were the left hand hit and which were the right? And also, when I played the samples in Fruity Loops, they sounded different than when they played in Windows Media Player. ANd I know for a fact they are not the default samples. But I do know that somehow FL Studio makes them sound like crap.

NZ black metal drumm 2006-02-07 23:40

check the EQ settings in fruity loops and windows media player, as for the right and lefty hand hits, they should sound the same!!!!

JacksonGuitars07 2006-02-08 17:04

Just did that, still sounds like ubershit. What are some other sequencing programs?

I Play Drums 2006-02-08 18:10

You should get Fruity Loops 5: Producer Edition, it has more realistic samples and can be easier to use once you get the hang of it. You can download it from whatever file-sharing program you have, but just makes sure to get a crack for it as well.

ImBored 2006-02-13 14:58

For anyone who may read this, I have a question about fruity Loops.

I have midi drum tracks written. All I want to do is import them and use them as a pattern in fruity loops for FL's samples. So where I have my midi bass kick sample, I instead load in the realistic .wav sample every time that is played, like a sound font.

Is this possible ( I assume it is) and if so, how would I go about doing it? All I want is more realistic sounding midi automated tracks.

YJM04 2006-02-13 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Play Drums
You should get Fruity Loops 5: Producer Edition, it has more realistic samples and can be easier to use once you get the hang of it. You can download it from whatever file-sharing program you have, but just makes sure to get a crack for it as well.

screw 5 get 6, 6 is fucking crazy. more effects, presets ect.. the main highlight has got to be the new reverb 2