MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Organizing the lyrics section by genera? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27322)

Shreddist 2006-01-26 14:51

Organizing the lyrics section by genera?

Is there anyway you guys could organize the lyrics section by genera, because i think for most of us we can be really helpful in one genera, and really useless on others, it would just be easier to find the lyrics you could actually even help with. Even just making a sticky for each genera, i dont know, you guys are the masters ill leave it up to you! :beer:

Def 2006-01-26 17:40

No, that's bullshit.

and what's genera? genre?

PST 88 2006-01-26 19:21

Beyond being pointless, this would also be difficult. So I'll second 'no.'

Dyldo 2006-01-26 21:20

There's thousands of "genres" (if by genre you mean topic).

nomad 2006-01-27 03:01

I'm afraid the answer is no. The genre is an extremely ambiguous/subjective thing.

Requiem 2006-01-27 14:37

theres a lyrics section. where?

newHELLonEARTH 2006-01-27 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXSP3LLBOUNDXXX
theres a lyrics section. where?

Poetry Lyrical.
fuck you're stupid.

deathxleprosyx 2006-12-26 08:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
No, that's bullshit.

i agree

yeah u spelled genre wrong and honestly do u know how many genre's there would be

Chris Rezendes 2007-01-02 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
No, that's bullshit.

Genera is the plural form of genus, which constitutes the first of the binomial nomenclature under which we scientifically categorize all living things.

Genus is the like the first name in Eastern cultures or the last name in Western cultures, with species being the less important first name. Genera are always capitalized, species are never capitalized. Both genera and species should always be italicized in the case of electronic writing, with the exception that the rest of the work is italicized, in which case genera and species are specifically not italicized. In the case of hand written work, genera and species names should be underlined.

Example- Cannabis sativa.

Cannabis is the genus, and sativa is the specific member of the genus Cannabis, aka species name.

Blood Red Bass 2007-01-02 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Genera is the plural form of genus, which constitutes the first of the binomial nomenclature under which we scientifically categorize all living things.

Genus is the like the first name in Eastern cultures or the last name in Western cultures, with species being the less important first name. Genera are always capitalized, species are never capitalized. Both genera and species should always be italicized in the case of electronic writing, with the exception that the rest of the work is italicized, in which case genera and species are specifically not italicized. In the case of hand written work, genera and species names should be underlined.

Example- Cannabis sativa.

Cannabis is the genus, and sativa is the specific member of the genus Cannabis, aka species name.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unanything 2007-01-03 17:19

Most of us lyricists don't write by genre anyway, we write by what comes to us. And I myself can stray across many topics or genres in one piece.

L,B'XXX 2007-01-08 21:00

I'd have to have my own. I'm a mixologist.

I think it's good to have all kinds. That's how I've learned alot. I even read one of the hardest things I've ever attempted to read by Allen Ginsberg just because someone scoffed at me for not. NEVER AGAIN! I almost fell asleep.

But anyways, I think it's a good forum here. The no holds barred subjects make it attractive. I could not post non-metal pieces here, but I think a breather from the usual is okay. And there's a few people who do like them. It also shows versitality.

PST 88 2007-01-09 12:44

Ginsberg hard? It's just a flow of sounds, just like Bob Dylan's more obscure moments. The people he was moving against were hard.

Anyway, this isn't happening. Isn't there some generic discussion thread in Poetry/Lyrical for what's going on in this thread now, anyway?

L,B'XXX 2007-01-10 07:36

Yeah, it's way down the board somewhere. We talked about a discussion thread ages ago and it's there somewhere.

I don't want to get involved with a Ginsberg discussion, but I think the tedium and listlike rambling was what was getting to me. I couldn't wait for the drone to be over.

I think this is the thread at the lyrics forum. http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthre...highlight=ideas

PST 88 2007-01-12 13:36

Bump the thread.

And there's no drone if you read out loud and let the content not matter. If you keep thinking 'this is a list,' you'll get bored, but if you just dig the sounds you'll be fine.