MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bass Videos! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26066)

Tattered 2005-12-04 09:35

Bass Videos!
 
Thought this might interest some people.
This is a thread where you can post links to bass videos on the net, upload, or just streaming links.

Flea and Chad smith (Old rhcp jam)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...25657627&q=flea


Nice solo by victor wooten, with amazing grace at the end

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=victor+wooten


An old billy sheehan 8 minute live bass solo video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=Billy+sheehan


Stu hamm doing a melodic piece and then his Country music..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...8114&q=stu+hamm


Ill find some more and post them up when i do, feel free to add.

:beer:

walpurgis 2005-12-04 13:22

Victor Wooten kicks ass. He should be wearing a Darkthrone hoodie though.

I've learned the first part of the Stu Hamm solo, from the beginning until where he starts playing Beethoven. It's fun to play, and obviously sounds really good. That solo is off Satch's Live in San Francisco DVD.

Disincarnate 2005-12-04 14:18

the sheehan solo is kick ass :beer:

Amadeus 2005-12-04 14:21

The bassists I play with are simply going to love this. My thanks.

Tattered 2005-12-04 17:33

More videos:

Victor wooten and his brother have a slap/thump dual, Bass day 98.

http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/pvids/bassbattle.wmv

Bill clements: outstanding one armed bassist..
http://www.kzoomusicgroup.com/video/bill320.wmv
also see - http://www.audiomastermind.us/wp-co...images/bill.jpg

Cheers.

:beer:

MetalThrashingMad 2005-12-04 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered


An old billy sheehan 8 minute live bass solo video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=Billy+sheehan



Holy fuck! What band is he in there?

younguitarist 2005-12-04 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered
More videos:

Victor wooten and his brother have a slap/thump dual, Bass day 98.

http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/pvids/bassbattle.wmv



DAMN!! that was cool.

Tattered 2005-12-04 18:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Holy fuck! What band is he in there?


A band called Mr. Big.. guitarist Paul Gilbert. I love sheehans style.

:beer:

Stachio 2005-12-05 01:06

Cool stuff. Thanks for the links. The Wooten and the Hamm vids were like 30 seconds each...I think something happened there.

walpurgis 2005-12-05 01:40

Wait a minute...Wasn't Mr. Big that fucking gay ass band that did the song "I'm the One Who Wants to Be With You" where all they do is sit in this train car or diner or something and fucking whine out the whole song?

If so, even though the guy is fucking better than I'd ever hope to be, I still can't have too much respect for him, because that song sucked balls, and there was no excuse for it.

Cloaca 2005-12-05 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered
More videos:

Victor wooten and his brother have a slap/thump dual, Bass day 98.

http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/pvids/bassbattle.wmv


Teh fucking w00tenz!

That was awesome.

Theoldman 2005-12-05 08:41

This is pretty cool.
http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=cfnE...oi%20dix%20mois

walpurgis 2005-12-05 15:24

I dunno...it's got nothing on any of the other videos here. The band might be good, didn't listen to anything else on there, but I'm not real impressed.

bassist_of_light 2005-12-05 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman


the dude looks like my friends gay uncle gone goth lol :rofl:

Tattered 2005-12-05 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman


Not too bad, he sort of looks like twiggy ramirez.

:beer:

tchambliss 2005-12-05 19:28

My Best friend showed me Victor Wooten's DVD and I was amazed. . . He is definitely up there with Stanley Clark and the other greats. I was especially amazed at Reggie Wooten's "Slap Guitar." Great times, great stuff.

Tattered 2005-12-07 16:01

Id say victor is above stanley clarke, but thats just my personal opinion, both completely different slap styles.

So bass videos..

Check out http://www.basslobster.com and go to the video section, a very nice selection of videos of pro bassists that you can stream.

Cheers. :beer:

Disincarnate 2005-12-08 13:16

portrait of tracy......i love that song

Robbie Filth 2005-12-08 14:56

I loved the one with the two black guys one on the guitar other on bass and they both swung their instruments around their bodies at the end now that was skill!!!!!

And the one armed dude is amazing i can't play bass like that with two.

IRON90 2005-12-08 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered
Thought this might interest some people.
This is a thread where you can post links to bass videos on the net, upload, or just streaming links.

Flea and Chad smith (Old rhcp jam)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...25657627&q=flea


Nice solo by victor wooten, with amazing grace at the end

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=victor+wooten


An old billy sheehan 8 minute live bass solo video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=Billy+sheehan


Stu hamm doing a melodic piece and then his Country music..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...8114&q=stu+hamm


Ill find some more and post them up when i do, feel free to add.

:beer:



Those were realy nice videos, espessialy Billy Sheehan and Stu Hamm.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.