MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The OFFICIAL 'I need help buying a guitar' Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24768)

newHELLonEARTH 2005-10-08 17:41

The OFFICIAL 'I need help buying a guitar' Thread

Ok, so I've seen alot of threads made where people want help buying a new guitar, so instead of making a thread on it, post it in this one. Whether it be suggestions for a new guitar, or help chosing between guitars and so forth, post it here instead of making a thread on it.

k13m 2005-10-08 17:44

yes mister newHELL''MOD''onEARTH :p

pretty good idea though, wonder y noone ever got that idea before :beer:

newHELLonEARTH 2005-10-08 17:50

too bad i made it after your custom guitar choise thread. well i hope it floats and possibly stickies

Vardanstalt 2005-10-08 17:52

Yes, finally, no more annoying threads like before, they can all go in here. Damn I feel some-what less annoyed. They better make this a Sticky too.
:beer:

IlikeRiffseveryone 2005-10-08 20:12

great idea :beer:

Now, let be the first to actually utilize this-

i play left handed and need to know a good second guitar, a pretty standard request, but i need to know what companies actually make left handed models

i was think along the lines of ibanez, or jackson

powersofterror 2005-10-08 20:37

To keep this thread going, who thinks I should close all other threads like it?

newHELLonEARTH 2005-10-08 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
To keep this thread going, who thinks I should close all other threads like it?

thats a good idea.. theres so damned many of them.

EDIT: now to answering IlikeRiffsEveryone's answer. wich i don't know the answer to.

powersofterror 2005-10-08 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeRiffseveryone
great idea :beer:

Now, let be the first to actually utilize this-

i play left handed and need to know a good second guitar, a pretty standard request, but i need to know what companies actually make left handed models

ya know...you could get a regular right-handed guitar, and just slice off the top fin thingy.:p

get either jackson or ibanez....yes.

EviLGuitariST666 2005-10-09 11:19

I need a Metal guitar

I want to buy a metal guitar,but I have only 300.What can I buy??Please Help me!!!!!!
:confused:

Vardanstalt 2005-10-09 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeRiffseveryone

I'll suggest a Jackson, cause I have one, and its really good, and its my second electric guitar for me too. A Jackson would be really good, also, I hear alot of good things about Carvin's these days, they make lefty's too. But Carvins are very very pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLGuitariST666
I want to buy a metal guitar,but I have only 300.What can I buy??Please Help me!!!!!!
:confused:

Whats 300E in American? You need to be a little more specific, is this going to be your 2nd guitar or what? What companies do you like? What things in a guitar do you like and want to have in the new one?

IlikeRiffseveryone 2005-10-09 11:56

I think i found one, The Dkl2, anyone know if this is good?

EviLGuitariST666 2005-10-09 13:59

Now I have a bad "Marathon" Guitar,so I want to buy a new one as my first guitar.I like Jackson,ESP or B.C.Rich,but im not sure which guitar has a good sound for Death or Trash Metal.This is the most important thing for me

Vardanstalt 2005-10-09 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLGuitariST666
Now I have a bad "Marathon" Guitar,so I want to buy a new one as my first guitar.I like Jackson,ESP or B.C.Rich,but im not sure which guitar has a good sound for Death or Trash Metal.This is the most important thing for me

Dont get B.C Rich.

k13m 2005-10-09 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardanstalt
Dont get B.C Rich.
thats for sure, also, low end jacksons arent that great either, dont get a jackson xt series (it might be an ok guitar, but it could also be complete crap)

i think for that 300euro price u should look for a ibanez, since they have pretty good guitars, even in the lower price models) also look for some secondhands, u might find a higher class guitar 2nd hand for the same money as a lower class guitar new.

Soeru 2005-10-09 17:19

300 is like $420. ackson JS30 series(available as a V, RR, Warrior, Kelly, or Dinky with a Floyd Rose) go for $300 new, and you'd still have enough left over for some new pickups.

IlikeRiffseveryone 2005-10-09 20:15

yeah, bc rich. not good. basically the dk2l is basically just a dk2 only left handed. I can get one for 700 dollars. Nay, yay?

EviLGuitariST666 2005-10-10 05:44

Yeah thanks for your help
I think I will get an Jackson JS30 or an Ibanez like the GRG 170 DX.
Without this Thread soon I would play a B.C.......

OpethFan 2005-10-10 13:50

:sickface: You are so lucky :p

Lesvic Paulfirth 2005-10-10 21:43

$250 and less, haha

My axe is fucked to hell and i need something new, so within that price range, what would you say? Something well suited for extreme metal (technical death). What are your thoughts on the Washburn 7 string that goes for 189.99 ?

Soeru 2005-10-11 13:10

I'm looking to buy a secondary guitar. The only reason I want another is to have more flexibility with tunings. Ie> use one for E, Eb and D, use the other for C, C#, Bb, and A#.

So as you can figure, I'm not willing to spend much. In fact I actually want something cheaper than my current guitar. The max I'll spend is about $120-150. Seriously, I don't need anything fancy, but I'm not going to buy a plywood axe either. Just a good old 6-string with a low profile neck.

Some of those guitars at Rondomusic seem very appealing but none of them are well known brands. I found this Ibanez RG going for $130 on ebay and I'm heavily considering it, as it usually goes for like $300 new.

Can anyone reccomend any Ibanez's/other cheaper better known brand guitars that suit my needs? Just any "standard" fixed bridge(or tremolos with a locking nut) 6 strings in that price range. Any help is greatly appreciated.