MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The OFFICIAL 'I need help buying a guitar' Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24768)

DRI 2005-11-13 13:51

It's a bit off-topic but I don't see why left handed people play left handed guitars. I'm a lefty but play right handed ones. It's easier to do the complex fretting and fingerings with your dominant hand and use your weaker (right) hand to just pick. It also makes your selection of guitars to buy a lot broader.

DeathCS 2005-11-13 14:04

I know Pat O brien is left handed but he plays right handed. Left handed people that play right handed usually have a pretty fast fretting hand.


Anyways, if you need help buying a guitar, buy this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-RX10D-R...1QQcmdZViewItem
You cant go wrong buying from me!

Soeru 2005-11-13 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
I know Pat O brien is left handed but he plays right handed. Left handed people that play right handed usually have a pretty fast fretting hand.


Anyways, if you need help buying a guitar, buy this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-RX10D-R...1QQcmdZViewItem
You cant go wrong buying from me!


Shut the fuck up about your guitar! :p Seriously, someone will see it and bid on it, so relax. :p I'd go for it but I don't have much cash... I'm saving up for a Kramer Striker with a Floyd Rose. They're supposed to be real good for the price, and I'm just dying to experiment with a Floyd guitar. It's either that one or an ESP Ltd. M-100, also a decent Floyd guitar in my price range, whichever I spot cheap as hell on ebay first when I have the cash.

DeathCS 2005-11-13 15:38

oh, I'm done now :p

Soeru 2005-11-14 18:32

What do y'all think of these guitars? : http://www.musicyo.com/brandpos.asp...triker%20Series

I'm interested in the Floyd Rose ones. The only difference between the FR ones is the neck single coil, but everything else is exactly the same. They look very nice, eh? Are these new models that haven't been released yet, or have these Striker models been around for a while? This will definately be my next axe, just thought I'd hear what you guys think of it.

Six_Feet_Under_420 2005-11-15 03:27

Well, They look nice. But I don't know if they play right. I believe O'brien20 has a kramer.

framing R. kelly 2005-11-26 15:42

buying guitars
 
you can buy a ibanez grx20 for 150 on musicians friend it will be a tremolo bar bridge but it wont be locking it will be realy hard to find a locking tremolo under 150 the floyd rose locking tremolos cost 200 just on their own if not then you can buy a epiphone sg special for 150 its standard tune-o-matic bridge this was my first guitar.

antipunx 2005-11-26 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by framing R. kelly
you can buy a ibanez grx20 for 150 on musicians friend it will be a tremolo bar bridge but it wont be locking it will be realy hard to find a locking tremolo under 150 the floyd rose locking tremolos cost 200 just on their own if not then you can buy a epiphone sg special for 150 its standard tune-o-matic bridge this was my first guitar.


I got a guitar w/floyd rose for $80. It was of ebay but still, a floyd is a floyd

Soeru 2005-11-26 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Feet_Under_420
Well, They look nice. But I don't know if they play right. I believe O'brien20 has a kramer.


Trey Azagthoth and Kai Hansen have played Kramers. They're obscure but I've read real good reviews and they all say they have thin low profile necks. Sounds great. I might get one of these less I can get an Ltd. M-100 for significantly cheaper.

seraphic 2005-11-27 05:00

Gibson SG vs. Jackson Rhoads for 80s sleaze metal and black metal.

Pro's and con's for both? I have narrowed my next guitar down to those two.

VolVox 2005-11-30 10:00

ok
I want to buy a newguitar because it seems like id have to change from bass to lead guitar. However, i dont want to spend more than 350, thats about 410$, i guess. I need a floyd rose and 24 frets. It may look a bit odd and crazy, but thats not a must. Our style is not unlikely to Slayer (--> floyd rose, haha), Destruction or At the Gates. Any recommendations?

lizardly 2005-11-30 12:32

What's the best electric acoustic for the money?

Manx

Destroyer_of_Senses 2005-12-01 19:18

new guitar
 
Im loking fora new guitar perferrably an ibanez/jackson/ESp or a knockoff that looks good and is built well. If you guys could give me links to pics of gutiars that are uniue or loook different with crazy body shapes or paintjobs itd be apreciated. Thanks :stoned:

Joe Rogers 2005-12-01 23:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolVox
ok
I want to buy a newguitar because it seems like id have to change from bass to lead guitar. However, i dont want to spend more than 350, thats about 410$, i guess. I need a floyd rose and 24 frets. It may look a bit odd and crazy, but thats not a must. Our style is not unlikely to Slayer (--> floyd rose, haha), Destruction or At the Gates. Any recommendations?

I personaly would look into an esp. $410 is a little low for anything with a floyd, 24 frets and sounds good, maybe check ebay though. Good luck man.

VolVox 2005-12-02 10:41

ok thank you

edit: I think its gonna be a ltd M-100FM, then ill buy some active emgs, 81 and 85 or sth like that. Would that work?

*insert name here* 2005-12-02 19:42

Haha there are so many people asking,and barely anyone replies.

Soeru 2005-12-02 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogers
I personaly would look into an esp. $410 is a little low for anything with a floyd, 24 frets and sounds good, maybe check ebay though. Good luck man.


Not necessarily. Look into Kramer guitars. Or a used Jackson. Brilliant fucking well built Floyd-equipped guitars that can be had for well under $400. I'm going to get one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer_of_Senses
Im loking fora new guitar perferrably an ibanez/jackson/ESp or a knockoff that looks good and is built well. If you guys could give me links to pics of gutiars that are uniue or loook different with crazy body shapes or paintjobs itd be apreciated. Thanks :stoned:

There are some very cheap knockoffs at Rondomusic.net. The Agile Les Pauls are supposed to be of real good build quality, as well as the set-neck Explorer rip-off from SX.

Satans Vengeance 2005-12-04 00:50

Ibanez HR Giger
 
I am thinking of buying a Ibanez HR Giger guitar, the one with the Edge Pro on it. Is the Edge Pro a good tremelo system, what are the stock pickups like, has any one played one of these guitars
any help what so ever would be thoroughly appreciated

angelsdontkill 2005-12-04 01:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolVox
ok thank you

edit: I think its gonna be a ltd M-100FM, then ill buy some active emgs, 81 and 85 or sth like that. Would that work?


I'd get atleast an M-200. ESP's and LTD's can be great but the ones lower than that aren't half as good.

m3talhead666 2005-12-04 04:55

How come BC Rich guitars are all bad, i have a platinum pro warlock with a floyd rose and it works, the pickups are shit but im ordering a ZW set :beer:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.