MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Maze of Torment playing Slayer cover live (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24605)

Transient 2005-10-02 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Rico
I guess thatīs what itīs called in swedish... And I heard Ice Cube saying "been pushing weights since the 10th grade" on some song he did. So I thought it was called pushing weights. But ok, "weight lifting".
Pumping iron???

hahah it all works.pushing weight is one way of saying it, its just not common

newHELLonEARTH 2005-10-02 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Rico
Oh, Canada? You guys got a great hockey team!
Would be cool to do some gigs over there and watch some NHL hockey games.

damn skippy! too bad I'm not into sports one bit.

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
damn skippy! too bad I'm not into sports one bit.


I love hockey! Been playing since I was 7. Now, almost 20 years later I still suck!

newHELLonEARTH 2005-10-02 19:24

well that's good to know, but myself, the only thing close to a sport that I like it Kayacking.

antipunx 2005-10-02 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
well that's good to know, but myself, the only thing close to a sport that I like it Kayacking.


paintballing..now there is a sport.

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
hahah it all works.pushing weight is one way of saying it, its just not common


I rather use whatīs common so You people understand me. In Sweden we always learn UK english and I canīt stand that accent. :sickface:
So sometimes it gets messed up due to that.

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
well that's good to know, but myself, the only thing close to a sport that I like it Kayacking.


Thatīs something Iīve never tried. I rather stay on solid ground (or ice).

powersofterror 2005-10-02 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Rico
...In Sweden we always learn UK english and I canīt stand that accent. :sickface:
...

I don't know why but this cracks me up:rofl: Maybe it's because I'm an American...

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I don't know why but this cracks me up:rofl: Maybe it's because I'm an American...


We watch american movies, listen to american music, watch american programs so thatīs what we used to. But they still force us to learn UK english. Donīt know why. I didnīt care about when I was in school so sometimes my own teacher couldnīt understand me. :confused: He was from Wimbeldon by the way...

powersofterror 2005-10-02 20:29

What american bands do you listen to mostly? You like death, right?:D

EDIT:just looking through your band's picture section man....ha, you and the drummer are definately the coolest looking guys....so fucking metal.:lhdevil:

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
What american bands do you listen to mostly? You like death, right?:D

EDIT:just looking through your band's picture section man....ha, you and the drummer are definately the coolest looking guys....so fucking metal.:lhdevil:


I love Death! R.I.P!
But I meant in generall, in Sweden we usully listen to american music. Thatīs why most of us is used to american accent, and not the brittish :sickface:
The drummer, Kjelle, is really metal! He is oldskool! And the oldest one in the band 32.
The funny think about him is that he got 2 kids 2 and 5. Wife, house, good job, a dog (Lassie) and drives a Volvo. He had a Porsche-73 or 74 but he sold it to buy a mixing table so we can record our record by our selfs.

L,B'XXX 2005-10-02 21:00

Umm, if it was Ice Cube and he was saying --pushing weights since 10th grade--the first thing that comes into my mind is weights as in kilos, ounces, grams, and those kinds of weights. Pushing meaning pushing dope? Nothing to do with lifting, but I don't know the rest of what he was saying so I don't know for sure. Maybe I'm just being stereotypical about him since he's a rapper that I don't know much about, but that's what I thought of.

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Umm, if it was Ice Cube and he was saying --pushing weights since 10th grade--the first thing that comes into my mind is weights as in kilos, ounces, grams, and those kinds of weights. Pushing meaning pushing dope? Nothing to do with lifting, but I don't know the rest of what he was saying so I don't know for sure. Maybe I'm just being stereotypical about him since he's a rapper that I don't know much about, but that's what I thought of.

You might be on to something here.... Donīt remember what song it was and I donīt remember what it was about... He donīt look like heīs been pushing weight (weight lifting) since the 10th grade...

L,B'XXX 2005-10-02 21:18

Leave it to Granny to figure that out.

I've got a good friend who's Swedish that I've been helping with grammar in his lyrics for about 4 years now. He does a lot better than he used to, but once in awhile I still catch things. Sometimes he does when I don't and that's even better that he can recognize them.

EDIT: Is this the lyric? http://lyrical.nl/song/12232 We're both wrong if it is.

Turbo Rico 2005-10-02 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Leave it to Granny to figure that out.

I've got a good friend who's Swedish that I've been helping with grammar in his lyrics for about 4 years now. He does a lot better than he used to, but once in awhile I still catch things. Sometimes he does when I don't and that's even better that he can recognize them.

EDIT: Is this the lyric? http://lyrical.nl/song/12232 We're both wrong if it is.


Thatīs the lyric for one of his newer songs. The one Iīm thinking of is un older song. I gonna check it out when I get home. I got all his records.

Transient 2005-10-03 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I don't know why but this cracks me up:rofl: Maybe it's because I'm an American...



its true, everybody learns british english, even the chinese

humancorpse 2005-10-03 06:00

and its fuckin annoying

Turbo Rico 2005-10-03 06:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
its true, everybody learns british english, even the chinese


Donīt see thre reason why. How many are there that speak brittish english and how many speak american english...?

Turbo Rico 2005-10-03 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by humancorpse
and its fuckin annoying


Yea, it sure is.
Shagged... bollocks... whatta fuck that supposed to mean??

L,B'XXX 2005-10-03 10:05

Yeah, I'd prefer "screwed" or "bullshit." I insulted someone saying a typical American thing to a Brit once. He told me why it was an insult and I explained it. It was fine after that. I had someone ask me why some say 'aks' instead of 'ask' and that's just a dialect thing to me.
Here in northern Ohio there isn't really much accent, but some things some of us say different than others. Crik for creek and root for route.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.