MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tours & Concerts (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Satriani, Dream Theater, Kings X (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441)

walpurgis 2002-07-19 14:48

Satriani, Dream Theater, Kings X

Got my tickets today...I think "raging hardon" would be a good way to describe it :D

CtHuLhU DaWn 2002-07-19 19:40

lucky cunt

memnoch 2002-07-19 21:32

Yeah.....i could go......but i'd rather stay home and masterbate.:D

Father Death 2002-07-21 15:11

got my tix for the T-Dot 0-dot show...Satriani baby!!

walpurgis 2002-07-21 20:09

I'm really looking forward to it...and at the show, I'll finally have to listen to Dream Theater, lol :D

Father Death 2002-07-29 23:04

yeah i never listen to them by choice, but they are definately talented and will be cool to watch. now the Liquid Tenshin stuff, that is good shit, much better than actual Dream Theatre.

onceinalifetime 2002-08-05 06:48

Dreamtheater coming to Australia ?? SOON ??/
PLEASE come
pass that message on...:: :scatter:

SKOA Deadman 2002-08-05 06:55

bloody excellent dude when are Dream Theater coming to Australia cause they r heaps mad and i need to go?

onceinalifetime 2002-08-05 06:57

I dont know
im asking if anyone knows
i sure wanna go damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:angel:

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-12 00:45

who is headling this concert, Satriani or DT? i sure hope DT is............

Clad in Shadows 2002-08-12 01:28

satriani

worst show ive ever been to... KING's X is THE worst band in the world. They will piss you off so bad. The place i saw them at is shitty and was full of god damn 40 year olds!! DT played the worst set and i didnt even stay for satriani because i was so tired of that place and the stupid old people. when soccer moms are dancing to the music you know you're at the wrong show...

Gigantic Penis 2002-08-12 13:33

Quote:
Originally posted by Clad in Shadows
satriani

worst show ive ever been to... KING's X is THE worst band in the world. They will piss you off so bad. The place i saw them at is shitty and was full of god damn 40 year olds!! DT played the worst set and i didnt even stay for satriani because i was so tired of that place and the stupid old people. when soccer moms are dancing to the music you know you're at the wrong show...

kinda like the Poison concert i went to.......................

walpurgis 2002-08-12 14:09

Quote:
satriani

Fuck a whole bunch of that. If King's X and DT piss me off, I'm not going to leave, I'm gonna go down to front row and start a fucking riot, because nothing is supposed to suck in the presence of Joe, and if they do, by God I'm gonna be on the news and someone's gonna be in the hospital. :)

atifman 2002-08-12 15:47

what was DT's set?

Clad in Shadows 2002-08-12 16:07

believe me i woulda stayed but it had been such a shitty night there i really hated the place.. i could still here Joe playing while we were waiting outside anyways :)

they played "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance" (the song, which i hate)... i forgot a couple but then i remember "Home" and "Pull me Under" because those were the only ones I liked.

Father Death 2002-08-19 18:26

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis

Fuck a whole bunch of that. If King's X and DT piss me off, I'm not going to leave, I'm gonna go down to front row and start a fucking riot, because nothing is supposed to suck in the presence of Joe, and if they do, by God I'm gonna be on the news and someone's gonna be in the hospital. :)

WALLY!!!!?!?! damn right!

OpethRules 2002-08-19 21:45

Quote:
satriani

worst show ive ever been to... KING's X is THE worst band in the world.

I find that hard to believe. They rocked when I saw them.

Darkenelf 2002-09-09 13:54

re:

they had a tour in Atlanta as well.

it was 3 weeks ago in the tabernacle!!

OpethRules 2002-10-18 18:10

Quote:
believe me i woulda stayed but it had been such a shitty night there i really hated the place.. i could still here Joe playing while we were waiting outside anyways :)

they played "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance" (the song, which i hate)... i forgot a couple but then i remember "Home" and "Pull me Under" because those were the only ones I liked.

It must be a subjective thing, because I like those songs u listed.

walpurgis 2002-10-18 20:07

Heh, I forgot I never really made a write up about the actual show when I went. And guess what? I'm too fucking tired to right now, so blow me.

A quick review would go as follows:

King's X was tolerable, and they were pretty talented, but they're not a band I'd listen to on my own on a regular basis.

Satriani proved once again that he could kick God's ass, even PST's God, the one that he claims has a bigger dick (wonder how he knows that...:rolleyes: ).

Dream Theater, was, well, about what I expected them to be. Unimpressive. I like Disappear, and I like Silent Man, and they played neither, so fuck them.

I can't remember Satch's set list right now and I don't know the names of either of the other bands' songs, so that's all ya get.

Peace, Love and Lollipops
Fuck the Mexicans

Walpurgis