MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   so i ask why so much dickery (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24254)

((Nervous)) Texx 2005-09-15 14:18

so i ask why so much dickery

what i mean by this is why the closing of certain threads that dont break any of the rules posted in the rules thread. this is just for example btw, im sure much more dickery has been had by many but why was my "its wednesday : what are you wearing" thread...that interfered with no rules at all. 1. It was not spam, it was a genuine conversational topic 2. It did not personally abuse anyone at all! matter of fact someone attempted to personally abuse me for no reason

what im saying here is that, there was no need for my thread to be closed, it didnt break any rules at all here and i believe it to be general dickery to close my thread on the sole fact that it wasn't about tits, band shirts, or guitars...notice this is the fucking chit chat page goddamnit! CHIT CHAT! my thread was chit chat, "so what are you wearing" all though sounds a little perv-ish when taken incorrectly, is fucking chitchat

all i really wanna know is why was my thread closed?
Edit: one more thing this is what it says right under the words "chit chat" on the main forum page:
"This is THE ONLY forum where you can go to talk about everything and anything."
well....i guess that about sums it up

SARS 2005-09-15 14:19

it was a pile of shit

[15 posts later edit]
Anything after this post is moronic. he has no basis for arguement, it was a pile of shit end of.

guitar_demon 2005-09-15 14:20

this may be chit chat but that thread was completly pointless and stupid. if you look back youll see tons of "offical" threads bullshit got closed for the same reason

Transient 2005-09-15 14:21

theres a difference between "chit chat" and "the shit we come to metaltabs to AVOID, namely, idiotic conversation on the level of 6th graders"

L,B'XXX 2005-09-15 14:24

Because we were actually all in snowsuits and didnt want to tell you. I'm wearing my tiedye Moody Blues shirt and jeans' shorts today.

It gave me something to laugh at the last couple posts there though. This will get closed or deleted too.

((Nervous)) Texx 2005-09-15 14:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
theres a difference between "chit chat" and "the shit we come to metaltabs to AVOID, namely, idiotic conversation on the level of 6th graders"

so i suppose that makes all the people that responded to my thread 6th graders too?

and sars! you responded to my thread, what the hell, you respond to it then say it was shit after it was closed
methinks i smell hypocrisy

Vardanstalt 2005-09-15 14:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
it was a pile of shit

:rofl:

+1

SARS 2005-09-15 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((Nervous)) Texx
Edit: one more thing this is what it says right under the words "chit chat" on the main forum page:
"This is THE ONLY forum where you can go to talk about everything and anything."
well....i guess that about sums it up

everything and anything within certain worth.

guitar_demon 2005-09-15 14:28

Quote:

methinks I be smelling a pirate matey sailing on the high web seas argh! if ye be not carefull we be making ya walk the plank and dive down to the depths of davie jims locker aye we be :smash: *shakes hook violently and walks away on wooden leg*

[parrot] *quaaa* davie jims locker, davie jims locker [/parrot]

bloody scaliwags

Vardanstalt 2005-09-15 14:29

Quote:
so i suppose that makes all the people that responded to my thread 6th graders too?

and sars! you responded to my thread, what the hell, you respond to it then say it was shit after it was closed

I think I smell another bullshit thread about to be closed!

((Nervous)) Texx 2005-09-15 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardanstalt
I think I smell another bullshit thread about to be closed!

certainly wouldnt surprise me

Vardanstalt 2005-09-15 14:38

Quote:
certainly wouldnt surprise me

Wouldnt surprize anyone.

humancorpse 2005-09-15 14:38

Its chit chat not shit chat. No seriously, it didn`t breake any rules, but i guess most people found it stupid.

newHELLonEARTH 2005-09-15 15:02

so much dickery? my god. smarten the fuck up this is metaltabs bitch!

foxguitar 2005-09-15 15:25

:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
methinks I be smelling a pirate matey sailing on the high web seas argh! if ye be not carefull we be making ya walk the plank and dive down to the depths of davie jims locker aye we be :smash: *shakes hook violently and walks away on wooden leg*

[parrot] *quaaa* davie jims locker, davie jims locker [/parrot]

Ay matey I do think yer mean Davie Jones ,you know the bloke who used to be in the Monkees :rofl:

bloody scaliwags

YJM04 2005-09-15 15:36

try the gear section next time.

jk

newHELLonEARTH 2005-09-15 15:40

haha

L,B'XXX 2005-09-15 15:54

We've had a Bitchin' Thread periodically where I mod in the l/p forum, but they're in the form of poetry. Usually rap songs. (I'm horrible at writing rap songs I'm told, but it never stopped me.) And the digs on each other sometimes got pretty crude, but it was all in fun.

rabbifoodslicer 2005-09-15 16:36

Quote:
what i mean by this is why the closing of certain threads that dont break any of the rules posted in the rules thread.

simple anwser....because you touch yourself at night. case closed.

seriously though +1

low-tech 2005-09-15 16:47

dont take it personal and dont go into martyr mode and whine about stuff, it'll get you nowhere, some shit flies here and other shit dont.